• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP: What's the Verdict?

What is your past and current involvement with the PotC Build Mod?

• Total voters
Hi Redbeard!

In game, if you go to the options menu, and click realism mode, it will give you detailed info on what each mode does as you cycle through the selections.

You can also go to the internal settings file in the program folder of your game directory, and the first batch of settings will allow you to configure the game realism settings by each particular aspect (and,naturally, see what exactly each realism mode does).

Oh! Wow, for some reason I didn't see that, I think I spent too much time in the mod options, and didnt actually try changing it. Thanks man! I should pay more attention. :p

That old article does still mostly hold true. Can't check the specifics right now though.

If you're low on time, Arcade is a pretty good way to go.
As much as I like the realistic modes myself in concept, I'm always on Arcade myself as I only have time to test very specific things, so faster is better for that.

There are advantages to all the modes.
More realism definitely adds to the immersion of the game, but that definitely comes at the expense of being more time-consuming.

Back