• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember having read something about then when I started using direct sail. I wonder what effect this now has on actual gameplay?
No effect at all, because everybody has been using the "accurate" mode for years and years and years now.
Also, the cell method isn't at all compatible with the new worldmap anymore.

The only thing "new" is that the old code has been removed.
But functionally, nothing has changed, because we weren't using it anymore anyway.

Opening post EXE updated
New Game not required; but you MUST Reinitialize (F11)!!!

Contains the following changes:
- Two new character portraits added by @Grey Roger ("Jean-Baptiste du Casse" and "Francisco de Almeida")
- Ardent storyline expanded by @Grey Roger
- Separate Navy and Privateer prize multipliers added to InternalSettings.h by @pedrwyth
- Navy Officers gain a percentage of prize ship sales in their personal wealth by @pedrwyth
- Payment when removing ship upgrades corrected by @pedrwyth (also two near-identical functions joined)
- Balancing of steam ships improved by @Robert Nutter
- Select Storyline Interface: Various corrections by me (English ship selection filter re-enabled, player type scrolling corrected, character names instead of "storyline title")
- Code correction for Blackbeard's appearance on Isla de Muerta by me
- Characters intentionally generated with zero money will KEEP zero money by me
- Coast Brothers in Turks Church dialog added by @Jack Rackham (including Easter Egg)
- Claire Larrouse and Will Turner now comment if you use their outfit by @Grey Roger
- Reduced opportunities for messed up AI group relations by me
- Two loading screens added for @Levis' locations by me
- Isla Mona potential storyline interference corrected by me
- Ship encounter chances correction with Nation Paint Schemes OFF corrected by me

- Wrong orientation of random character in "large tavern" corrected by @pedrwyth
- Cartagena walk patch corrected by @danitim1
- Grand Turk made less dark at night by @Jack Rackham
- Locked perks icons improved by @Black Bart

From latest @Levis Fixes:
- Fixed bug in Thomas O'Reily where wrong questbook entry was shown. Also added escape on the beach to prevent relation loss against smugglers
- Patrol schedule is now tossable (only newly generated ones)
- Fix for leveling, where party XP didn't work
- Apothecary now closed at night
- Opium Ambush and guard attacking you after helping an unarmed citizen wont be attacked by other guards
- Landiterface abilities now should take realism settings into account (if you change it in the options you need a location reload for it to work)
- Officers will now follow you in Cartagena
- Almost done with apothecary quest
- Minor tweaks to levelling
- Added function to Store your ship and make it inaccessible until restored
- Apothecary Quest almost done

Background code changes:
- Ambush and Random_Raid functions joined by me
- "friend" and "enemy" texts replaced with correct AI group #defines by me
- Functions to find soldier/citizen AI groups centralized by me

Ahoy, mates! :doff

I have finally finished my exams, so now I'm able to test everything that it is needed on the Bug Tracker section, and also report strange bugs. What are the most important features to test?

I have finally finished my exams, so now I'm able to test everything that it is needed on the Bug Tracker section, and also report strange bugs.
Welcome back! Hopefully it all went well. :cheers

What are the most important features to test?
Have a look at the Build Testing List | PiratesAhoy! - there are priorities marked for each issue.
The most work recently has been done on Levelling, which can always use checking thoroughly and commenting on.
And yesterday also work by me on the AI group relations; so it would be good to know if that is better now again.

It is supposed to be that in the 6th February Version there is no archive of levelling in PROGRAM folder? Because I don't see anything about it.

Does the Feb 6 update require a new game?
New Game not required; but you MUST Reinitialize (F11)!!!

The file from here is also not included in the Installer EXE:
Needs Testing - No maps for sale | PiratesAhoy!
You could add that afterwards for testing purposes.

It is supposed to be that in the 6th February Version there is no archive of levelling in PROGRAM folder? Because I don't see anything about it.
That file was moved to somewhere in PROGRAM\Character , so indeed it is no longer where it used to be.

Get MSI Afterburner and use Rivatuner in it. It works great for me and I'm now using it in all my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back