• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Wha? Very interesting stock game version you must have had! :shock

It was the European version of the stock game; Spanish version. I remember seeing the final movie with the credits after sinking the Black Pearl, and then, i could continue the story without any quests.

It was the European version of the stock game; Spanish version. I remember seeing the final movie with the credits after sinking the Black Pearl, and then, i could continue the story without any quests.
Yeah I can too I can play still on my stock game and I finished everything.

I think that Australia gets it too hellsailor

Australian here and yeah , even on the Xbox version of the game i was allways able too continue the game after sinking the black pearl it seemed like the story was meant too continue there were two characters in the isla mulle tavern that appeared after sinking the black pearl and they are pretty different but nothing happens with them and the story dosent go anmywhere you are just permantly saddled with the shelia and the old man (though he does not follow you around thankfully)

I couldn't play after the story ended in stock game either. Not sure what version I have, it's printed entirely in English but I got it in Korea when I was stationed there.

I have an original made in France (English version) KOL2004 and it does not let you continue after sinking the Black Pearl. Bought it online in Australia.

I have noticed and probably forgotten to mention a couple of things in 3,2. Instant boarding is always on and is reusable during and engagement. Also the second best spyglass gives you morale. Perhaps someone was doing testing and left these on when put the build together?

I have noticed and probably forgotten to mention a couple of things in 3,2. Instant boarding is always on and is reusable during and engagement. Also the second best spyglass gives you morale. Perhaps someone was doing testing and left these on when put the build together?
No testing was done there, I think. So that sounds definitely unintentional.
Just make a Bug Report and we'll have a look if we find the time.

I noticed a new bug in the trading menu, when using the alt or shift-modifier to use increments of 10/100 respectively, it doesnt adjust the price correctly, you can buy a whole cargohold of gold for a couple of hundred gold if you use shift, and if you use shift to reduce the amount of units to buy/sell, the money-to-spend (or "-to-get", if you sell) will invert; you can "buy" things and actually get money (millions even depending on what it is), or sell things and lose money that way.

Hard to explain, but the price and price increase multiplier is not working correctly it seems when using the shift or alt modifier.

Wow. I didn't even know about that at all. I do know this game is really bad at math. I wonder if that can be disabled.

easy done; interface/store.c

change all
Code:
    if (GetQuickControl("alt")) mult = 10;
    if (GetQuickControl("shift")) mult = 100;

to
Code:
    if (GetQuickControl("alt")) mult = 1;
    if (GetQuickControl("shift")) mult = 1;

That way if you accidentially press alt or shift for a second while holding "right or left", it doesnt mess up the price. Not a real workaround, I tried flipping some things around to update the price even when using the mult, but it didn't work quite, yet.

Got pretty used to working with out increments when selling or buying so I don't really know about this one.

I bet Coding Master Admiral Pieter could make something up that fixes it, but it is not really bothering me all that much - but it can be gamebreaking of course if you don't watch whatcher doo'in.

Wow, weird one!

Can someone check if that also applies in the Beta 3.3 WIP files? I wonder if it depends on that new economy or not.

Also, can you make a separate thread on the Bugs forum?

Yea just tried it, a cargo of 267 pieces of ebony (cause that's how much money i have now) from Willemstad that would cost 131892 normally, costs 14630 using shift and alt to get to 267 pieces and if you manually go back to 1 piece it goes to -116751 and you get money instead.

Back