• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can this game work on a Macbook pro?

AdamH1990

Powder Monkey
Hello all!
sorry its been a while!, I got this game and it worked lovely on windows until my machine crashed!, but i got a mac book pro , with a 750GB hard drive, 8GB ram , and 2.9 processor, Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB , I hope this is an ok machine to run this game! So thats my main question will this game run on that laptop? and also will city of abandoned ships run too?. I have ordered it!.
Hope you guys can help!
P.S what patches wlill be good to download for these games?!
Adam

I'm running PotC Build Mod 14 on a MacBook Pro with Boot Camp, and it works fine, although the unibody gets very hot at times. I don't know if that's relevant or helpful. CrossOver also claims it can do PotC too, but I don't know how you'd install mods on top of that.

Do you think the mods help it work on these laptops?! if so! where can i download the mod packs for this game? il try installing it today and let you know how i get on!

I stick the disk into the drive to install the game, i go to click Auto run and all i get is this box with this message! i didnt copy all the message its long! I get this everytime!, Can i get Win32 for macbook pro? I am no expert with computers so no idea what this means! hope someone can help!

MZPˇˇ∏@∫¥Õ!∏LÕ!êêThis program must be run under Win32
$7PEL^B*‡éÅ d¿>rÄ@êE@∞ñ!`&>¥[CODELbd `DATAHÄh@¿BSSy †Ç¿.idatañ!∞"Ç@¿.tls‡§¿.rdata§@P.reloc¥[\¶@P.rsrc&>`&>@PêE(E@P@Boolean@FalseTrueç@,@Integerġˇˇã¿D@ByteˇêX@Wordˇˇêl@CardinalˇˇˇˇêÑ@
Stringê@ Variantç@Ë@Ë@p7@|7@Ä7@Ñ7@x7@¿4@‹4@5@TObjectÙ@TObjectË@System@
IInterface¿FSystemˇˇÃÉD$¯È%OÉD$¯ÈCOÉD$¯ÈMOÃA@K@U@¿F`@ÿ@l@ÿ@ ú@p7@D`@P`@Ñ7@x7@``@‹4@5@TInterfacedObjectã¿@ TBoundArray(@Systemˇ%ñFã¿ˇ%»±Fã¿ˇ%ƒ±Fã¿ˇ%¿±Fã¿ˇ%º±Fã¿ˇ%∏±Fã¿ˇ%¥±Fã¿ˇ%∞±Fã¿ˇ%¨±Fã¿ˇ%®±Fã¿ˇ%§±Fã¿ˇ%†±Fã¿ˇ%‡±Fã¿ˇ%ú±Fã¿ˇ%‹±Fã¿ˇ%ò±Fã¿ˇ%î±Fã¿ˇ%ê±Fã¿ˇ%å±Fã¿ˇ%à±Fã¿ˇ%ѱFã¿ˇ%ıFã¿ˇ%|±Fã¿ˇ%x±Fã¿ˇ%t±Fã¿ˇ%p±Fã¿ˇ%l±Fã¿ˇ%ÿ±Fã¿ˇ%h±Fã¿ˇ%d±Fã¿ˇ%`±Fã¿ˇ%±Fã¿ˇ%ϱFã¿ˇ%˱Fã¿ˇ%\±Fã¿ˇ%X±Fã¿ˇ%≤Fã¿ˇ%¸±Fã¿ˇ%¯±Fã¿ˇ%T±Fã¿ˇ%P±Fã¿ˇ%L±Fã¿SɃºª
TËaˇˇˇˆD$,t∑\$0ã√ɃD[√ã¿ˇ%H±Fã¿ˇ%D±Fã¿ˇ%@±Fã¿ˇ%<±Fã¿ˇ%8±Fã¿ˇ%4±Fã¿ˇ%0±Fã¿ˇ%,±Fã¿SV懕FÉ>u:hDjË®ˇˇˇã»Ö…u3¿^[√°‹•Fââ
‹•F3“㬿çD¡ãââBÉ˙duÏããâ^[√êââ@√ã¿SVãÚãÿËùˇˇˇÖ¿u3¿^[√ãâPãVâP ãââXâBâ∞^[√ãPãâ
âQ㇕F⣇•F√SVWUQãÒâ$ãËã]ã$ãâãPâVã;ãCã–S ;uã√Ë∑ˇˇˇãCâãC FÎãV;¬u
ã√ËöˇˇˇãC Fãfl;Îu¬ã÷ã≈ËUˇˇˇÑ¿u3¿âZ]_^[√ç@SVWUɃ¯ãÿã˚ã2ãC;rlãŒJãËk ;Õw^;uãBCãB)C É{ uDã√Ë5ˇˇˇÎ;ã
ãrŒã¯{ ;œu)s Î&ã
Jâ $+˘â|$ã+–âS ã‘ã√Ë–˛ˇˇÑ¿u3¿Î ∞Îã;˚uÖ3¿YZ]_^[√êSVWã⁄ãÅ˛}æÎ Å∆ˇˇÅÊˇˇâsjh Vj˯˝ˇˇã¯â;Öˇt#ã”∏‰•FËl˛ˇˇÑ¿uhÄjãPËŸ˝ˇˇ3¿â_^[√êSVWUãŸãÚãË«Cjh hUË•˝ˇˇã¯â;ÖˇuÅ∆ˇˇÅÊˇˇâsjh VUËÄ˝ˇˇâÉ;t#ã”∏‰•FËı˝ˇˇÑ¿uhÄjãPËb˝ˇˇ3¿â]_^[√êSVWUɃÏâL$â$«D$ˇˇˇˇ3“âT$ ãËã$≈âD$㉕FÎQã;ãs;ÓwFã∆C ;D$w;;t$sât$ã∆C ;D$ vâD$ hÄjVËÔ¸ˇˇÖ¿u
«¿•Fã√Ë佡ˇãflÅ˚‰•FußãD$3“âÉ|$ tãD$ãT$âãD$ +D$ãT$âBɃ]_^[√SVWUɃÙâL$â$ã–ãÍÅÂˇˇ$ŬˇÅ‚ˇˇâT$ãD$â(ãD$+≈ãT$âBã5‰•FÎ<ã^ã~ ˚;Îvã›;|$vã|$;˚vjh+˚WSË&¸ˇˇÖ¿u

