• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

When I stocked my weaponslocker I already had large ammo bag and powder drum which hold 24 each. I went from the dock to sea where the gunner restocked me with ammo and then went to the weapons locker and dumped the load in there. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Okay, I have them all firing their pistols now, both boarding and landcrew. I choose to let all characters
(pchar, officers, crew and enemies) use ammo. This will not be a problem because npchar:s are already given some ammo
(for looting reasons). Maybe those values could be raised a little...

The weaponslocker works now for both boarding and landcrew. You have to put ammo there as well though (for boarding) .
Landcrew can still be given all weapons and ammo by you personally.

The problem I ran into was that a Lightning hit a tree near my house and knocked out my internet connection +
set fire to the tree. The fire brigade fixed the tree and I'll upload something when I have restored internet.
:boom:

Did I miss this fix?

Maybe I should fix so land and boarding crew just get what they need of ammo at the moment they need it.
Without us seeing it or requiring a gunner for it. Not even involving the weaponslocker at all.

I have internet again but have to think this over, will also be away from home for two days.

About the worldmap encounters.... strange, but i'm happy to notice that enemy fleets are chasing me. I'm playing the Tales of a Chevalier storyline and warships from other nations come to me. No pirate fleets are seen on the worldmap.

I think now why warships don't come appear to me in any storyline. I think that i have to be hostile to one nation in order to make appear the hostile warships. But i'm not sure...

Hmm. At the start of that storyline almost everyone is hostile to you and there are lots of opportunities for combat. In that storyline I become friendly with everyone but the pirates and English. Soon I mostly see English ships on the world map.

But in other storylines i find it hard to see warships. So i decided that i'll make a test: in the other storylines, i will be hostile to some nations, and then i will see if more ships appear on the worldmap. Then i will tell you what i find :)

But unfortunately i have almost zero free time to this, as i am near my exams... expect to be disconnected the full June. I will not be back again until July.

Just in case you guys are wondering, I havent left. It just a very busy time for me so I have to Focus on other stuff now. July 1 my tests are done so then I should have time again. I will try ofc to look at Problems sooner but dont expect much.

Ahoy @Levis ! Didn't see you these days! :cheers

Don't worry, i thought that was why you couldn't connect these days. I am having my final exams too, so don't worry mate. We will wait for you until you finish all you have to do ;)

I did the Battle of Bridgetown last night. It is very different than it used to be but it still works. My first fleet of a light fluyt of war, a 5th rate sotl, and the Wicked Wench got sunk 3 times. :pirateraft

I came back later after replacing the fluyt with a Fleuron class 3rd rate and it went much better. :pirate41: Now off to Cozumel! :bird:

How is it different? Should be nearly the same as it used to be before Capture Colonies required us to skip past it.

How is it different? There are all of those different town sections and the fort to fight through. Then there is Clement outside of prison instead of in the prison. Then Danielle just disappears and I'm left wandering around wondering what to do next until I went to bed in the tavern. The next morning it all started back normally and we fought the last battle.

I never got this far in Build 13 so there is no "before" for me. This is only the 2nd time I had to fight the fort.

Oh, and Cozumel is done. The standard storyline works fine. :aar

For one thing, thanks to the broken perk system, attacking a fort is a lot harder than it was. I found that out when I tried to hit Port au Prince with a battleship, which I'd previously been able to do successfully. This time, probably because "Advanced Defence" is locked and unlockable due to the broken fetch quests and "Professional Defence" is disabled entirely, I was losing guns a lot faster and was sunk before I'd taken out half the fort's guns. I tried again after I'd acquired a second battleship and despite putting an experienced gunner and surgeon on board (the first time I've ever put more than one officer onto a companion ship), it didn't hit much and I got sunk again.

Also, you can't board all three British ships attacking Bridgetown because the game gets stuck if you do. You have to sink the third one the hard way; you can do what you like to the first two.

In Build 13, the battle to capture Bridgetown / Greenford and the battle to defend it worked perfectly. In Beta 3 you couldn't board all three British ships in the second battle but the first battle worked fine. For various reasons including the above, I'll find out in the not too distant future how the battles go in Beta 3.1. ;)

I got a problem with the standard game, never finished it because of the "special" thing, that you use to destroy the Pearl also destroys my pc, it crashes when using that orb.

I have a vague memory of something similar happening to me once. The game had got itself into a mess somehow and all I could do was reinstall, then start over. There may have been an issue with the then current version of the nVidia graphics card driver. If you've recently updated your driver, try an earlier version; if you haven't recently updated your driver, now may be a good time to do so.

If you're playing the stock game straight from the CD, it is actually possible to sink the Black Pearl without using the magic ball. The ball knocks a lot off the Black Pearl's damage, making it easier to finish off, but if you've captured Silehard's flagship and have plenty of bombs left, it has the firepower to do the job without supernatural assistance. If you've installed any version of the Build Mod then you can capture the Black Pearl after you've used the ball, and unlike the basic game you can then continue to play after you've sunk or captured it.

I have a vague memory of something similar happening to me once. The game had got itself into a mess somehow and all I could do was reinstall, then start over. There may have been an issue with the then current version of the nVidia graphics card driver. If you've recently updated your driver, try an earlier version; if you haven't recently updated your driver, now may be a good time to do so.

If you're playing the stock game straight from the CD, it is actually possible to sink the Black Pearl without using the magic ball. The ball knocks a lot off the Black Pearl's damage, making it easier to finish off, but if you've captured Silehard's flagship and have plenty of bombs left, it has the firepower to do the job without supernatural assistance. If you've installed any version of the Build Mod then you can capture the Black Pearl after you've used the ball, and unlike the basic game you can then continue to play after you've sunk or captured it.

In my stock POTC I could continue the game after finishing the storyline...

Back