• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build Update Requests

nonusnomeni

Powder Monkey
changing interface must be priority scrolling thru personal or store inventory is real pain in the arse
not to mention import/export/contraband is not visible and give one item to companion is one hour job
also abilities there is no much of them so why not have all of them on one 2D page no need for (broken) scrolling such unnecessary big icons
and boarding who the hell is my enemy once i was half hour beat one crewman until i was realize he was mine
we have tailor why not possibility to buy uniforms for boarding party we have blacksmith why not possibility to arm them properly (no need for weapon locker) or at least let all pirates look same but not as any of my crew member
and autoloot should be like it is in "silent storm" at the end of the mission(boarding) chose what you want

changing interface must be priority scrolling thru personal or store inventory is real pain in the arse
What modpack version? Also what Windows version and hardware?

not to mention import/export/contraband is not visible
Not visible until you visit the store to see the prices, you mean? That's intentional.

give one item to companion is one hour job
Uhm.... Why?

also abilities there is no much of them so why not have all of them on one 2D page no need for (broken) scrolling such unnecessary big icons
They're already grouped into "contributing" and "not contributing".
Also, there are filters available in that interface.

and boarding who the hell is my enemy once i was half hour beat one crewman until i was realize he was mine
we have tailor why not possibility to buy uniforms for boarding party
Still on my To-Do list to improve this some time: High Priority - Updating the Character Model Groups | PiratesAhoy!
But I haven't been able to find the time in months.

we have blacksmith why not possibility to arm them properly (no need for weapon locker)
We've thought about doing that for Build 15: Planned Feature - Special Game Features for Officer Types | PiratesAhoy!

and autoloot should be like it is in "silent storm" at the end of the mission(boarding) chose what you want
That sounds extremely NOT easy to add into the game. You get blades, guns and money automatically already.

And welcome to the forum, by the way.... :rolleyes:

version 2 weeks old, win 7 home, latest news before 2y
nope not visible when trading how i can buy contraband stuff
scrolling lvl 23 more than 100 items in inventory
scrolling scrolling scrolling

thanks
and by the way sorry for my english
no classes self learn

If you want to buy contraband, then go somewhere where it is not contraband.

More than 100 items? Sell that stuff!

nope not visible when trading how i can buy contraband stuff

Go to store - buy stuff- prices for all the goods will appear on the F2> colonies screen for that store.

To see the prices for all the stores you would have to buy goods from all of them :yes

Prices paid for goods by smugglers - only appear when you sell goods to smugglers. Same principles apply as in the stores for seeing all smugglers prices - you have to sell to all of them.

scrolling lvl 23 more than 100 items in inventory
scrolling scrolling scrolling

:shock

Sell some items - or discard some of them :yes

and by the way sorry for my english
no classes self learn

It is very good :onya

:drunk

You can use the Sell Loot option at the Item Traders to automatically get rid of a lot of useless items.

If you insist on keeping them, put some in the ship chest in your cabin.
You can even put skill items there and they'll still affect you.
That'll save you a lot of clutter in the Inventory.

no no no
i don't want to be able to buy or sell contraband in store
icons should be colored green export blue import red contraband
most casual gamers don't bother to memorize colonies info
also options buy/sell half and buy/sell all of that commodity should make trading much more easier
get finger on left mouse button for 10min is frustrating
or at least possibility to write number in buy/sell
or ctrl/10 alt/100 shift/1000
for me personally port royale trading interface is almost perfect

sorry for this aggressive bothering from newcommer but i just want to give some ideas for more enjoyable playing
also i am really sorry for my lack of knowledge in programming because i will be very gladly make new interface

Last edited:
icons should be colored green export blue import red contraband
Why? They're already in different columns marked "Import/Export/Contraband".
Or are you referring specifically to the Store Interface itself where you can't tell if what you're buying is an Import or Export good without closing the interface and going to the Colonies view?

also options buy/sell half and buy/sell all of that commodity should make trading much more easier
get finger on left mouse button for 10min is frustrating
or at least possibility to write number in buy/sell
or ctrl/10 alt/100 shift/1000
Pretty sure that Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click functionality is already in there.

sorry for this aggressive bothering from newcommer but i just want to give some ideas for more enjoyable playing
At the moment we have rather a lot to be done on short notice. And another huge lot of stuff still on our To-Do List.
So far, you do make some fair suggestions. But compared to the other things we still need to get addressed, I'm afraid I have to consider them low priority requests at best.

If you want to speed up our process, it helps if you try and provide feedback on those things we are currently working on and stuff that are clear bugs that need fixing.
Until all those are taken care of, any "nice to have" requests will remain undone.

Or are you referring specifically to the Store Interface itself where you can't tell if what you're buying is an Import or Export good without closing the interface and going to the Colonies view?

That could be arraged easily in some way or another and might make sense :).

This is actually a really good idea. I've picked up the habit of memorizing what i need to know so i can plan what i buy and sell out in advance, but it would be more streamlined if it was visible in the store interface. Alternatively, indicate the deviation of an item's price from the average rather than indicating import/export in colour.

Pretty sure that Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click functionality is already in there.

It is for the options menu at least. As for the store interface, i don't know. I remember trying to use ctrl but it didn't work. I should check that again.

It is for the options menu at least. As for the store interface, i don't know. I remember trying to use ctrl but it didn't work. I should check that again.
It worked at some point. And then it was noted that it didn't work right and was disabled.
Can't remember if we ever re-enabled it though. If not, that's one more thing for Beta 5 when @Levis looks into economy stuff.
More importantly, it is something for not now.

can be something done with officers
do they must be so close
on doors on body i want search on stairs...
bloody hell i think i will play alone
and if they are to far they give darn about my fight

do they must be so close
bloody hell i think i will play alone
and if they are to far they give darn about my fight

You could try turning on sidestep in internalsettings.h to noclip around them. That's how i solve it. As for them assisting it fights, i haven't really had problems with them. It's true they they can't always help, but that's because it's just too cramped sometimes.

do they must be so close
Random officers have a dialog option available that you can use to tell them to stand where they are and not follow you around for a bit.

You could try turning on sidestep in internalsettings.h to noclip around them. That's how i solve it. As for them assisting it fights, i haven't really had problems with them. It's true they they can't always help, but that's because it's just too cramped sometimes.
thx it work

You don't lose your officers permanently that way. Where'd you get that idea?
I'm not talking of firing them.
It is just a way to keep them out of your way for a bit.

Just shoot the bastards and hire smarter ones. Why do you people insist on making a problem of everything? Well, admittedly, smart NPC bastards are in short supply... but at least ammunition is cheap. :boom:

Go to your "Passengers" screen and remove them from the active slots. Instead of following you around closely, they will now wander around at random. When you want them again, go back to "Passengers" and put them back in the active slots - do this before you move to a new area otherwise they won't follow you to that area.

Otherwise I'm with @morgan terror - enabling sidestep allows me to get round a few problems, literally.

Back