• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

ZIP file added to opening post with some new changes:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.5:
- Code Updates:
  . DELETED: Improved performance at sea by Levis
  . Dialog text files loaded from storyline folder if available by Pieter Boelen
- Bug Fixes:
  . Blade Kit skill contribution fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Clint Eastwood fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Custom self dialogs restored after use by Pieter Boelen
  . PinnaceMedium ship walk file restored by Hylie Pistof
- Storyline Updates:
  . Gold-Bug Storyline:
  > New WIP content included by Jack Rackham
- For Future Development:
  . Whip added for quest purposes by Jack Rackham
This should fix all new Beta 3.5 WIP bugs that have been reported so far.
New game is not required if you had the previous version and I added in some extra code to allow @ANSEL to continue his La Croix savegame properly too.

@Grey Roger: Can you try to hire officers for free again? That should now be doubly impossible in every way,
since it should never be for free anymore AND you shouldn't be able to hire any non-story officers in the Hornblower storyline in the first place. ;)

@Jason: For the Blade Kit skill contribution to be fixed, you may have to de-equip and equip any random item to update the item skill contributions.

After completed Voglestruijs quest, Contre-Amiral Beauregard have empty dialog box.

Do you have a save just prior to that? Then I can check it tomorrow.

The EXE from the opening post is not the same as the Beta 3.4 release version, so if indeed you hadn't installed that yet, weird stuff would happen.
Complete reinstall shouldn't be necessary though; just follow the steps explained in the opening post and it should work.
Ok thx

Fair enough. You should *try* to buy though next time you're at the shipyard.
If I did well, it simply won't let you. And if it does let you, you can always cancel before confirming.
Confirmed: buying ships is not an option for Hornblower. I'd expected it to be greyed out the way "Sell" is if you point at your own ship, but "Buy" does not even seem to exist. You can scroll through the ships on sale and look at prices, but there is nothing to click on to buy them.

Confirmed: buying ships is not an option for Hornblower. I'd expected it to be greyed out the way "Sell" is if you point at your own ship, but "Buy" does not even seem to exist. You can scroll through the ships on sale and look at prices, but there is nothing to click on to buy them.
If I recall, there never was a "Buy" button. You just click on the ship in the scroll bar, which I disabled for Hornblower.

After completed Voglestruijs quest, Contre-Amiral Beauregard have empty dialog box.
Confirmed and "fixed". Turns out this wasn't even a real bug, just an unfinished feature.
Execute this code through PROGRAM\console.c:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;

// PB: Fix for Port au Prince governor -->
   Towns[GetTownIndex("Port au Prince")].gov = "Contre-Amirale";       // PB: Set this for real
   Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Contre-Amirale")].Dialog.Filename = "Isabelle de Cussy_dialog.c";
   Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Contre-Amirale")].Dialog.Filename.GroupDialog = "governor.c";
   Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Contre-Amirale")].quest.meeting = 1;
   // PB: Fix for Port au Prince governor <--
Just add that section marked "PB" and press F12 in your game.
That will make the Contre-Amirale behave like a normal governor afterwards.
I'll add this to the storyline code as well for future use.

Can't find the treasure in the Spreightstown dungeon. Any chance it has been removed either intentionally or unintentionally?

Can't find the treasure in the Spreightstown dungeon. Any chance it has been removed either intentionally or unintentionally?
That code hasn't been touched at all, so it should still work as well as it always did.
It isn't here? http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/treasure-quests.7655/#post-153393

If there is a random item there, perhaps you first need to pick that up, walk away, return and then the chest could show.
If it still doesn't work, please upload a savegame.

That code hasn't been touched at all, so it should still work as well as it always did.
It isn't here? http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/treasure-quests.7655/#post-153393

If there is a random item there, perhaps you first need to pick that up, walk away, return and then the chest could show.
If it still doesn't work, please upload a savegame.
Ok, thanks. I don't know exactly where it is in the dungeon, so this is probably just the old familiar user error. I looked at he quest instructions but haven't located it. :modding

In the update is a new version of "Sir Edward Pellew_dialog.h", dated 26th February 2015. Has something changed in there? Because I've been doing a bit of updating of dialogs, including Sir Edward Pellew's, myself, so whatever correction has been applied there will need to go into my version, then I can upload a fully corrected version.

In the update is a new version of "Sir Edward Pellew_dialog.h", dated 26th February 2015. Has something changed in there? Because I've been doing a bit of updating of dialogs, including Sir Edward Pellew's, myself, so whatever correction has been applied there will need to go into my version, then I can upload a fully corrected version.
Can't remember what I did there. Just upload your version and I'll WinMerge it.

@Grey Roger: Found it!
On line 261 I replaced "ecconomy" with "economy". So it is just a single spelling fix and nothing else.

Just uploaded the lasts zip file. Started BFF, the dialogue is fixed. The rest of the story is"

Julian has no weapons, there is no crew on the boat, nothing the in the chest in the cabin, nothing in the other ship chest, can't get back in the cabin after you exit to the deck, can't fast travel of ship, and finally CTD when you try to open the weapons locker. WTF

Yes, I did all that and nothing changed. The only thing I can think of is that I might start the game do a stormy start and send you a save from a beach.

I actually did find an error now; will be trying to fix it and see if it goes back to normal.

Yes, I did all that and nothing changed. The only thing I can think of is that I might start the game do a stormy start and send you a save from a beach.
File attached to opening post is updated; try that one and see if it works better.

Back