• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Is my fixed Artois Voysey bug already in the game? I don't saw it in the list so I was curious if that was already added or it will added in the next one ;)

Not yet added. I'm hoping to include all your stuff at the same time in the next one.

No problem it's almost finished. There is only one problem I can't figured out I'm afraid, I've checked the Pieter at Douwesen thing just again to see if I've missed something but I found nothing and it still doesn't work.

There is a error when Vanessa (Pieter) leaves the Tortuga Port but it only said this: ERROR - Quest name Pieter_at_Douwesen NOT found in ANY function. This was all compile log said and no errors about this in error log. And why does it still said Pieter at Douwesen? I had change it in Vanessa at Douwesen. Something is wrong here. Any idea what?

There is a error when Vanessa (Pieter) leaves the Tortuga Port but it only said this: ERROR - Quest name Pieter_at_Douwesen NOT found in ANY function. This was all compile log said and no errors about this in error log. And why does it still said Pieter at Douwesen? I had change it in Vanessa at Douwesen. Something is wrong here. Any idea what?
Did you change it in the correct file? Not by accident in the Standard storyline folder or something?
Alternatively, search for "Pieter_at_Douwesen" in the entire JackSparrow folder and see if it is still references somewhere.

Did you change it in the correct file? Not by accident in the Standard storyline folder or something?
Alternatively, search for "Pieter_at_Douwesen" in the entire JackSparrow folder and see if it is still references somewhere.

Yes I have changed the right files. Searched but no results. The files Vanessa_at_Douwesen are in Jack Sparrow and I have change it too in both_reaction.c

it could be you are taking a savegame from earlier where the win condition was already set maybe?
Say for example the task was to kill an npc then the win condition is set on killnpc and where to go next. if you change it in the files but you take a savegame from when this is already set it wont change.
Take a earlier savegame and test it with that.

I got these errors while talking with random folks from the standard and buccaneer storyline. (not sure where I got the other one)
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialogs\Oxbay citizen_dialog.c; line: 16
missed attribute: fetch_quest_progress
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: rumour_data.c; line: 282
Missed array index

EDIT: Oh, and can I request textures of the trade interface? 'cause I used the other version of the stock game which used the the words "buy/sell". Unlike the other version that has the "blue and red arrows" instead, below the items' pictures when buying/selling. (and please indicate where to put)
Please, I want those textures instead of the ones I have atm. :flower

Last edited:
I got these errors while talking with random folks from the standard and buccaneer storyline. (not sure where I got the other one)
Code:
missed attribute: fetch_quest_progress
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: rumour_data.c; line: 282
Missed array index

Tortuga perhaps? I've got the same ones on Tortuga, same line as well

"Buy/sell" is from the American version and the arrows are from the European version of POTC. The American version is the one with all the buggy crashes in it.

strange this error is only showing up now .... I'm going to revamp the fetchquest very soon either way and they don't seem to do much damage so for now I let it slip :p.

"Buy/sell" is from the American version and the arrows are from the European version of POTC. The American version is the one with all the buggy crashes in it.
Well, I guess I'll have to re-install. This time I'll use the European version. :D
strange this error is only showing up now .... I'm going to revamp the fetchquest very soon either way and they don't seem to do much damage so for now I let it slip :p.
Oh man..:facepalmWell, can't argue with that. :cheeky:p

EDIT: Where can I find Nassau Port by the way? or is it not in the game? (yet):)

Last edited:
So... as far i have seen on this thread (And correct me if i'm mistaken)... IS Finally a build 14 beta 3.2 of POTC NH? :) If that's so, where and how i can download the new version? Thanks a lot, keep it up! :thumbs1

Expect the full version of 3.2 somewhere in the beginning of may. We still have WIP version.
Check the first post for a link to the installer. I try to keep the firstpost always updated.

Ok Levis, thank you :)
I don't want now to install the new version, i just want to have fun with what i have now until you finish it ;)

well you can expect quite some more from my side in the next few weeks/months
I hope we can push this to a sort of RC candidate soon.

well you can expect quite some more from my side in the next few weeks/months
I hope we can push this to a sort of RC candidate soon.

And yes, i have seen the first post, as Pieter said, until know is WIP and unstable, so i'll wait :)

BTW, i have some ideas for adding new storylines and new abilities, where should i put these ideas?

@Levis I'll upload my files as soon as possible. If the Susan Shaypen bug is fixed soon I could upload them this weekend, maybe I can start adding sidequests to other storylines after that as wel?

And of course I still want to learn a lot more here and I'm always ready to help ;)

Back