• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Are you saying the war on Saint Martin is still working? I had been wondering about that!

As I remember it, when a character is killed, he will be reincarnated, but with a character level reasonably tailored to your own.

It works the first time, but after that everyone is friendly and I have to get them angry before anything happens.

Heads up; looks like I made a mistake with the new ship interface screenshot file. The RN_Corvette image shown is the old one, for some reason.
It's on the same image as the Raa, which I updated, and it turns out the layered image doesn't have the new RN_Corvette shot. I could have sworn I saved it with that image. :unsure

Anyway, this pack fixes it: InterfaceScreenshots_06-07-13.7z
I also removed the images for US_Lydia, RN_HeavyFrigate and US_HeavyFrigate... which, again, I swear I already did. Weird.

Brilliant, thanks a lot! I've undone my work by accident in the past as well; it's not unheard of. Annoying though. :facepalm

Why don't you talk to those guards? If you choose the correct dialog option they will let you pass and the game continues normally. :nerbz

I have tried to talk to them, but alas, no matter what I say, they WILL kill me. They are too suspicious!

That is odd. I have talked them into letting me by twice. The last time at level 4.

I seem to have a problem with nation relations. They did change at the beginning of this latest game. I am at -60 with England, but after capturing and sinking a pirate ship and capturing and commandeering a Dutch fast merchantman there was no change in relations with anyone.
Having bad relations with England makes doing the main quest awkward. :wp

You have Changing Nation Relations ON? How do you get to -60 with England?
What did you expect to happen?

Yes. It's more funner that way.

Well, I wanted to get a lot of money so I could buy a better ship quickly, so I was wandering around in the Speightstown fort doing some honest robbery of the civilians there and got caught. :facepalm I only got $43,000 there and the English Governor wants $39,900 for forgiveness. Bloody pirate!

With the pirates when you capture or sink one of their ships it raises your relations with all other nations, so I was expecting to see the hostility with England drop. It did not.
Same with the Dutch ship. They happened to be at war with England at the time, so I expected to see a relationship change there too as always.

I don't remember nation relations changing like that unless you have a LoM with them.
Or maybe it only works if your relation is already >0 with them?

I never have a lom and my relationship never gets better than 0.

Relations DO change.

I just captured a French ship. The French are at war with the English and Portagee. The French relation fell to -61 and the Portagee relation went up to -29, but the English and Pirates relations did not change. They are both still -60.
I do not want to pay that forgiveness fee. :rumgone

Opening post updated again. More fixes and updates made:
Code:
- Bug Fixes:
  . Cargo Quests Fixed by Pieter Boelen
    > Nation requirements removed to ensure you can deliver the cargo to the Pirate Settlement too
    > Exceeding the time limit still allows you to complete these missions and get new ones
  . Generic Quest Ship generation code rewritten by Pieter Boelen
    Used for: Governor Ship Hunting, Treasure Quest Enemies, Smuggling Coast Guard, Enemies From Shore and Loanshark Avengers
    Rank generation code completely redone to prevent weird effects
  . Treasure Quests in boxes can be completed properly by Pieter Boelen
  . Quest Smugglers removed from "soldiers" code by Pieter Boelen
  . Amerigo Vieira removed from Portuguese land officers by Pieter Boelen
- Interface Updates:
  . Nation Relations Interface slight display error fixed for high relations by Pieter Boelen
- Ship Model Updates:
  . Manowar_gub flags fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Philipsburg Sewer location camera issue fixed by Armada
  . Barbados signs in the jungle text adapted for Real Caribbean and Periods by Armada
When you're playing, please pay special attention to:
- Completing AND failing to complete Cargo Haul Quests
- Nation, Ship Selection and Character Skills for:
Governor Ship Hunting
Treasure Quest Enemies
Smuggling Coast Guard
Enemies From Shore
Loanshark Avengers

It works the first time, but after that everyone is friendly and I have to get them angry before anything happens.
Really? That's a bit odd. I'll leave it on my To-Do List then.

I just captured a French ship. The French are at war with the English and Portagee. The French relation fell to -61 and the Portagee relation went up to -29, but the English and Pirates relations did not change. They are both still -60.
I do not want to pay that forgiveness fee. :rumgone
Is there anything different between those nations? Perhaps the relation only goes up for one nation and not all?
Not sure how that is calculated. And I'd prefer to not have to find out for a while either. I've just about had enough of these bugs. :facepalm

Too late! :facepalm

That should be a random bug because I have never seen it before, but will look for it in the future as this game appears to be over with your latest WIP.

Two things I thought you might be interested in. What looks odd about those sojers? The musket misfired and then I saw this message.
Dutch soldiers.jpgmisfire.jpg

I mentioned that "officer_rifle_check" to Jack Rackham already. Perhaps we can rewrite that code to work for each character individually.
Though the whole musket code mainly just swaps models; don't quite see how it could cause them to misfire.
But then, the game's code does mysterious things! :shock

What's wrong with those Dutchies? They don't fight? Is that it?
When I went to visit Saint Martin, there was no fighting either on the first time I got outside of town. :confused:

The one with white on his hat is an officer. It is intentional that he looks a bit different.

don't quite see how it could cause them to misfire
Maybe misfire means firing with the musket backwards which is not a pretty sight.
Does that mean enemies NOT are hit? I don't think so but not sure at all.

Hylie Pistof definitely means NOT hitting enemies. Instead you get the "click" sound.

When it misfires it DOES NOT FIRE!!! No powder or shot is used! It was doing that to me last night when trying to shoot French guards at Speightstown. The musket never worked for me but did work rarely for the town guards.

Back