• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot access to Isla de Muerta cave

JSparrow&Teague

Landlubber
Hello, I wanted to comment you that I'm having a problem, when I land on isla de Muerta, aty the Deserted Shore, the access to the cave seems to ber blocked, and I cannot progress

To access the cave on isla de Muerta you need the 4 bits of the map :yes

This was introduced in Build 14 Beta 1 patch 2 or 3 ( it is still bugged as some paths do not give you all the bits you need and some give you 2 copies of the same bit )

( 2 copies of the same bit does not work ) :no

Which story line are you playing & which bits of the map do you have ( Top-left corner --- Top-right corner --- Bottom left corner --- Bottom right corner )

If you are playing the Mings -Brotherhood storyline:

Then when you take Lt Willemoes to Guadeloupe to meet Capt. Petros & meet the members of the Brotherhood - on Anse Casse-Bois beach Mr Gibbs MUST come with you to Petros' plantation :yes - If he stays with the ship you will not get one of the bits of the map you need.

If you are playing the Brock- Brinkley storyline:

Then you must choose one of the choices where you help Shaypen ( either at Gray Rock Bay or on the jetty at the Nevis Pirate Settlement ) :yes

If you follow a path where you do not help Shaypen then you will not get one of the pieces of the map.

:treas

Do you have any notes on which paths do not give you the correct set of parts?
That should be fairly easily fixed with some GiveItem2Character lines at the right spots...

I am playing the various Brock - Brinkley paths at the moment.

Will let you know which ones are broken soon.

:trio

I have FINALLY finished the storyline, thanks to all of you for your uninterested help, and by the bugs, as soon as I find any I will let you know, have no worries.
By the way, I find the game crashes quite often, is there any way to fix it? I'm pretty good and familiar with the game code, and perhaps I could help and perhaps even bring to life the stories i've written (well, in fact I only have one complete, but more are on the way). Where should I post this?
I hope we make a deal soon, and my best greetings

Congratulations! :2up Did you enjoy it?

Yes, ctd's happen. Save often. :modding Code? :mm Stories? :nk You've got me ear matey. :shoot:

If you want to write your own quests, just let us know what you want to do and we'll try to point you in the right direction. :yes

Aye, I enjoyed it very much!!!!

As for the stories, you can find the one i have completed here, only thing it is in spanish, I hope it's not a problem, the link called El final de Johnás Pittsburg, ot if you prefer, I pass it to you by here, as you prefer, gentlemen.

My Spanish is not too good and I don't have time to read it,
but have a look in PROGRAM\Storylines for the storyline and code and let us know if you've got questions. :yes

Back