• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Cannot use items

Kjetil

Ideator
Hello,

I have Build 14 Beta 4.1 WJP 13 April 2017.

I encountered a bug just now where items like bandage rolls and antidotes in my inventory can no longer be used.
a98bdd88255b0449f9cf865c0a11c130.jpg

Trying to fix this I also found that all my inventories had an invisible item, except medications:
0802e415d941c09077c7f9dc6c598cec.jpg

I have tried to both equip and toss this item. Nothing happens.

When checking my weapons locker in the captain's cabin, I saw more invisible items!
8d0ee85a0008963e93252dea671d8092.jpg

I thought the bug could have been caused by having healing potions, so I tossed them. Didn't work.

I have compiled all the files required in a rar-file.

Attachments

• Various files.rar
    633.1 KB · Views: 201
I managed to replicate the bug by running out of bandage roll. I did this twice. It also happened when the bug occurred for the first time, but I didn't really pay any attention to it. I appears the cause of the bug is running out of bandage rolls, or perhaps other items as well.

I couldn't bother with gunpowder and bullets anymore, but I do not remember when I did so. I have not changed any mod settings after starting this save.

Changing that setting might be the reason.
I remember there was something not right with that particular toggle. :keV

To help out with the powder, you could also get yourself a gunner.
He should auto supply you and your officers with ammo whenever you go to sea.

It worked putting the settings back on, but now the merchants have an invisible item in their stock, making it impossible to find one with bullet and gunpowder holders. I guess changing certain settings during a game is not necessarily a smart thing to do...

Traders do not stock every item available. Even if you have not touched any settings and everything is working as it should, you will not find ammo pouches and gunpowder barrels on sale everywhere - they are very rare, so when you do find them, stock up!

Sure, I didn't check all of the archipelago, but they didn't have bullets and powder as well, when I come to think of it.

They won't have bullets or powder if you have disabled the ammo mod. Check your settings in the "Options" menu and make sure the one for requiring powder and bullets is still on.

Failing that, delete the file "options" which you'll find at the top level of the game installation folder. You will then need to go into the "Options" menu to put back any custom settings you prefer, e.g. controls. The file sometimes gets corrupted, or may have become confused if you disabled the powder and ammo mod, played for a while and then put it back.

Try to press F11 to reinitilize and see if that does any good.

Can someone replicate this? I might be able to try myself later, but this sounds very weird.
From what I understand you just need to get some bandage rolls and use them all, that should trigger the bug and you should now not be able to use any other items like antidotes.

Back