• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I'm afraid I dont have a clean install anymore, but I can download it from oldgames.com tomorrow at university.. I guess my ENGINE is somehow messed up, though I get CTD's quite often, and e.g. Port Royale dungeon causes a CTD for me.. and this strange no-active profile error..

Hmm.. if I do a clean install and then just copy the New Horizon folder over it, without replacing existing files.. that won't work, right? So I need the full Installation for Beta 3.3, too?

Last edited:
uhm... Can someone pls explain me what my system.log tries to say me? :D A lot of missing textures and all ( I was walking through an unfinished jungle at cuba). Also my screen turns completely black (only f1 main menu works) at Sao Jorge Outskirts and Octupus Bay.. what is wrong with my game? :D

Attachments

• system.log
    52.4 KB · Views: 139
and this strange no-active profile error..

I had an no active profile error as well after starting the game and trying to load a save game. At first it only showed one profile and then no profile whatsoever. After some initial shock and panicking, a simple quit and restart of the game managed to fix this glitch.

Besides that, the latest simplified build is awesome. So far the best and most stable version of New Horizons I played. Thank you guys for putting so much effort in this!

uhm... Can someone pls explain me what my system.log tries to say me? :D A lot of missing textures and all ( I was walking through an unfinished jungle at cuba). Also my screen turns completely black (only f1 main menu works) at Sao Jorge Outskirts and Octupus Bay.. what is wrong with my game? :D
This is NOT normal:
Code:
Invalid model: resource\models\locations\Outside\Shore_6\Shore06.gm
Is that not a stock game file!?! Can you check if it is actually there?

I had an no active profile error as well after starting the game and trying to load a save game. At first it only showed one profile and then no profile whatsoever. After some initial shock and panicking, a simple quit and restart of the game managed to fix this glitch.
If it ever happens again, recommend:
- Remove the file called "options" from your main game folder. This will reset all settings to default, but this file sometimes becomes corrupted.
- Remove all files from your SAVE folder, just in case these confuse the game.

Besides that, the latest simplified build is awesome. So far the best and most stable version of New Horizons I played. Thank you guys for putting so much effort in this!
You are very welcome. Hopefully next will be better still! :woot

The file is actually there, but only 160KB big, which seems a bit too small.. seems my POTC is somewhow messed up deep in the core -.-

Yeah if I get the possibility. If I reinstall the game and then slap Beta 3.3 on it, I can just copy and paste my old modified files and savegames, right? Cause if there would have been a problem, the game would have told me (runtime error e.g.?)

That feels soo good :D I never thought that this game would be THAT stable... after completely reinstalling I can't report of a single bug/crash since the last 3h of playing/testing.. even Alt+Tab in and out works again :) I still got this no-profile error when trying to quicksave but I guess thats the savegame, which is copied from the 'old' install

Hi Guys, i got Some time again. What should i download now to get the most up to date version?

@Levis! Good to see you, mate!
Latest version is in the link in my signature.

It excludes some of your mods, because it turned out those needed a bit more finishing.
Unfortunately I didn't get round to doing that yet, but I do still have the files for them.
When I get close to my laptop again tomorrow I can check them for Beta 3.3 compatibility and then post them.

Would be wonderful if we could include those features again. They were all really cool and soooo close to working completely!!!

I will check it out this week then. Could someone tell me what was not working about the locked perks, i tought that was working fine ....
The economy system was indeed flawed, I had more time to think over it and I think I know a better way to do it.

The locked perks themselves worked fine, I think.
But the economy related fetch quests made it so that you couldn't get all abilities.

I suppose I could have just enabled those perks by default and keep all others locked.
But it was simpler at the time to just use the InternalSettings.h toggle. All code should still be in the game.

Ok, good to know. I will take a look at it soon and make sure it can work again (by maybe unlocking those perks first or giving it another condition)

Back