• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Cannot port on Barbados island

aloysiop

Landlubber
Hi, im playing the current version of the game free-play mode, currently lv15 and i did went to Barbados, all working just fine. But now i cant fast-travel or moor around barbados, can only fast travel to other ships. When pressing enter only the other ships around the island appear. Barbados is the only island with this problem. I cant find where this problem started or why. How do i upload my save here, so someone can test it as well? Thx for the help and sry my bad english

Welcome to the forums

Thx for the help and sry my bad english

Not a problem - this is a very multinational community

What Realism Setting are you playing on

See Main Menu > Options > Realism

If you are on Realistic setting (the default setting) - you won't be able to Fast Travel to an island's Ports or beaches until you have found them first by sailing to them ( unless you have a map of the island ).
So if this is the first time you have been to Barbados you have to sail round the island to find these places first to activate fast Travel to them.

To upload a Save you first have to put the save in an archive ( 7-zip or winzip - or another archive program) - then you can upload the archive here.

:doff

I'm playing Arcade mode, and as i said i had already found all the ports and beaches in the island. I was coming back, but now i can only go to other ships or the world map. They arent hostiles. Tried sailing manually, still cant moor. Thx for replying!

Tried uploading the save file, is this correct?

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 204.rar
    775.6 KB · Views: 97
What flag are you flying, what nations do the ports belong to and what are your nation relations?

I went there again, and used sail-to to one of the ships in the island. Once teleported there was a storm (was sunny) and all the ships had their flags white. Still cant port in the island. Adding screenshot .
potcnh.png

Quest related to Barbados, Mysterious plants and Church protection. Have a couple others too, Toff's daughter , deliver cargo, Hard larbor assassin..

I have just tried your Save ( your upload is correct :onya )

Your save shows that you are playing on Realistic mode - perhaps something got changed somewhere.

Try changing the selection in Options > Realism - back to Arcade ( or if it shows Arcade - change it to Realistic then back to Arcade ) and see if that helps.

:drunk

Hi Talisman, could u port in Barbados? I tried changing to Realistic and the flags of the other ships turn white same as screenshot above. Back to normal when returned to Arcade.

Same here - I tried direct sailing to both Bridgetown & Spieghtstown on Barbados - at both places no anchor symbol showed - so I could not go to the Port.

Tried on Grenada and the Fast travel to Beaches & Ports showed up & worked Ok on that island.

So I don't know what is happening.

I found this entry in your Ships Log . - Saying that you were considered a Pirate - I don't know if it affects anything ( since it was 4 months ago ).
Pirate _ShiplogEntry.jpg

Also in my compile log - don't get any mention of Bridgetown fort remembering me - only Speightstown :shrug

Best thing I can suggest at the moment - is if you have any earlier Saves - try those and see if you can sail and Land on Barbados using one of them.

:drunk

Attachments

• compile.log
    14.3 KB · Views: 115
  • system.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
:ahoy

Also try using Saves that are not made on the World Map - and see if that makes a difference.

:cheers

Maybe this entry saying i was considered a pirate affects, cause i tried my saves and only the very old saves enable me to direct sail to this places. I cant even sail to Bridgetown, Spieghtstown, or any other place in the island, can only sail to other ships or back to world map.

I guess ill have to start a new game...

Maybe this entry saying i was considered a pirate affects, cause i tried my saves and only the very old saves enable me to direct sail to this places. I cant even sail to Bridgetown, Spieghtstown, or any other place in the island, can only sail to other ships or back to world map.

If it is the action that caused that entry - then youshould not be able to land at any island - because all nations should be at war with you.

But I was able to land at Grenada OK. :shrug

That screenshot indicates the game thinks it is on Realistic Game Mode for some reason, not on Arcade. Make sure you do switch to Arcade.
Switching realism modes in mid-game only sort-of works. Some changes do and some don't.
You might want to switch to Arcade Game Mode, then start a New Game and see if it does seem normal in that new game.

I found this entry in your Ships Log . - Saying that you were considered a Pirate - I don't know if it affects anything
It wouldn't. :no

Yea, if was the action i would be able to sail to the fort at least. And the ships would attack me, but i still neutral to England so...

Pieter, i did switch realism modes and didnt work. Other saves that are not this FreePlay campaign works and also new games. I just wanted to now what caused this so i could maybe avoid the problem. Thx for replying :cheeky

I recommend just starting a new game.
Haven't the foggiest what happened, but I suspect it was some realism mode confusion.
If you start the game at Arcade and keep it at Arcade, I think it should be fine.

Back