• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build Update Requests

background profession in next build should have impact on main character
because now it is totally useless and unnecessary feature

What kind of impact? It does affect initial skill values, skill progression and initial cargo/equipment.
It doesn't have much of effect on the story, except for the opening journal entry. I guess it would be nice if it did. Do you have any concrete ideas?

background profession in next build should have impact on main character
because now it is totally useless and unnecessary feature
Way to go, mate! We already expand on a feature much further than it was in the previous public release and you go and tell us it is "useless".
Honestly, I cannot remember seeing a single supportive comment of yours ever since you joined the forum.
If you are truly this critical of our efforts here, I've got wonder what it is that you want?

Are you aware of all this, for example? And this? All brand new as per this year.
In Beta 3, there were only a select few background professions and they only affected your starting skills and nothing else.
As per Beta 3.4 (current public release), there are many more background professions that affect also starting items.
They each get a custom logbook entry too, though that is purely for role-playing purposes.

But as per Beta 4 on the Free Play storyline, different background professions provide different opening scenarios.
And the "Naval Officer" one is basically a completely new way of playing the game altogether.
Or try the "Cursed" one as Barbossa or even Davy Jones.

But apart from "Naval Officer", the start of the game doesn't necessarily lock you into anything throughout the game.
You may start as a Spanish merchant and end up as a Privateer in the service of France.
So on that account, the background professions don't and shouldn't make such a huge difference.
They only affect where you come from. But where you go is then up to whoever is playing.

Definitely it can all be further improved upon. But that's why we're making all this progress in the first place.
It isn't perfect yet. But we steadily make more steps forward.

If you have specific ideas on what kind of impacts different professions have, share them!
Rather than saying "it is not good enough", think of what would make it better than what we have already done.
Or.... add those improvements yourself! Especially the "background professions" are quite moddable, even for a beginner.

So rather than saying our efforts are "useless and unnecessary", help us fully realise all the untapped potential!
That's what we try to do here, after all: Making the game better than it was by working together,
and having fun doing it so that others may have fun playing it.

sorry wasn't aware
my version is 3.3
interesting
downloaded from here Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod and stil have ver 3.3
will try reinstall

my idea was to start as one of the officers and get skills appropriate by that
nationality impact is well done

and again
i wasn't have any intention to underestimate such hard work which was made my days more enjoyable
if i wasn't like what i was see i wasn't be here
and please if you want me something to test i am avilable
i am not a moder my biggest achievement is changing numbers but if i can help in any way i will

Download the archive and installer from here.
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!

I sugest to keep your old install also just to be sure :).
This is the version we hope to be able to release after the holidays. There are still some issues with it but we are getting there now :).

Some weird issues popped up with this installer so I sugest to also download this patch already:
Some general comments and questions | PiratesAhoy! (extract it to your potc installation folder).

This should give you the most up to date version of the game we have now.
If you find any bugs in it please report them. If you have sugestion feel free to make a topic in the brainstorm forum. But whatever you do try to give as much information as possible, because sometimes the smallest details matter.

sorry wasn't aware
my version is 3.3
interesting
downloaded from here Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod and stil have ver 3.3
will try reinstall
That Beta 3.3 version is actually Beta 3.4; there was a slight mistake when it was uploaded, so the number wasn't changed.
Anyway, that version is very different from the one we're currently working on by now.

and please if you want me something to test i am avilable
We do have lots of things to be tested on our current version:
Build Testing List | PiratesAhoy!

i am not a moder my biggest achievement is changing numbers but if i can help in any way i will
That's where it all starts! :cheeky

i was try to find autoloot roots but cannot find
because i wish to try to see if i can expand autloot on boarding and landing party
to see if i can make they kills count as mine and get autoloot in my inventory
also to expand autoloot on healing potions and bandages

i was try to find autoloot roots but cannot find
because i wish to try to see if i can expand autloot on boarding and landing party
to see if i can make they kills count as mine and get autoloot in my inventory
also to expand autoloot on healing potions and bandages
Search your PROGRAM folder for "AUTOLOOT".
Use trick #3 posted here: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!

ok find in LAi-fightparams this
{
int q;
aref tempitem;
bool log = false;
string b = "";
string g = "";
string m = "";
string comp = "";
string tempitm = ""; // PB: prevent double looting
bool btemp = !IsOfficer(attack) && !IsOfficer(enemy);
// SCREWFACE : to loot enemy weapons if one of your crewmember kill an enemy
if(attack.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember") || enemy.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember")){btemp=false;}
// END

but every possible combination give me c++runtimeerror

tried

SCREWFACE : to loot enemy weapons if one of your crewmember kill an enemy
if(attack.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember") || enemy.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember")){btemp=false;}

// SCREWFACE : to loot enemy weapons if one of your crewmember kill an enemy
if(attack.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember") || enemy.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember")){btemp=true;}

SCREWFACE : to loot enemy weapons if one of your crewmember kill an enemy
if(attack.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember") || enemy.name==XI_ConvertString("Crewmember")){btemp=true;}

Are you removing the "//" from those comment lines? Don't do that for sure!!!
wasn't in second attempt stillruntimeerror

tried another time no runtimeerror but no boarding crew autoloot

and btw
just find officer without aligment in taverne martinique
tried to get him game freeze
free play 3.4

and no picture of soleil royale in new game opening menu chose ship

new game with same profile delete all previous savegames?!?
speaking of which
why they are restricted by number

Last edited:
Ship interface pictures should be fixed in the next update.
Will be posted soon; hopefully within the week or so.

Same name profile on same storyline does indeed overwrite.
That is why it gives a warning.

two more things
every third-four quicksave freeze
and stand traders sell almost nothing 2-3 blades, 5-6 cuiras, no meds no maps
and it is really hard to kill someone on lvl 90 with regular weaponxDxDxD

Item availability at traders is random. Too random.
That's one of the things already on our to do list for after Beta 4 has been released.

sry for bothering:(
again:oops:
cannot get in tortuga tavern:modding
who is dumb-dumb me or my pc:ninja

Attachments

• -=Player=- Hispaniola. Tortuga port.rar
    456.2 KB · Views: 127
  • compile.rar
    2 KB · Views: 106
What do you mean "you cannot get in"?
Can you not find the door? Or are you standing in front of the door and it won't reload?
Are there any quests involved?

What do you mean "you cannot get in"?
Can you not find the door? Or are you standing in front of the door and it won't reload?
Are there any quests involved?

try to get in loading start and stop freeze no error no ctd just freeze coin which suggest loading disappear after 2-3sec no quest start of game

and that cursed coin is really cursed
have him only for two days and became cursed
must start new game

try to get in loading start and stop freeze no error no ctd just freeze coin which suggest loading disappear after 2-3sec no quest start of game
This is the start of the Jack Sparrow storyline, is it? I played through that quite recently and there is no reason it shouldn't work fine.
Unless the number of characters and the new(ish) Levelling PostInit process is being "too heavy" on your computer.

You could try just having a bit more patience and seeing if the reload does continue if you wait a bit longer.

and that cursed coin is really cursed
have him only for two days and became cursed
That is NOT in the Jack Sparrow storyline, I assume? Because the curse isn't in effect there.

Other than that, the "Mysterious Coins" being cursed is very much intentional.
But if you don't like that, you can get rid of them in about 5 minutes or so. IF you know how.
The item description holds a first clue. ;)

Back