• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

another question: it says 1-2-3 but its for choosing one of our active passenger ? how to select our main character ? when selected, what really does apply to him ?

. ENABLE_CHEATMODE functionality added by Pieter Boelen
> Numpad 1-2-3 allow you to select the character to apply the cheat to

nevermind, i tested and understood that the 3 keys permit to switch :p

Last edited:
Could you maybe update the first post so the links are working again in there?
There are no broken links in the opening post. o_O

another question: it says 1-2-3 but its for choosing one of our active passenger ? how to select our main character ? when selected, what really does apply to him ?
Any cheat always applies to the player character, unless you select another character.
Numpad 2 immediately selects the player as well, while 1 and 3 are used for "scrolling".

Oh I mean update the post so the new installer link is in there also ;). It now still has the link for okt 8 only ;).

i just noticed no more "greetings_english.c" in "PROGRAM\sound" ? now only "Greetings_alias.ini" in "RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES" can handle it ?

its good, but i just make sure its right :p (i usually edit some character voices ^^)

EDIT: after modifying the file to change as i wanted some voices, it seems to work, awesome :D you really made an awesome cleaning work !!!!!

Last edited:
When I downloaded the mod it took several days. It started with 200kb/s but it lasted only a couple of minutes then it sank to 6-7kb/s.. after awhile it died.
I had to stop it and restart it again.. this I had to do maybe 50 times before it was finished. I tried differnet mirrors but the result was the same..
I use opera..
But when I finaly got it. everything installed fine.

Oh I mean update the post so the new installer link is in there also ;). It now still has the link for okt 8 only ;).
There all all sorts of things I should technically still update. Wished I would get round to doing it. :modding

It might be a good idea to give you some Moderating rights anyway.
I won't be actively around for much longer and it would probably be useful if you could handle things by yourself.

I've been administrator on many IPB and PHPbb boards so I know my way around forums and know how to be a mod ;).

I have now set you up with Moderator rights on the "Akella's Pirate Games" forum section. Let me know if anything does not work.

Welcome to the team, mate! :cheers

:cheers

I'm still not liking that part about being recognized in towns. It is instant death and a start over from the last save every time. :ko :thumbsdown2

I'm still not liking that part about being recognized in towns. It is instant death and a start over from the last save every time. :ko :thumbsdown2
It is still happening then? Often? It really should be quite avoidable; you're just playing EVIL!!! :whipa

What it does is:
- Turn the guards hostile
- Turn the citizens hostile
- Adds four additional guards

It only happens if you have hoisted an hostile flag close to ships that were friendly to you before.
And even then only in towns of their nation.

Installer updated with new stuff:
http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3_installer.exe
or
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/b14_beta3_installer.exe

-- NEW GAME REQUIRED! --

Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.1 WIP:
- PiratesAhoy! Logo opening video updated by Diperscitus and Thomas the Terror
- Engine updated so it can handle >2gb address space by Lord_Kosmos
- Bug Fixes:
  . Corpsemode 3 fixed by Levis
  . Missing dialog files added by Levis
  . Random prison commander dialog file added by Pieter Boelen
  . Nevis Pirate Settlement Leader dialog check fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Period governor model code fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Massive morale drop upon hiring crew fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Gameplay Updates:
  . Fetch Quests added by Levis
  Works in Alice Town, Grand Cayman, Speightstown, Philipsburg and Tortuga by talking to Tavern Owner
  . Blackjack Updated: Ace now counts as 1 and 11. Also allows double up by Levis
  . Only player ship gets collision damage by Pieter Boelen
  . Realistic Game Mode: All Sail-To locations open up when you have a map of the island by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Checks if character can sail ship after officer transfer and if you can command a fleet by Levis
  . Updates to Officer System by Aconcagua
  . All statements of "Defense" replaced with "Defence" to prevent confusion by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Standard storyline Hitman sidequest timers fixed by Talisman
  . Standard storyline Nigel Blythe sidequest not dependable on mainquest anymore by Levis
  . Bartolomeu storyline dialog errors fixed by Levis
  . Hornblower storyline model code fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Jack Sparrow storyline appearance of Annamaria fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Model Updates:
  . Blaze armor models added and updated by SuperDurnius
  . Rigging improved on Waller Pinnace by Hylie Pistof
  . Rigging improved on XebecAS by Hylie Pistof
  . Darker sailor textures at sea by Nethaeru
- Modder Tools:
  . Build version written to compile.log as per an idea by Levis

Last edited:
Installer updated with new stuff:
http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3_installer.exe
or
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/b14_beta3_installer.exe
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3.1 WIP:
- PiratesAhoy! Logo opening video updated by Diperscitus and Thomas the Terror
- Engine updated so it can handle >2gb address space by Lord_Kosmos
- Bug Fixes:
  . Corpsemode 3 fixed by Levis
  . Missing dialog files added by Levis
  . Random prison commander dialog file added by Pieter Boelen
  . Nevis Pirate Settlement Leader dialog check fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Period governor model code fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Massive morale drop upon hiring crew fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Gameplay Updates:
  . Fetch Quests added by Levis
  Works in Alice Town, Grand Cayman, Speightstown, Philipsburg and Tortuga by talking to Tavern Owner
  . Blackjack Updated: Ace now counts as 1 and 11. Also allows double up by Levis
  . Only player ship gets collision damage by Pieter Boelen
  . Realistic Game Mode: All Sail-To locations open up when you have a map of the island by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Checks if character can sail ship after officer transfer and if you can command a fleet by Levis
  . Updates to Officer System by Aconcagua
  . All statements of "Defense" replaced with "Defence" to prevent confusion by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Standard storyline Hitman sidequest timers fixed by Talisman
  . Standard storyline Nigel Blythe sidequest not dependable on mainquest anymore by Levis
  . Bartolomeu storyline dialog errors fixed by Levis
  . Hornblower storyline model code fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Jack Sparrow storyline appearance of Annamaria fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Model Updates:
  . Blaze armor models added and updated by SuperDurnius
  . Rigging improved on Waller Pinnace by Hylie Pistof
  . Rigging improved on XebecAS by Hylie Pistof
  . Darker sailor textures at sea by Nethaeru
- Modder Tools:
  . Build version written to compile.log as per an idea by Levis

New game required! Incompatible saves.

its not a new installe rbut the one which was on "part 2 moddb page", isn't it ?

awww damn it is bigger so different

EDIT: i can install over my 3.0 game or i should reinstall from potc stock game ?

does it replace much files ? (compared to 14MB one ?)

Last edited:
The file above has not been submitted to the ModDB yet, because it still requires testing.

It replaces quite a lot of files compared to the previous version (14 MB).
Can be installed on top of whatever Beta 3 version you had before; just deselect the "Main Files" to install the update only.

For the Curse of Cortez, would it be possible to change the torn sails to a white version of the black pearl torn (cannonball holes) sails?

For the Curse of Cortez, would it be possible to change the torn sails to a white version of the black pearl torn (cannonball holes) sails?
The sails can be changed even w/o the curse. Just open the interface(F2) and choose the sail style you desire.

Back