• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Started a new game last night and almost picked the Sea Hawk storyline, but decided not to. So went free play and scrolled through the characters until I found a grey haired one. Eugene Martin, the shady trader. Sounds good to me! Got the options I want and started the game. I found myself on a beach with a duelist running for me. Now I have only completed this start one time, and the last time I found it impossible, but this time I breezed right along and made out out of port with a priest and a big fleut. :onya

I was planning on heading to Port au Prince but a storm got in the way and I ended up at Marigot on St. Martin. That is quite a violent place and I quickly got geared up, traded that big fleut for a light pinnace and headed off. Not a bad start at all.

PS: The shipyard menu works fine and so far with only one ship the game runs smoothly at sea.

Last edited:
ZIP file now attached to opening post. This is to be installed AFTER the latest EXE and contains some very important extra fixes!

Hello again guys, now It's summer and I have free time to test everything about Beta 3.5 WIP :)
Which are the things of the top of the list I should check and take a look? Apart from that, I will continue testing the new features o my own, and if there is something weird or a bug, I will notice you here. If it is a bug, I will do a thread on the Bug Tracker.

Keep it going guys, you are doing so well in this amazing Mod!! :D:onya

Which are the things of the top of the list I should check and take a look?
Ahoy mate! Good to see you again in these waters. :cheers
There is a short list of the main things that require testing here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...nal-wip-for-testing.24817/page-29#post-510852
You can also have a look at the Bug Tracker and Build Beta & Brainstorming forums, specifically those threads marked as "Needs Testing".

Before you start, be sure to get the ZIP from the opening post as well.
Without that, there are some nasty issues still in the game. :oops:

Ahoy mate! Good to see you again in these waters. :cheers
There is a short list of the main things that require testing here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...nal-wip-for-testing.24817/page-29#post-510852
You can also have a look at the Bug Tracker and Build Beta & Brainstorming forums, specifically those threads marked as "Needs Testing".

Before you start, be sure to get the ZIP from the opening post as well.
Without that, there are some nasty issues still in the game. :oops:

Really? Oh ups, didn't notice the ZIP :p I will install it too.

And damn, I have to install it again, I didn't notice that there was a new version... recently... :facepalm

But hey, thanks to remind me that :)

I think I am going to just play a Free Play Storyline on my own first (Which, by the way, it's brilliant! I love it! Now I can Have custom campaigns on my own :p ), and then I will move to the WIP content.

If you happen to be in jamaice please visit the opium den and get some :).

I think I am going to just play a Free Play Storyline on my own first (Which, by the way, it's brilliant! I love it! Now I can Have custom campaigns on my own :p ), and then I will move to the WIP content.
The Free Play part is quite new, so testing that is pretty good by itself.
Especially some of the sidequests and the smuggling and the Fetch Quests could do with checking.
That can all be done during your Free Play. :yes

@Pieter Boelen Here are a few things I picked up and have fixed now.
They include
- Again a little look over for the smuggling. Don't know how much it will affect it but better to be save then sorry.
- Changed the disablefasttravel option so I can disable it differently cause else I could screw up quests with it
- Fix in the assigment of some officer perks (for master at arms)
- Starting to work on code clean up again

I compiled this in the zip at the opening post so you can just add to it again.

included in first post

Last edited:
@Pieter Boelen I just remembered the smuggling debug toggle is still on in this zip. Could you set it off again if you gonna compile it with yours.

Opening post ZIP updated again with a bunch more fixes and improvements.
New game recommended, but not enforced.

Reactions: A.H
Uploaded a new file in the first post fixing a game breaking bug with the calculation of the smuggling prices.

No new game required

Last edited:
Yes that zipfile.
it's now has an a after it cause its uploaded the same date :p.

Reactions: A.H
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I put the build file before.. good thing I caught on time :)
thanks for moving topic, I'll post there since I have some updates

Yea I don't know if I mentioned before about the monk dialog but i'll post in the proper thread now as a reminder to be included for future updates

Back