• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Build 3.4 (Issue with own ships attacking mine)

Few notes I noticed:

1. You start off with -185 ct of food? You have to buy 185 to get back to even, then purchase more to feed the crew.
2. Reputation points do not go up or down.. been completing missions and killing lots of ships and still -60 for everyone and +2 for Dutch (Won't get promotions if I can't go up rep wise.. now I am labeled Dashing so that part is working.)
3. I am missing something with smuggling? I saw it was getting reworked, but did not see anymore info. Can't find a person to tell me where to go..

Have not gotten much further than this.. But will continue to play on Holland, but without being able to go up in rep kind of on hold.

1. I got that one time too, but never again. The game is bad at math.

2. I have noticed that at -60 they stay at -60 until i beg forgiveness and buy a LoM. Then rep goes up.

3. I have had no problems with smuggling. The smuggler is always somewhere in a tavern.

Reputation and nation relations are different things.
Are you playing as De Ruyter now? Then you should already have a navy rank and be able to get better remains with Holland by dealing with their enemies.
When you relation goes Green, you can talk to a Governor to be promoted.

Negative starting goods aren't normal. What settings did you choose?
Need to know that so we can try to replicate the bug.

There is a smuggler agent in each Tavern.

Settings were arcade and stock setup for the character.. Was able to replicate it twice on new game.

I guess on the rep part and relations I thought they were attached together. It seemed in 3.4 if I attacked other nations my relations went down for the nation I attacked and up for my nation of I was at war.. They don't seem to be moving at all right now.

Relations should still change like that.
Can you check with a non navy character and see if it works then?

Relations should still change like that.
Can you check with a non navy character and see if it works then?

I just started and played for 20 mins with Turner on Free play, and killed a bunch of Spanish fleets.. They are at 62 and I am at +2 Britain and green now.

Seems to be working fine for turner and that Free play, all same setting as I was using for Holland NO quest.

What ships are you capturing or sinking? Small ships sometimes will not do anything to relations.

class 5 and above on Holland.. pretty much anything I can find and kill

Still can't find a smuggler in the taverns for the life of me, in 3.4 they was someone every time you went into the tavern. Did they switch to random now?

Smuggler characters are pre defined and not random.
They're simply always there, but aren't actually called smuggler of course.

Why would there be one in the lair?
How about in the main City though?

I started a new game with same settings since I was not finding the agents in the taverns. The new game start worked as they are now in the bars, the food issue happened again.

The smuggler is in the tavern in town.

It just strikes me as odd that there is no way to smuggle in the Smugglers Lair. :facepalm

Could be that no such character was ever added there.
Should not be too hard to rectify.
Is it not possible to sell everything to the store owner there? Or does it not have a store?

There is a store there and it does not accept contraband. If you could sell contraband there it would be ok by me.

I suppose that might require an extra exception to be added to the code.
Should be possible, but more work is still more work.

There is a smuggler agent in the main City which isn't that far from the smuggler lair.
What is the objection to just going there?
There isn't that much to do in the lair in the first place, so I can hardly imagine people going there very often.

Back