• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cannot Land at Island Near Puerto Rico

no for Barbossa I tried to ask the tavern keeper but he did not give me information and then Barbossa has not appeared

no for Barbossa I tried to ask the tavern keeper but he did not give me information and then Barbossa has not appeared
Then your problem is not that you cannot land at the island, the real problem occurred much earlier.
No Barbossa indicates you aren't yet at the correct point in the story.

Is "Peter Willemoes" still with you?

I redid the scene where I had to choose whether gibbs stay with the ship or come to the inside with you. I had chosen to stay with the ship, and now, I chose to come to the inside with you. Now works!! I'm sorry to have created confusion ...
I also hope that will be a build update soon! There is a lot of fun
:)

I redid the scene where I had to choose whether gibbs stay with the ship or come to the inside with you. I had chosen to stay with the ship, and now, I chose to come to the inside with you. Now works!!
@Talisman, do you know how that "stay with the ship" option is supposed to work?

I also hope that will be a build update soon!
The last update was posted not even 2 months ago. You can't possibly have played everything it has to offer yet! :shock

If you tell Gibbs to stay with the ship - then that is where you get captured ( put in prison ) instead of meeting Petros at the plantation.

It always causes a bit of confusion because you have to go to a different building ( not the plantation ) to trigger the capture.

Sail to Anse Casse-Bois - on shore Mr Gibbs talks to you (2 choices)

Gibbs to stay with ship

OR

Gibbs to come inland with you (see below)

Gibbs to stay with ship
Go through jungle on your own – go to house outside fort entrance ( 1st jungle screen )

Transported to prison - Talk to Cap’n Drow. – escape – avoid 3 EITC officers in Port - sail to Turks - on jetty Petros talks to you - gives you your ship back.

Mr Gibbs leaves you

Sail to Lighthouse Bay, on Barbados

Go Searching for Nathan Kell ( see below)

Gibbs to come inland with you
Go through jungle to Petros' Plantation - go into house

Talk to Petros - lots of talking - Willemoes talks - Capt Konrad talks - Willemoes leaves - Petros gives you part of map - asks you to rescue pirate. - QB Update

No - refuse (I have not played this option yet)

Yes - go back to Anse Casse-Bois - sail to Puerto Rico.

At San Juan, Puerto Rico, go to tavern - talk to tavern keeper, ask about captured pirate - then talk to Barbossa, sitting at table near door. – QB Update

Sail to island next to (south of) Puerto Rico. - go into jungle and find cave - Pirate ( Couch Captain Charles ) hiding in cave - talk to him. – QB Update

Take Couch Captain Charles back to Petros on Guadeloupe.

Petros talks to you - says Annamaria is waiting at Lighthouse on Barbados for you.- Mr Gibbs & Couch Captain Charles leave you

Now go Searching for Nathan Kell

:read

If you tell Gibbs to stay with the ship - then that is where you get captured ( put in prison ) instead of meeting Petros at the plantation.

It always causes a bit of confusion because you have to go to a different building ( not the plantation ) to trigger the capture.
Main thing I'd like to know is if case "Looking_for_CCC" gets triggered in both instances.
For whatever reason, that did not run for @Yo ho ho! but I haven't got a clue if that is user error or an actual bug.
Playing through, then checking compile.log would tell us.

Main thing I'd like to know is if case "Looking_for_CCC" gets triggered in both instances.

:no - No

I think case "Looking_for_CCC" - is only triggered if you talk to Petros in the Plantation

in Petros_dialog.c

Code:
  case "Plan_for_CCC_Quest":
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[12];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[13];       
       link.l1.go = "Plan_for_CCC_Quest2";
     break;

case "Plan_for_CCC_Quest2":
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[14];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[15];       
       link.l1.go = "Plan_for_CCC_Quest3";
     break;

case "Plan_for_CCC_Quest3":
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[16];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[17];       
       link.l1.go = "Plan_for_CCC_Quest4";
       link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[18];       
       link.l2.go = "Exit_no_CCC_Quest";       
     break;     

case "Plan_for_CCC_Quest4":
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[19];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[20];       
       link.l1.go = "Exit_for_CCC_Quest";
     break;

case "Exit_for_CCC_Quest":
       GiveItem2Character(Pchar,"Map_Doc_2");     
       Locations[FindLocation("Guadeloupe_Plantation_inside")].reload.l1.disable = 0;     
       SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 2, getCharacterIndex("Mr. Gibbs"));     
       RemoveOfficersIndex(pchar, GetCharacterIndex("Peter Willemoes"));
       RemovePassenger(pchar, characterFromID("Peter Willemoes"));
//       RemoveCompanion(pchar, characterFromID("Peter Willemoes"));     
       pchar.quest.Jacks_early_days = "Looking_for_CCC";
       DialogExit();
       NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;
       AddDialogExitQuest("Muelle_for_CCC");                         <<<<----- Links to quest_reaction.c

which activates this in quests_reaction.c

Code:
case "Leaving the room_Konrad2":
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Konrad Kulczycki"), "None", "");
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Peter Willemoes"), "None", "");
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Petros")].Dialog.Filename = "Petros_dialog.c";
       LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Petros"));
       LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Petros"),PChar,"",5.0,5.0);
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Petros")].dialog.currentnode = "Plan_for_CCC_Quest";     <<<<-----   This starts PETROS dialog above  which links to the next case
     break;

