• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

The WIP is pretty stable you can download it if you want. I just put the unstable there to cover ourselfs ;).

Put them in the brainstorm section. Altough I can't promise we will make them. If you want those kind of things the best way is to make it yourself. We can help you wherever we can with making those things ofc :).

Don't have too much time to edit... so... anyway, i will put on the section of brainstorming, see what you think :) In some days i will put my ideas.

And don't worry, i expect that all of our dreams can't be real one day. But who knows... maybe someday one of your dreams may be real ;)

I'm having a problem with the latest installer: Clipboard01.png
I already downloaded it 3x. :modding

I plan to re-install and now I really can't get the latest installer to work. Same warning as above. I deleted my Beta 3.2 install 'cause it got messed up...again.
I tried the Beta 3.1 installer and it works just fine. :type1 But the latest Beta 3.2 WIP just don't. :modding I tried to download it again for the 5th time and no luck.

last time I downloaded it, there was not problem. I really don't know why this is causing you problems. The filesize isn't right either so not everything is downloaded.
Maybe try downloading it trough a different browser, see if that helps

I'm having a problem with the latest installer: View attachment 16345
I already downloaded it 3x. :modding
I plan to re-install and now I really can't get the latest installer to work. Same warning as above. I deleted my Beta 3.2 install 'cause it got messed up...again.
I tried the Beta 3.1 installer and it works just fine. :type1 But the latest Beta 3.2 WIP just don't. :modding I tried to download it again for the 5th time and no luck.
Nevermind. I figured it out. I used cmd.
FOR OTHER PLAYERS EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM (NSIS ERROR) PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS(Win7):
  1. Go to start and type: cmd
  2. Press Enter.
  3. Drag the installer to the black box.
  4. Then type: /NCRC
  5. And press Enter.
NOTE: This works to other applications too with the NSIS Error.
Clipboard01.png

I just downloaded and installed the latest WIP dated 17 April 2013, and it installed and plays. At the end I got a message saying the engine.ini or option files are missing but they are not missing.

I just downloaded and installed the latest WIP dated 17 April 2013, and it installed and plays. At the end I got a message saying the engine.ini or option files are missing but they are not missing.
Aye, same here. I think the problem here is with the stock game? 'cause in my stock game(european version), I get the same message when I try to open the config.exe. But in my stock game(american version), the config.exe works just fine. I'll try to install another one using the american version to see if the problem still exists. [Standby Mode :cheeky] - I think this'll be a while 'cause I'm still downloading some stuffs. (Deleted Scenes of the PotC films for my collection:p).

Wait. Why is there a config.exe? Didn't it get deleted last year? My game is the European version and the config.exe works. In fact are not all versions updated to the European version by the installer?

Wait. Why is there a config.exe? Didn't it get deleted last year? My game is the European version and the config.exe works. In fact are not all versions updated to the European version by the installer?
I'm quite surprised myself. But the config.exe re-appeared after installation with the latest installer. Clipboard01.png

Aye, same here. I think the problem here is with the stock game? 'cause in my stock game(european version), I get the same message when I try to open the config.exe. But in my stock game(american version), the config.exe works just fine. I'll try to install another one using the american version to see if the problem still exists. [Standby Mode :cheeky] - I think this'll be a while 'cause I'm still downloading some stuffs. (Deleted Scenes of the PotC films for my collection:p).
Well, no luck. I tried the American Version and I still get the confusing message. Clipboard01.png Clipboard02.png :shrug
Although I find differences with my installs that I wanted to mention and intrigued about:

• Some stuff & size (This is with the PotC movie music pack [90MB]).
European:
Size: 9.90 GB (10,637,890,470 bytes)
Size on disk: 9.96 GB (10,698,858,496 bytes)
Contains: 29,109 Files, 1,558 Folders
Clipboard00.png

American:
Size: 9.99 GB (10,732,842,925 bytes)
Size on Disk: 10.0 GB (10,794,344,448 bytes)
Contains: 29,239 Files, 1,558 Folders
Clipboard01.png

*And I'm confused now on to which is the better one. :facepalm

EDIT1: The error/message only shows up the first time around. The second time, as the "options" file is now created, it won't show up anymore. :)
EDIT2: Hmnn..weird. The message did not show up in my European version of the game the first time around. And thank you for putting back the config.exe btw. :flower

Last edited:
At the end I got a message saying the engine.ini or option files are missing but they are not missing.
That is not the installer doing it, but the new Config.exe that allows you to select widescreen resolutions as well.
I noticed the same thing too when the "options" file was missing, but on my 'regular' game version that DOES have that file, it does not give an error.

If anyone has any comments on the new Config.exe, please post them here! We're looking for some test results on that one.

If anyone has any comments on the new Config.exe, please post them here! We're looking for some test results on that one.
I like it very much. It is helpful. Though it can cause confusion to other players as well, as it has the weird message after the end of installation and after exiting the game the first time. But other than that, it is very useful/helpful. Thank you, again, for putting the config.exe back, well, a new one. :)

Testing the config.exe? :8q The old one caused all kinds of problems with my system from bad graphics to CTDs so I never touched it.

I'm quite surprised myself. But the config.exe re-appeared after installation with the latest installer. View attachment 16349
^ Nobody figured to read the latest Change Log, eh?
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.2:
- Config.exe restored and improved

I'm not sure where to post this so...............It seems there is a lot more action on the world map than there used to be. :pirateraft

beta3 2014-04-24 15-06-49-64.jpg

Nice :p.
It's because of the worldmap encounter thingy. It doesn't have a max atm. Maybe I should put it in.
Seems Cuba has a lot op troops in your game or is very rich ;).

Back