• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Thanks Levis,
I may be having the various issues as I didn't start a new game between the 11 August and the 13 August versions - I did do the F11 though.
Have started a new game again as I hit quest blocks in the Standard storyline.
Will let you know if I have the same issues as before. I am probably due for a clean install as well.

Ok, I will make sure I upload some of my stuff before 10 o clock tomorrow, unless you want it earlier

Progress Continued with Beta 4 Base
With all the latest improvements to the installation process, character skills and nation relations, we are getting really very close to the next public release.
We have also passed the "Beta 3.5" stage by now as there have just been so many changes and improvements these past few months.
Therefore all further progress will be continued with the new file posted here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-4-internal-wip-for-testing.25696/

Most important changes made in this latest release:

- Completely redone installation process; this IS compatible with the version from the opening post of this thread though

- Skills System updated by @Levis to the point where it should be properly playable now; TO BE TESTED!

- Nations Relations seem to be working based on what I hear on the forum, so I have moved on to the next step.
All on-screen testing messages have been disabled and most of the log messages are deleted as well.

- "Relations Book" is now added to the game to explain all the changes made to the system and how this affects the player.
This REQUIRED FEEDBACK so we can do the final FINE-TUNING on this.

- The flag detection chance is now properly dynamic again so we have moved past the 100% chance stage!
I have removed the difficulty factor from the equation so that everyone has the same values as this is TO BE BALANCED!

- The entire Beta 3.5 section in "Build Info.txt" has been split into a Beta 4 and Beta 3.5 part to prevent confusion.
It has also been cleaned up and rewritten in preparation for the public release.
I would appreciate any COMMENTS anyone might have on this.

> Governor Ship Hunting quest expires after a month so you get a new one afterwards by Pieter Boelen
I can't find the ship I'm supposed to hunt for the governor, it was supposed to be around Nevis, a ship called Ostergo.
When I get close to Nevis a message appears: "Direct sail disabled to prevent governor hunting mission ship to disappear" (or something like that)
But the ship is not around! I Or at least I was unable to find it... (I've been searching a lot!) Also it has been a lot more then one month since I started the quest...
Is the quest supposed to disappear after one month? What is the quest behavior I should get when the one month time expires?

I can't find the ship I'm supposed to hunt for the governor, it was supposed to be around Nevis, a ship called Ostergo.
When I get close to Nevis a message appears: "Direct sail disabled to prevent governor hunting mission ship to disappear" (or something like that)
But the ship is not around! I Or at least I was unable to find it... (I've been searching a lot!) Also it has been a lot more then one month since I started the quest...
Is the quest supposed to disappear after one month? What is the quest behavior I should get when the one month time expires?
That seems to happen sometimes, though we never did figure out why.
If you have a recent Beta 3.5 WIP/Beta 4 WIP game version, indeed the quest will be erased after a month and you'll be able to ask for another one then.

And if the question does not gets erased? Is there a way to force it to end/fail/disappear so thar I can get another one?
That is what I added the automatic erasing for. If need be, there is a way to force it.
But that should no longer be necessary, so how about you just see what happens....? :rolleyes:

I really thought I was playing with the 14 - 3.4. But On the main menu it says 14 - 3.3.
I checked the Build Info.txt file from the game installation folder and it says 14 - 3.4.

In that case, your game doesn't have my fix because that is in the Beta 3.5/4 WIP versions only.
I figured you had a more recent version because you posted in the 3.5 thread. :facepalm

Oh my... I'm very sorry! My mistake!

I see now why I ended up asking this... I searched about this issue on the forums and I saw that this was solved on an update (3.5/4) but I didn't realize my version was older then the fix. Again I'm sorry about this, my mistake.

I'm happy to know this has indeed been fixed! As always you continue to make an amazing job! Congrats!

By the way... I have never update my game, just a quick question: Can I update from 3.3 to 3.4 or 3.5 without having to create a new game? (I know that the 14-4 WIP needs a new one).

New game definitely required. A lot of the base code was changed a huge amount for the internal Beta 3.5 update.

I can't install it. I've got the b14_beta3_full.7z and b14_beta3_installer_internalWIP in the same folder, but double-clicking the latter file results in an endless 'loading' cursor. What's worse is that i can't kill the process in task manager. It's stuck there.

Not sure how you can get out of the Beta 3-5 install . :shrug

Best advice - AVOID Beta 3.5 - like the plague - it had lots of problems & was never publicly released. :yes

Instead

Install Beta 4 instead from here :- Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!

1) - Create a new folder for the game.
2) - install the original game into the folder
3) - put the Beta 4 Main Archive & the installer file into the folder
4) - Run the installer ( make sure you choose both the Update & main Files from their check boxes )

You should now have a working copy of the most up to date version of the mod.

:drunk

Right. I was thinking i was supposed to install this first, then install beta 4 on top of it. I'll follow your advice instead. Still stuck with an unstoppable process though. I'll just force it closed when i shut doen my pc, i guess. Hope that'll do it.

Back