//CCC Quest Starts here
     case "Muelle_for_CCC":
       AddQuestRecord("The Brotherhood",16); // TALISMAN - was 17 <-wrong
       AddQuestRecord("Aztec",13);  // TALISMAN - added
       DisableFastTravel(false);
       pchar.quest.Jacks_early_days = "Looking_for_CCC";
       LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Mr. Gibbs"));
       RemoveCharacterCompanion(pchar, characterFromID("Peter Willemoes"));

Pchar.quest.Looking_for_CCC.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Looking_for_CCC.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.Looking_for_CCC.win_condition.l1.location = "Muelle_Tavern";
       Pchar.quest.Looking_for_CCC.win_condition = "Looking_for_CCC";
     break;

case "Looking_for_CCC":
       pchar.quest.Jacks_early_days = "Rescue_CCC";
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Barbossa"), "Muelle_Tavern", "sit", "sit5");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Couch Captain Charles"), "Muelle_ANIMISTS", "goto", "goto28");
       Island_SetReloadEnableLocal("IslaMuelle", "reload_2", true); // PB: Needs to be accessible
       LAi_SetSitType(characterfromID("Barbossa"));

Pchar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition.l1.location = "Muelle_ANIMISTS";
       Pchar.quest.Found_CCC.win_condition = "Found_CCC";
     break;

For whatever reason, that did not run for @Yo ho ho! but I haven't got a clue if that is user error or an actual bug.

The dialog with Petros elsewhere ( on Turks jetty ) is in completely different cases . :yes

I think Yo ho ho! after leaving Mr Gibbs at the ship - went to the Plantation - could not find Petros there ( since he is not there if Gibbs stays at the ship ) and so went to Puerto Rico - but since he had not talked to Petros the quest was broken.

It is the problem of having the capture not taking place at the Plantation but at the building in front of the Fort enterance in the jungle section before you get to the Plantation

Playing through, then checking compile.log would tell us.

That will take time - unless

@Yo ho ho! - could you attach a Save ( the one you used when you redid the scene of Mr Gibbs staying with boat / coming inland with you would be best ). -- you will need to zip/ archive the file before you can attach it to a post.

This would help make checking much quicker.

:drunk

Then I wonder how that alternate path can ever have worked.
What code IS triggered for that then? :confused:

Then I wonder how that alternate path can ever have worked.
What code IS triggered for that then? :confused:

o_O - Sorry I am confused - the 2 paths are completely different -

1 - has you captured on Guadeloupe
2 - has you helping Petros by rescuing Couch Captain Charles

both end up sending you to Barbados to meet Annamaria and go looking for Nathan Kell.

:drunk

1 - has you captured on Guadeloupe
2 - has you helping Petros by rescuing Couch Captain Charles
Then if only #2 has you going to the small island near Puerto Rico, why did @Yo ho ho! need to go there despite being on #1?
Misunderstanding rather than a bug, then?

There is also here this problem: I have finished the curse of the first moon : I'm making Lucas & Justine Le Moigne side-quests and the first thing I have to go to the tavern in Tortuga and meet Thomas Tipman. But when I meet him, he does not say anything. And in fact, in hispaniola, I'm not land on anyone shore and I'm forced to go to the fort. I know I've forgotten something before, but I tried to remake and nothing ....:unsure

Last edited:
There is also here this problem: I have finished the curse of the first moon : I'm making Lucas & Justine Le Moigne side-quests and the first thing I have to go to the tavern in Tortuga and meet Thomas Tipman. But when I meet him, he does not say anything. And in fact, in hispaniola, I'm not land on anyone shore and I'm forced to go to the fort. I know I've forgotten something before, but I tried to remake and nothing ....:unsure

What are your relations with the French & the Spanish? -

If they are hostile & you are flying a Flag of a nation that is Hostile to them then you will have trouble going to the Ports of their towns.

:duel:

I have the Black Pearl ... and then when I go to the store of the seller cuba tells me to go or else called the guards

when I go to the store of the seller cuba tells me to go or else called the guards
What are your nation relations, what nation does "Cuba" belong to in your game (I assume you mean Havana?) and what flag are you flying?

for relation, please look at the attachment. In this moment there are pirated (with black pearl)

Attachments

• Pubblicazione1.jpg
    Pubblicazione1.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 176
I posted the question on the other side because I misspelled the point at which I had arrived...

Last edited:
Back