Right got a computer with windows working!!!, installed the game!!, it says game requires admins privileges and i click yes to say i am the Administrator and then it says under TAGES error 1275 unable to proceed???
Do i need to download a patch for this to work??
I am the Administrator on this P.C so i should'nt see why it should not work!
hope someone can help
Adam

Are you trying to install AOP 1? That is sort of a dead game. You would do better to install COAS or POTC.

If you want AOP1 to work you need to go to MODDB and find the SUPERMOD. There may be a link here as well that still works. That mod is standalone and gets rid of the horrible Starforce and TAGES protection that is probably interfering with your install.

If you must play old AOP1 download the Supermod. It fixes all the bugs and is the only way to go. It will still use your AOP: Caribbean Tales disk.

As Hylie said you should get COAS or POTC now though. But if you need your pirate fix today and you already have the old AOP disk, Supermod will solve your problems. Install supermod and let it run once its in. Make sure you have your disk in.

If none of the links work let me know. I still have a copy of the full mod and will hang it on Mediafire.

MK

This can really starts to get a bit confusing, especially when multiple games are being discussed. Age Of Pirates : Caribbean Tales had Stareforce, the Supermod will disable Starforce when it installs.

Age of Pirates II : City of Abandoned Ships uses TAGES and is a bit more complicated to circumvent, the Supermod will do nothing for that one, plus it will totally screw up your install should it be installed on top of AOP II. If the Windows machine you you are using is Windows 7, you will need to update your TAGES drivers after you have installed AOP II, but berfore you run the game, with a download from their web page HERE!

Also, Windows 7 turns off the Administrator account by default, you have to manually turn it on and off when installing programs requiring Admin privileges. Sometimes that is as easy as just right clicking on the program and choosing "Run as Administrator", but other times it is a lot more complicated and needs to be done like THIS. If you have to use the second option, be sure and be disconnected from the internet while you install the program, remember to turn off the Admin account after you are done installing.

Please keep in mind that these games were originally designed on a game engine that was designed to run on Windows 98, and later tweaked for Windows XP. As Microsoft always does with newer Windows releases, added "features" complicate everything the previous generation of games were designed for. These can effect both software and hardware. Regardless of what version of Windows you are using, or what AOP game you are installing, even with Mac emulation; it is recommended to NOT install to the default Program Files directory, instead install the game to C:\Games\ or something.

hello all! thanks for all the replys!!!
I am trying to get age of sail 2 city of abandoned ships, i may have put this in the wrong place! so thats my bad, I have first 1 Caribbean sales working fine, with the supermod!. I install the 2 game COAS , and it just says insufficient privileges, and then error 1275 ! im not sure what that means, il give the links a go and let you know how i get on!!. Thanks again for all the help!
Adam

Back