• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Please ask questions and report bugs in the appropriate subforums.

Can anyone make me know what is that attached file for?? I already downloaded the current installer(11 Aug.), so do I need that attached file content??

Can anyone make me know what is that attached file for?? I already downloaded the current installer(11 Aug.), so do I need that attached file content??
They are new updates which are also wip. If you wanna help test download and extract them to the potc root folder.

See also the reply from @Pieter Boelen in post #739. The contents of the .7z update and installer are pretty much the same. Also, I did a Winmerge comparison on the .7z update still in place and the one which I downloaded before the new installer went up, and they appear to be the same, which seems to confirm that whatever is in the .7z update is already in the installer.

@Levis: is the thread about the installer not the correct place for questions about the installer? ;)

Since the .7z went up before the .exe, if there are any differences then the .exe is probably the more current one. In fact, using 7-Zip to examine the contents of both, I can see that "PROGRAM\Storyline\Hornblower\quests\quests_reaction.c" is newer in the .exe than in the .7z, which is evidence enough for me that you don't want the .7z "update" as it is now out of date. xD

Opening post EXE updated again. This includes the latest updates AND creates the same game version that the new method posted here does:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-new-installer-method-for-testing-and-feedback.25658
That means that if you get this version installed correctly with the Beta 3 base archive, you'll be able to use the Beta 4 base updates from now on.

I have tested this on my end and it should work. But of course other people experience other things, so more testing required.....

If you know how to use WinMerge, I'd recommend making a copy of your Beta 3.4 install and use this update,
then also do a clean install based on the new Beta 4 base. The results should be pretty much identical and they should both run equally well.

This new update wont work, I have this message: Udklip.PNG

That sounds like you are cursed with a bad download. :shrug

I DLed the EXE in the first post and installed it into my working B14 beta 3.5 install and it runs. New game required!

I have just tried to download and 'save as" the exe from the opening post but I get an error that the file couldn't be downloaded.
I have the 11 Aug one.

Maybe Ansel's issue is back?

Thanks in advance.
Edit - It worked today - go figure??

Last edited:
Pieter / Levis
I am using the 13 August update to my previous 3.5 WIP.
Is this now what we are supposed to be testing?

Back