• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I'm sorry to disturb but I seem to be having an error trying to launch the game, I used the new Fix file from August. This is my error and system log.

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\ShipWalk.c; line: 13
can't load file: sea_ai\walk\Brig_20_Gun1_18_walk.c
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

That would explain it. The update file linked from post 1 of this thread is intended for the 31st August installer, also linked from post 1 of this thread. That installer has all the necessary files for the ship "Brig_20_Gun1_181", including its walk file.

If you go to the FTP site:
Index of /potc/Grey Roger
you can find older update archives which were based on earlier installers - 28th July 2016, 7th January 2017, as well as 31st August 2017 (the current most modern installer). The 7th January installer was pretty much the same as the 28th July installer plus the post 28th July fixes archive; likewise, the 31st August installer is the 7th January installer plus the post 7th January archive.

What that means is that if you start with the 28th July installer, you can apply, in sequence, the post 28th July fixes, the post 7th January fixes and the post 31st August fixes, and that should bring you up to date.

Hello again.

It would seem that I cannot launch the game after a full reinstall using the 3 bug fixes aswell in order. Now I'm only missing one file, however this is very odd.
COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 145
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

While I'm here I just wanted to ask if there are any news on Salazar, even if he's a low priority. I saw a post about someone asking for advice in creating him but I didn't quite understand it. Anything?

While I'm here I just wanted to ask if there are any news on Salazar, even if he's a low priority. I saw a post about someone asking for advice in creating him but I didn't quite understand it. Anything?
No news. I doubt anything is going to happen on that any time soon.

Hello again.

It would seem that I cannot launch the game after a full reinstall using the 3 bug fixes aswell in order. Now I'm only missing one file, however this is very odd.
COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 145
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments
Did you use the same old installer, or did you get the installer from post 1 of this thread? If it's the old one, how old is it?

In that case, you should only use the newest update file - the one also linked in post 1. I'd have thought that copying all three updates in order would do no harm, since the newest installer should basically be the previous installer plus its updates, but apparently something didn't work properly. Try again - fresh install from CD, then run the 31st August installer (the one from this thread), then copy in the post 31st August update.

If you have enough space on your hard drive, it's worth installing the game from CD and leaving it as it is. Then, when you want to re-install the Build Mod, make a copy of the entire installation folder of that stock CD install, and put the Build Mod into that copy. It's a lot quicker than starting with an installation from the CD's.

@Grey Roger Thank you!
It has worked, it would seem the reason is that I already had an old fix file from January I believe and overlapping the new ones will make it unable to launch, but now I can finally play.:cheers

Hi there,

I'm sorry for asking a maybe nooby question, but anyway: How do I ensure that the 'Extra Fix Archieve' is included in the game too? Is it sufficient to just put all the downloads in the same folder and then execute the installer? Or do I have to replace certain files that the installer creates afterwards with files from the fix archieve?

Hi there,

I'm sorry for asking a maybe nooby question, but anyway: How do I ensure that the 'Extra Fix Archieve' is included in the game too? Is it sufficient to just put all the downloads in the same folder and then execute the installer? Or do I have to replace certain files that the installer creates afterwards with files from the fix archieve?
hiya mate xD

you got it right with the second option:onya run the installer, and after copy the files from the extra fix archive into the modded game folder and overwrite all files when asked and it shuld all work I think:type1

I got hit with bad allergies the first week of December and could not play any games at all. Even reading was hard. But it seems to be letting up a bit now and I played POTC for a few hours yesterday.

First it was great to be back but 2 things popped up. First the gunner is no longer restocking the shore party. They seem to be doing ok anyway so it isn't serious.

Secondly, the perks system is trashed. I'm at level 31 and should have most perks but they don't seem to be working. I got caught in a storm and hit with lightning and then found that I no longer have the basic perk to put out the fire. And the perk interface is messed up. The icons on the left are correct but the descriptions are wrong and the perk numbers are darkened.

Is this because I added the latest updates without starting a new game? BTW the new sun looks good and there are no crashes and the game performance is very good.

First the gunner is no longer restocking the shore party. They seem to be doing ok anyway so it isn't serious.

Secondly, the perks system is trashed. I'm at level 31 and should have most perks but they don't seem to be working. I got caught in a storm and hit with lightning and then found that I no longer have the basic perk to put out the fire. And the perk interface is messed up. The icons on the left are correct but the descriptions are wrong and the perk numbers are darkened.
Are you still running with that @Levis Fixes archive? That might affect some things.

Is this because I added the latest updates without starting a new game?
That could also affect stuff. Have you tried F11 already?

F11 eh? Yeah it did make a difference as now there are all kinds of new perks that replace the old ones. The gunner's new perk is still uncheckable though. Maybe a new game is in order as things are really messed up. Sigh, I have a nice little fleet of 2 CastelF and 1 Fragatina Latina too.

F11 eh? Yeah it did make a difference as now there are all kinds of new perks that replace the old ones. The gunner's new perk is still uncheckable though. Maybe a new game is in order as things are really messed up. Sigh, I have a nice little fleet of 2 CastelF and 1 Fragatina Latina too.
You could try a new game, see if it works properly in there (maybe using Cheatmode) and if it doesn't, at least you'll know without spending too much time. :doff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back