• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're buying a ship, shouldn't its name be tied to the nationality of the shipyard where you're buying it? The new captain can rename it to whatever he likes, but when it's fresh out of the shipyard, wouldn't it have whatever name the shipyard gave it?
How do you rename your ship anyways? I dislike my Raa Class Frigate to be called Lil' Jack :confused:

How do you rename your ship anyways? I dislike my Raa Class Frigate to be called Lil' Jack :confused:
In the F2>Ship menu, click your ship name. You should then hear the "Quesbook update" sound effect.
Then use the keyboard (backspace and characters) to type in a new name, then confirm with "Enter".

Opening post EXE updated
New Game ENFORCED (again)

Since nobody is apparently playing with the latest version, I suppose this is as good a time as any to post another update that requires a new game to be started to work correctly.
Better get that out of the way, after all!

This contains a couple of corrections to earlier fixes, but most importantly it contains a BRAND NEW BRITISH FLEET!
In the previous version, only the HMS Victory was updated and the other ships were being worked on.
Now they're all included by default. If you don't like this though, the Installer does give you the option to keep the old ones.

Complete list of changes in this update:
- IsPlayerParty removed (replaced with bAllies) by me (corrected now)
- Period-dependent conditions for joining the Pirates by @Grey Roger
- Potential killing Ferro Cerezo exploit fixed by me (corrected by @Grey Roger)
- Historically accurate British Navy Fleet paint scheme by @Armada and @Grey Roger
- Brandenburg Personal Flag added by @Grey Roger
- OPTIONAL: Possibility to revert to original black-and-yellow paint scheme for British ships

Unless there is suddenly a surge of activity here, this may be my last update for a while.
In fact, I might just go ahead and post it as Beta 4.1 Public Release soon(ish).
I don't remember any WIP content being in there and it does fix quite a lot of issues with the Beta 4.0 currently on ModDB.

Game's looking good so far.
One little problem though, in my character Jean Baptiste, I cannot sell my naval brig, nor buy another ship, nor swap with any captured ship... is it supposed to be this way with this French character?

Yes. He's a naval officer. Naval officers are under naval regulations which means you are assigned your ship and required to command it. You will get a new ship for free when you are promoted.

Reactions: A.H
So as I rank, is it worth waiting out with this officer or the ships are not worth it?

I think you'll find the ships are worth it. For example, my guess is that you're currently a Lieutenant de Vaisseau. If so, your promotion to Capitaine de Corvette should see you being assigned to a 6th rate frigate.

Not bad. Graphics are pretty nice though, don't know what changes have been made in recent patch but I find them better than the previous version I played.

So as I rank, is it worth waiting out with this officer or the ships are not worth it?
Eventually a Naval Officer will be given command (for free!) of huge ships of the line and you'll even get a fleet of your own.
But instead of getting that at your own convenience, the Admiralty gives it to you when they think you've earned it.
It is a different way of playing. If you haven't done it before, it may be worth to try it now and see whether you like it.
If you don't like it, ensure you select another "player type" in the Select Storyline Interface than "Naval Officer".
Or:
Execute this through console:
Code:
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy");
That'll work too. ;)

Not bad. Graphics are pretty nice though, don't know what changes have been made in recent patch but I find them better than the previous version I played.
When it comes to graphics, no real changes have been made.
I won't complain if you still find them better than before, though! :cheeky

Since @A.H mentioned having some issues downloading, the opening post has now been updated with two additional mirrors.
Just in case. :doff

ahoy lads !

thanks for the grouped mailing about new horizon 4.1, really impressive work everyone !

that made me realising i still play with 3.2 or something like that lol !

im currently modding/playing some other games (total war warhammer , robocraft , AoP 2 CoAS CM3.2, skyrim (which is now 40Gb alone lol) that i made reviving, blood & gold: caribbean! which is one of the best game with POTC, and some other games), so i cant say i will test it shortly

and IRL im now math teacher ^^

but i keep it in mind !

i still see some news about HoO:CotS and always hope the best for all of you

cya on old and new seas !

I still have to take a look at the game running but just looking at the changelog and the bugtracker I'd say you guys have done an excellent job already!
I must say this really motivates me to get back on board!
:ship

I still have to take a look at the game running but just looking at the changelog and the bugtracker I'd say you guys have done an excellent job already!
Cheers!
I must admit I quite like the current "green" look on the Bug Tracker. :cheeky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back