• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build Mod Installation Issues

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Anyway any rough estimate on when the new updated POTC coming? :D Been playing EU4 these past few days and it gets boring after you conquer the world.
I just started my second compile, so I still need to:
- Wait for the compiling to finish
- Upload the file
- Check that it installs correctly

Hopefully I'll have the upload done before midnight here.

I ain't in a rush mate, was just asking to get an idea; but I'll be looking forward to testing it when it's ready! I downloaded a reliable POTC version, so all I need now is a reliable link to download the full New Horizon mod with updated patches :)
I just posted it. ;)
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
Still doing some double-checking on my side, but I think it is OK.

You already have the b14_beta3_full.7z file, right? And a good unmodded game too?
Then all you should need is the new EXE Installer.

Unless Tages is also recommended for POTC then I'd download it right away
PotC does not use that; only CoAS does.

Nop I just recently installed the original POTC 2003 game.. without any mods or patches yet.
I went to the link you sent and am downloading the b14 beta3 installer (361 MB) .

Part 2 from Moddb, this one also I must or the first link (361mb) should be good by itself?
Because I see it is from 2003, not the updated part 2 I presume?

Part 2 from Moddb, this one also I must or the first link (361mb) should be good by itself?
Because I see it is from 2003, not the updated part 2 I presume?
You most definitely DO need the 2-GB file, but if you already have it, you don't need to download it again.

Ah I was praying you wouldn't say that :p
I deleted it along with everything I had so I can make a fresh install to avoid any errors on this new one.
But yea I guess I'll download it and go to bed.. should be done by morning.
Somehow my torrent downloads can go upto 2mbps speed but when downloading from browser it's 150-200kbps max.

But just to clarify.. the 361 MB I install first, then the 2.3 GB file I install after that.. and just those 2 I should have everything I need for New Horizons, or am I missing anything?

Ah I was praying you wouldn't say that :p
I deleted it along with everything I had so I can make a fresh install to avoid any errors on this new one.
AGH! Once you have that file, you DON'T want to lose it.
I deliberately don't update it very often to avoid people from having to redownload that. :facepalm

Also don't worry about it being wrong; the Installer EXE has a checksum check to ensure the archive is OK.

But just to clarify.. the 361 MB I install first, then the 2.3 GB file I install after that.. and just those 2 I should have everything I need for New Horizons, or am I missing anything?
Agh, NO! :facepalm

1. Install the stock PotC and make sure it runs OK
2. Create a folder anywhere, such as in "Downloads"
3. Download Part 1 and Part 2 and put them in that folder
4. In that folder, click on the EXE
5. Browse to your PotC install. Point the installer there
6. Choose the options you want when asked
7. Play!

In other words: Just place the two files together and let the Installer EXE do its job.
Easy-peasy.... :rolleyes:

In the background, the Installer EXE will extract the 2.3 GB file for you, then install the 361 MB afterwards.

Reactions: A.H
I see.. well I might be wrong but maybe the weird stuff that happened with me did happen because I installed part one while I was still downloading part 2.
But yea I'll remember to put them both on POTC file and extract..
I placed a Game folder in Local Disk C.. hopefully it wouldn't make error as it would on Program Files.

with regards to installing the POTC mod right now, something weird happened :eek:
Not weird at all. Make sure you put both installation files OUTSIDE your game folder.
Actually, am I not repeating what the Installer EXE says now?

This is important, because weird stuff happens if the files are IN the game folder. You don't want that. :no

Ok now I get what you meant by your 7 step which you wrote last night.. damn I should take it easy on smoking the naughty stuff :eek:

With my laptop specs which I wrote recently, should I install ENB graphics or how do you define a real good computer?

With my laptop specs which I wrote recently, should I install ENB graphics or how do you define a real good computer?
There is an uninstaller for it too, so you can try it and see what happens.
If it is no good, then uninstall it again using the uninstaller placed in your main game folder.

Back