• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

monster.jpg

the monster location strikes again woooeee for giant swords i want dat one give the English sompthing to think about... if i could lift it.

Seriously though , orjanstead port fast travel is non existent and when i did find the store (deliver cargo) there was no storekeep on leaving the game i checked for an error log and there was none so i guess no errors o_O

Nb:Though i do love the locations (i think design wise they are alot better than other things i have seen) and i am happy to have the oppertunity to play around with them my personal observation is that they just need more work by the looks of it and i am looking forward to seeing where they go.

Last edited:
I just made it to Orangestad and do not like it. The scale is all wrong and indeed there is no merchant in the store. To me Santo Domingo is the only keeper.
Beta3 2014-09-25 20-19-05-91.jpg Beta3 2014-09-25 20-20-07-29.jpg Beta3 2014-09-25 20-20-57-57.jpg

Attachments

• compile.7z
    10.8 KB · Views: 71
  • error.7z
    374 bytes · Views: 72
  • system.7z
    3.5 KB · Views: 93
Damn, those are big barrels. Really a shame that changing the location scale is tremendously hard.
Only perhaps @Armada might have an idea on how to do that...

The merchant will be added later. And, it seems a texture is missing in the second screenshot:confused: I think I've forgotten to include it in the update.

Damn, those are big barrels. Really a shame that changing the location scale is tremendously hard.
Only perhaps @Armada might have an idea on how to do that...
Is it not possible to do that in TOOL? Of course you'd need to scale the island model, path model and locators by the same amount.
A re-export through Maya would work too, but I can't really set aside time for that myself.
As always, I could offer assistance if anyone else tries to do it.

Maybe I should hunt down what I managed to write for a tutorial once and see how helpful that would be.

Pretty sure that resizing with the TOOL is going to mess up the collision detection for both the camera and the player character.
Remember what happened to that flooded dungeon? And that was just with the location moved, not completely resized....

Ah, that's true. It could never be that simple. :facepalm

Not all .gm nodels can be opened with the TOOL (for some reason).
True as well. That seems to be due to issues caused when exporting the model to GM format, or from past changes made in TOOL that corrupted the file.

I finally got the new Medium Pinnace in game and found it didn't have a crew. After some digging I found the problem and now do have a crew.

This walk file is my first ever attempt and I ran into hardware problems before it was finished so there are crew floating above the deck here, and crew half sunk into the deck over there.

If you want it the attached shipwalk goes into your POTC-->program-->sea_ai folder.

Attachments

• shipWalk.7z
    4.5 KB · Views: 60
So i noticed that when i come across one of those blasted mysterious coins in a chest it no longer gets added to my inventory automatically , was that intentional ? i like it because it saves me a trip to isla de mureta but i cant recall if that was a change.

I don't know. I take it because that coin is worth some good coin. It no longer does anything so is a novelty.

So i noticed that when i come across one of those blasted mysterious coins in a chest it no longer gets added to my inventory automatically , was that intentional ? i like it because it saves me a trip to isla de mureta but i cant recall if that was a change.

It no longer does anything so is a novelty.

Yep, if yer on realistic mode that is. So it is logical that it doesn't stick to the player. In the arcade mode though it is still fully functional.

Yep, if yer on realistic mode that is. So it is logical that it doesn't stick to the player. In the arcade mode though it is still fully functional.
You are exactly correct. In Realistic Game Mode, the curse is not in effect, but in Arcade Game Mode it is still as fun as ever. :cheeky

Back