• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

About the Blaze_land_dead video, it would be interesting if my storylines could use a specific video when the Pchar is dead.
that should be possible ...

dont think we can make it work for 3.3 but in 3.4 we could give the pchar a attribute called "deathvideo" or something like that, and when not given it uses the default video but else it uses the one specified...
Altough we would probally need a deathvideo.land and deathvideo.sea etc then but we can see then.

Indeed it should be possible to set something up. Doesn't sound too hard.
Need to have the actual video file before we do it though.... :wp

ok, as soon as you have it let me know and I will see what I can do for you :).

Ofc I will, but optimization will also be for 3.4 cause I might cause unexpected other problems ;).

What happened to the prices in the shipyards? I do not want to know how much it would cost to replace my ship, I want to know how much it would cost to buy a ship.

@Levis made a fix to get the cannon price properly included due to this issue: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/selling-cannons-first-gives-more-money.24285/
If you have discovered something doesn't make sense there now, please post there so that it can be checked properly. :cheers

If I recall from playing the game in the past, you will get to see the full price only if you assign the new ship to a brand new officer.
If you select an officer who already has a ship, you'll pay only the replacement price as if you sold the original ship first.

Not? I thought it used to work that way. Or at least was intended to.
Perhaps only if you actually click the Buy button and see what you really have to pay....

When we start working on 3.4 I will make a test for this taking all suggestions from here.
Cool! Also, I'm thinking of just calling the release Beta 3.4 already to prevent any potential confusion with older WIP versions.

Then Beta 3.5 can again be an internal version where we experiment with all sorts of things and perhaps the release can then even be Beta 4.
There will be so much new stuff by then compared to Beta 3 that it most likely will deserve an altogether new number.

In that case, perhaps release the early December version of Beta 3.3 now. It may not have all the latest bugfixes but it certainly beats Beta 3.2, and is pretty well what you set out to do with Beta 3.3 - keep the good bits of Beta 3.2, knock out all the stuff which didn't work, add a few bugfixes. Then all the new stuff and further bugfixing which has happened since then counts as Beta 3.4 WIP.

Bugfixing will always be an ongoing process, especially if new stuff keeps being added along with the bugfixes and then needs bugfixing as well. If you're going to wait until everything is fixed, there will never be another release. ;)

Back