• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cannot Land at Island Near Puerto Rico

Sail to island next to (south of) Puerto Rico. Where is this island?

The island has no name - the game treats it as part of Puerto Rico

If you sail out of San Juan, Puerto Rico - go left round the headland - you should see it in the distance. -- see attached Map

:drunk

Attachments

• Map Puerto Rico.JPG
    Map Puerto Rico.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
ok thanks ... but when I arrive (see the red circle in the picture) not me ago moor

Attachments

• Pubblicazione1.jpg
    Pubblicazione1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 231
Which story are you playing ?

I think the anchorage is now a "quest anchorage" so you can only moor there if it is part of the quest that you have to go there.

:read

What have you played through so far? Exactly?

According to the code, that anchor sign appears only AFTER you have killed the "Teacher" (="Stallion") character.

Relevant section of code from the Jack Sparrow both_reaction.c file:
Code:
    case "with_teacher_to_muelle_5":
       LAi_LocationFightDisable("Turks_tavern_upstairs", false);
       LAi_ActorAttack(characterFromID("Teacher"), pchar, "");
       Lai_SetPlayerType(pchar);
       pchar.quest.destroy_ANIMISTS.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_Death";
       pchar.quest.destroy_ANIMISTS.win_condition.l1.character = "Teacher";
       pchar.quest.destroy_ANIMISTS.win_condition = "to_ANIMISTS";
       LAi_group_FightGroups(LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, "ANIMISTS_SOLDIERS", true);
       Locations[FindLocation("Turks_Cavern_01")].locators_radius.goto.goto37 = 2.2;

LAi_QuestDelay("Story_Domingues_to_cave", 0.0); //CTM
     break;

case "to_ANIMISTS":
       Island_SetReloadEnableLocal("IslaMuelle", "reload_2", true);
       pchar.quest.final_battle_with_dark_teacher.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
       pchar.quest.final_battle_with_dark_teacher.win_condition.l1.location = "Turks_Cavern_01";
       pchar.quest.final_battle_with_dark_teacher.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "goto";
       pchar.quest.final_battle_with_dark_teacher.win_condition.l1.locator = "goto37";
       pchar.quest.final_battle_with_dark_teacher.win_condition = "final_battle_with_dark_teacher";
       LAi_group_FightGroups("ANIMISTS_SOLDIERS", LAI_GROUP_PLAYER, true);
     break;

So you are playing this bit of the story :-

Gibbs to come inland with you(top)
Go through jungle to Petros' Plantation - go into house

Talk to Petros - lots of talking - Willemoes talks - Capt Konrad talks - Willemoes leaves - Petros gives you part of map - asks you to rescue pirate. - QB Update

No - refuse (I have not played this option yet)

Yes - go back to Anse Casse-Bois - sail to Puerto Rico.

At San Juan, Puerto Rico, go to tavern - talk to tavern keeper, ask about captured pirate - then talk to Barbossa, sitting at table near door. – QB Update

Sail to island next to (south of) Puerto Rico. - go into jungle and find cave - Pirate ( Couch Captain Charles ) hiding in cave - talk to him. – QB Update

Take Couch Captain Charles back to Petros on Guadeloupe.

Petros talks to you - says Annamaria is waiting at Lighthouse on Barbados for you.- Mr Gibbs & Couch Captain Charles leave you

Now go Searching for Nathan Kell

Which means that the anchorage should be working - so you have hit a bug. :modding

Do you have any error logs ?

:drunk

This is not Sao Fengs Bodyguards :no

- it is part of the Mings -Brotherhood Main Story - where you go looking for Couch Capt Charles - a task given by Petros.:yes

The Animists ( Sao Fengs Bodyguards ) Lair is on Turks . - just to cause confusion.

:read

@Talisman: Oops, disregard my above post. I mistook it for the Animists sidequest. :facepalm

In that case, this would be the relevant quest code from quests_reaction.c:
Code:
    case "Looking_for_CCC":
       pchar.quest.Jacks_early_days = "Rescue_CCC";
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Barbossa"), "Muelle_Tavern", "sit", "sit5");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Couch Captain Charles"), "Muelle_ANIMISTS", "goto", "goto28");
       Island_SetReloadEnableLocal("IslaMuelle", "reload_2", true); // PB: Needs to be accessible
       LAi_SetSitType(characterfromID("Barbossa"));

Pchar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition.l1.location = "Muelle_ANIMISTS";
       Pchar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition = "Found_CCC";
     break;

The line marked "PB" there is in my own game version and must have been for a while because I don't even remember putting it there.
It suggests this was indeed a real bug at some point, until I fixed it.

@Yo ho ho!, which modpack version are you playing?
Looks like it should be fixed with the latest one, so you may be a bit behind.

Anyway, good chance that executing that line marked with "PB" through console will allow you to continue.
See here point #4 for how to do that: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!

The Animists ( Sao Fengs Bodyguards ) Lair is on Turks . - just to cause confusion.
Really? In that case, the "Island_SetReloadEnableLocal("IslaMuelle", "reload_2", true);" line in the Jack Sparrow both-reaction.c file might as well be removed.

Last edited:
I read the new rules of the forum and since I suck in English, try to speak it as well as possible.
With respect to previous messages: there is someone who knows how to moor the island next to Puerto Rico?

I read the new rules of the forum and since I suck in English, try to speak it as well as possible.
Your posts were moved here because they didn't relate to the thread where you were posting.
Now you've got a brand new thread for it instead. :cheeky

With respect to previous messages: there is someone who knows how to moor the island next to Puerto Rico?
See the posts above, specifically post #11. I posted that already yesterday and it contains everything you need.

I have only "both_reaction.c" and "quests_reaction"

Attachments

• both_reaction.c
    184.4 KB · Views: 239
  • quests_reaction.c
    399.9 KB · Views: 250
I have only "both_reaction.c" and "quests_reaction"
Thanks for that.
According to that file, the required line is already in place:
Code:
Island_SetReloadEnableLocal("IslaMuelle", "reload_2", true); // PB: Needs to be accessible

Maybe @Talisman would know if you missed a step in the quest?

If I see correctly, the following should happen:
- You get a "Brotherhood" and "Aztec" quest update at the same time (this happens.... somewhere?)
- When you enter Puerto Rico tavern, you should meet Barbossa AND this is when the anchorage is unlocked

So did you enter that tavern? And did you meet Barbossa?

I found it in PROGRAM \ quests \ quests common.c
My mistake. I did actually mean "quests_reaction.c".... :facepalm

Back