• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Opening post attachment updated again, this time with an attempted FIX for the Quests Not Executing problem.

Opening post updated again, with an even newer version of the quests fix.

Opening post updated again. A fair bit heavier on the resources, this time. Now includes ALL new stuff I have in my game:
Code:
- Bug Fixes:
  . Cargo Quests nation requirements removed to ensure you can deliver the cargo to the Pirate Settlement too by Pieter Boelen
  . Strong town guards limited to actual town guards and patrols only by Pieter Boelen
  . Coast Raiders locators fixed for all islands by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Sidestep enabled ONLY when Cheatmode is ON by Pieter Boelen
  . US Cavalry Sabre made unique as it is now a promotion reward blade by Pieter Boelen
- Ship Model Updates:
  . Raa Frigate exterior camera fixed and model improved by Armada
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Colombia island location replaced with main land in 3D sailing mode by Pieter Boelen
    DirectSail encounters disabled here to prevent them being generated in the land
  . Tavern sign improved by Armada
  . Wrong Dutch signs in Cayman Town removed by Pieter Boelen
  . Signs in the jungle removed from all except Barbados by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Woodes Rogers storyline:
    > Character HP no longer overridden by Jack Rackham
    > Original gun values restored by Pieter Boelen
    > Mr. Gibbs removed by Pieter Boelen
    > Loading Screens replaced with uncompressed versions by Jack Rackham

I can't advance through any initial quests... After doing the objective a message appears saying something along the lines of "reaction to quest impossible".

Should be Charlestown Tavern sign, to be specific. ;)
Ah! Thanks for that. I thought perhaps it was used in other towns too, but wasn't sure anymore. :facepalm

The Open Sea mod is now broken.
Broken in what way? I didn't even TOUCH that code! :shock

I can't advance through any initial quests... After doing the objective a message appears saying something along the lines of "reaction to quest impossible".
Which message did you see?
"ERROR - quests_reaction.c not loaded, loading now!"
or
"ERROR - Unable to load quests_reaction.c!!!"
If you're not sure, check your compile.log; there should be an entry in there.

This is very important for me to know! If you saw the first message and you did manage to continue playing, that means my attempted fix WORKS.
It is just notifying you that the game would have broken there if that fix hadn't been in place.
But if you saw the second message, something proper weird is going on.

Uh, nevermind Pieter, I reloaded an older save and redid the objectives, they worked now, without any weird messages.

Here's the compile file, I cannot seem to find these particular phrases...

I think your fix worked because so far, it's running fine. :)

I also noticed the lack of sidestep movement and was about to report that, but then I checked the changelog and it is only available in cheatmode.

Why this?

Attachments

• compile.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 186
Well, the first basically says "something weird happened, but I'm fixing it".
The second says "Agh, I lost it and we're all going to die". ;)

You can easily tell the difference when you're playing: The first should allow you to continue playing just fine as if nothing happened.
The second breaks the quest, as well as any other quest after it. :facepalm

If you find the problem is consistent, please post your savegame here and I'll test it myself.

Uh, nevermind Pieter, I reloaded an older save and redid the objectives, they worked now, without any weird messages.
What I want to know, after such a "weird message" does show up, can you continue playing just fine?
That's what we're trying to find out here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/quests-not-executing.20670/page-2#post-453560

I also noticed the lack of sidestep movement and was about to report that, but then I checked the changelog and it is only available in cheatmode.
Why this?
Because we got sick and tired of people complaining about it being so weird and the game/mod sucking big bad balls because of it.
So we figured we'd disable it by default. Comments welcome though! :doff

As long as you don't remove sidestep completely it's fine with me. I need it badly.
:type1

I did find the sidestep REALLY weird but shrugged it off :p Now I miss it :facepalm

The quests are running fine and silky smooth, it was the first message for sure :)

I fixed the Open Sea mod by going to Iron Man mode and then back to Realistic mode.

So, I faced the guards again... They shot a hand cannon or something (Musketeer) and I couldn't beat them... I just ran around and got into the town, without fighting xD

EDIT: Looks like I really must kill the guards, otherwise the townsfolk will act like the French aren't even there...
I tried to reload an older save, the guards won't stop me anymore...

Do those guards have less HP yet? And indeed in Colonial Powers they would get muskets. Those are quite nasty when used against you. :facepalm

If they have more or less HP I have no idea, they still murder me in 2 swings,, while blocking... I had melee skill 10 and Master fencer ability and a decent sword...

Well, seeing their HP would allow us to know if they have the reduced value as before or not.
If they have "low" HP, then they also have low fencing skills.

Why don't you talk to those guards? If you choose the correct dialog option they will let you pass and the game continues normally. :nerbz

I have been fighting sojers on Marigot in no mans land and the first time they were easy to kill, but on a later visit they were much harder. The first time I could kill them with one shot from a musket but the 2nd time I would shoot them and they would still have over 100 HP left. That made things interesting......
I like the tuffer sojers.

Back