• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Unfortunately same problem still :S

COMPILE ERROR - file: NK.c; line: 19
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
invalid function argument
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Undeclared identifier: FindFreeRandomOfficer

Runtime error.. abnormal program termination.. it worked before pasting the recent updates.. perhaps there is a missing link in one of the files that triggers the startup for the ENGINE

Just for the record, my current game folder size is a total of:

30,682 Files, 1,590 Folders
10.7 GB (11,506,311,800 bytes)

You are sure you do have the latest EXE?
If so, just stick to the last version that did work for you. I'll have to post another EXE soon anyway because the zip has already become too large.
But that'll be after the False Flag detection code is ready to be enabled again.

If you're willing to test that, I'd definitely appreciate.
I think I forgot to enforce a new game but that would definitely be needed as I cleared out all sorts of old variables.
Can't make any guarantees on how well this latest version will work, but it is the way forward. :cheeky
Game crash after installing the last update zip!

Attachments

• error.zip
    271 bytes · Views: 114
Game crash after installing the last update zip!
This is a line that indeed I completely deleted:
Code:
int     NationsRelations2MainCharacter[MAX_NATIONS];
However, no code files in my game version actually refer to that anymore.
Try removing the file named "options" from your main game folder and remove everything from your SAVE folder too.
It wouldn't be the first time that old stuff remains in the memory in one of those spots, which messes everything up. :facepalm

If that doesn't help, please upload your current PROGRAM folder somewhere so I can see what differences you've got with my game version.
All I can say is that on my end, the game does work with these latest changes. o_O

I can also confirm the game runs fine for me ....

Last exe is from july 16th so i sugest downloading it again.

@Pieter Boelen I will upload a zipfile with a lot of changes tonight, probably round 10 PM or earlier. Could you make an installer after that? (or tomorrow)
If not when do you need to have the stuff to still make an installer?

Last edited:
Reactions: A.H
@Pieter Boelen I will upload a zipfile with a lot of changes tonight, probably round 10 PM or earlier. Could you make an installer after that? (or tomorrow)
If not when do you need to have the stuff to still make an installer?
I am hoping to make an installer again soon (we really need one again).
But I want to get that false flag stuff working again if I can, because I don't want the EXEs to go backwards on functionality if I can avoid it. :facepalm

You might want to get that zip I patted on the previous page. I think I included the fix for that too.
Did you reinitialize (F11) your game at any point?
If so, try pressing F12 after you loaded those files and see if that helps.
I won't have time to make a full new version for a while longer because there is still work the be done to complete my current project to finish all this.

Edit by Levis: This zipfile: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/nation-in-war-with-itself.25537/#post-513247

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone has time please try out these files:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/sudden-huge-amounts-of-xp-gained.24829/page-3#post-513257

You can extract it over the latest zip in the first post. If you have other stuff also installed I don't think it would interfere but use winmerge to be sure...
Please let me know if there are any problems you can find.

If someone has time please try to winmerge this in your version of the game:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/sudden-huge-amounts-of-xp-gained.24829/page-3#post-513419
I've at least included the fixes by @Pieter Boelen for the nations so that should work fine now also.
Hopefully tomorrow we can have a new installer or something like that ..

You do need a new savegame tough ...

Moved most of the posts to sepeate topics to keep this topic clean.

Last edited:
Hopefully tomorrow we can have a new installer or something like that ..
Can't make any promises. Unless people are OK with a bit of a dodgy "initial and flag relations at sea" situation.

@Pieter Boelen could you give me a time when you go make the zip? I will upload my files too then for you.
I'll on it when I get home this evening; shall we say 18:00 our time (=five hours from now)? Probably I can still include stuff afterwards as I'll spend quite some time waiting and merging.
And there might be delays along the way too.

New EXE Now available from Opening Post

As promised, all the latest stuff is now available from the opening post.
This does contain all recent fixes, but also all recent WIP rewrites on skill increases and nation releases.
The skills certainly need testing and the nation relation things still have to be fixed and finished by me.
So expect some weirdness, but this is still an important development step forward. :doff

Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.5:
- New Features:
  . Improved Nation Relations by Pieter Boelen
  > Relation Changes from player actions completely rewritten:
  - Pirates are more forgiving of attacks against them than other nations are, but such an act will still lose you any positive points you had with them
  > False Flag detection rewrite [WIP]
  - Allow changing flags during battle
  . More Additional Personal Flags added by pedrwyth [WIP: To be improved and completed]
  . Rewritten Skill and Ability Assigning on Level-Up by Levis
  . Explanation of officer types added when you first hire an officer
  . Oranjestad Port has some more guards by Levis
- Bug Fixes:
  . Distance to forts shown correctly by Pieter Boelen
  . Consequences of firing on friendly ships restored by Pieter Boelen
  . Error in Pirate Pennant DLL file corrected by Pieter Boelen
  . Fixes to item interface to show period correct data by Levis and Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Sidequests:
  > Strange Things Going on in the Caribbean sidequest corrected for Early Explorers by Grey Roger
  > Saving Toff's Daughter sidequest corrected for Early Explorers by Grey Roger
- Model and Texture Updates:
  . Satanist Fleut retexture added as 'Mefisto' replacement in Early Explorers and The Spanish Main by Grey Roger
  . San Juan "sea locator" turned 180 degrees by Jack Rackham
- Modder Tools:
  . Skill debug dialog option by Levis

Last edited by a moderator:
Great hoping to check out latest patch..tomorrow gonna get a new harddrive and see if i can get a new video card as well...
a little anger caused my laptop to start smoke and now harddrive is making noise :oops:

Finally, you're going to play the game.:shock
My main goal is to get the game in such a state that I can actually play it and improve some things along the way.
So far I have been unable to do that, because there are too many major issues that prevent it.
Hopefully that'll be different once the nation relations stuff is under control.

Back