1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 31 August 2017][Beta 7 December 2017]

Discussion in 'POTC: New Horizons Mod' started by Pieter Boelen, Apr 17, 2016.

1. DeathDaisy

DeathDaisy Freebooter Storm Modder

I dont think reapplying @Levis last fixes until theyre updated will break anything since the last WIP update was relatively minor, if @Hylie Pistof just wanna play until its solved :yes

2. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    In that case, at least the new @Levis fixes should be reinstalled after installing the latest @Grey Roger ones.
    That might work.

3. Hylie Pistof

Hylie Pistof Curmudgeon Staff Member QA Tester Storm Modder

Apparently I had installed Levis fixes because I just installed them and now this game is running again. :cheers

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  4. MrMister

MrMister Powder Monkey

So to get the most up-to-date version, besides the old part 2, one should install the part 1 from Aug 31 and the latest fixes from this thread as linked in the OP, currently from Dec 22?

What about the build 14 "Final" Part 1 from Dec 30 on ModDB? I can't seem to find anything about it on the forum.

EDIT: The ModDB file actually says "added 2016-Apr-2", bur "updated 2017-Dec-30". If the "updated" is just from reuploading or from changing the file's download page information then I understand, but if not, please send advice.

EDIT 2: While we're at it, some minor errors about the spanish rank names (I'm a native spaniard) as they are in the wiki (dunno if you've already fixed them in these fixes): it's "Alferez de Fragata" (this one was probably typoed when writing the wiki), and "Vicealmirante" and "Contraalmirante" (or "Contralmirante") are single words. If you wanna go the extra mile and add accents ("Alférez") say so and I can help with them; IIRC from when I played the vanilla game as a child the spanish translation had accents, so the engine supports them.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Correct; the files you need are the ones linked to in the opening post.
    The Installer EXE here is newer than the ModDB version.

Is that called "final"? I thought it was "full".
    Either way, the ModDB version is for Beta 4.0; the internal Beta 4.1 was never released there.

It must indeed be from updating the page information.
    I checked last week and the upload itself is still identical to the original.

I think @Homo eructus recently fixed stuff like that.
    If you still find similar things that should be corrected in the latest version, we'll be very happy to hear about it. :doff

6. Homo eructus

Homo eructus Freebooter Storm Modder

Yes, that is fixed in my common.ini, but it's not ingame yet due to the many other errors in my translation that I still haven't had the time to look over.

7. MrMister

MrMister Powder Monkey

If you want help from a native with checking spanish words, names and expleitives, and specially with accentuation if you decide to include it, just say so and I'll be happy to check whatever you send me.

8. Homo eructus

Homo eructus Freebooter Storm Modder

I'm a native Spaniard myself and I've been working on a full translation of the mod on and off for the last year and a half or so, aswell as addressing some of those issues you mentioned, like names and such (the revised Spanish names are already in the mod, although they only affect the randomly generated characters and ships, many predifined characters still have less than ideal names but changing them would require going through each mention of them one by one). You can check the ups and downs of my endeavour on this thread. I haven't worked on it for the last month and I probably won't be doing much for some time still though.

9. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Deck Scrubber, 2nd Class Staff Member Storm Modder

Writer and historian
    @Grey Roger, what's the status of the latest code? Can we freeze here and make ready for the new installer, or are there still changes in the works?

10. MrMister

MrMister Powder Monkey

Untitled.png In PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SantoDomingo citizen_dialog.c , at line 321 (under case "SantoDomingo":), the second DLG_TEXT[168] (which links to "We have a population of") should DLG_TEXT[169] (which links to "citizens") instead.

11. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

The plan was, and still is, to have an update just before the Christmas holiday (done); to see if anything cropped up during the holiday, and make one more update after the holiday; and then have the next installer based on the first update after the holiday.

The main event over the holiday has been the revision of the rapists scene in the jungle and the addition of a similar new scenario involving a defecting criminal. These will go into the first update of the new year, and therefore into the next installer.

(And the update to "SantoDomingo citizen_dialog.c" from @MrMister will also go in. :onya)

Mad Jack Wolfe and Pieter Boelen like this.
  12. MrMister

MrMister Powder Monkey

Add the bolded bits to internalsettings, since that's how I think thinks work currently.
    #define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO 1 // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered bysailing there manually or having the island's map before you can use Sail To
    #define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL 1 // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered byfinding them manually or asking for directions before you can use Fast Travel

13. Jack Rackham

Jack Rackham HoO Team Member Quest Writer Storm Modder

math teacher
    I have quest files again so please let me know when I should upload.

14. Pieter Boelen

You're very much correct! We added that "map" and "ask for directions" functionality later and must have forgotten to update the descriptions.
    Thanks for catching that! :cheers

@Grey Roger, would you see chance to update that in the files?

15. Grey Roger

Whenever you're ready. I probably won't be able to finish off my new sidequest before I put out this month's update, especially since @Mad Jack Wolfe is waiting for it so he can build the next installer. But I do hope to have the new "Defector" encounter scenario finished off soon, and then I'll upload the update.
    Done. Also removed the lines for "RELATION_IGNORE_FRIENDLY" and "SWEDEN_ALLOWED" as both are now in the "Options" menu.

16. Jack Rackham

Jack Rackham HoO Team Member Quest Writer Storm Modder

math teacher
    As I'm leaving for the weekend tomorrow I'll try to upload tonight.

17. Grey Roger

Next week would be fine as well. That gives me the weekend to finish off the "Defector" encounter.

18. Mad Jack Wolfe

Mad Jack Wolfe Deck Scrubber, 2nd Class Staff Member Storm Modder

Writer and historian
    Don't rush on my account, mon ami. I was simply making sure I hadn't missed an important post, or if people were waiting for me to do something and I didn't realise it. :onya

19. CaptnLysop

CaptnLysop Sailor Apprentice

Hello there mateys
    Downloading as we speak all the three files linked on the first post of this thread, should be right to get the mod all updated, yes?

Last time I had a blast with NH, but it turned ugly with some random crashes, and that means plenty of random crashes.
    Also what I find quite amusing is the english text but the german voice overs due to me having a stone age old 2 disc version of the game, lol. But its all the more nostalgic for me that way.
    Gonna see how it turns out, cheers for the hard work

20. CaptnLysop

CaptnLysop Sailor Apprentice

*Edit*
    NVM, all works fine now :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018