• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't board anyone, can be boarded

Well done! :onya That saves me some time on working the bug patch next week. I only plan on doing the one patch that will fix a few of the problems you guys are complaining about. The mast edits for CTDs and this will be two of the primary fixes. Not doing any more work on GOF 1.2 after that.

MK

I dsable the talk to ship option by commented the related line in the BattleInterface.c.
The surrender mod still work. The Talk to ship interface happear if a ship is surrending to me, but I can't select it anymore.
In attached my BattleInterface.c.
Thanks in advance,
I will try later.:onya

INext week I will set aside some time one day to scrub GOF 1.2 and see if I can fix a bunch of stuff and release a patch. Maybe Luke will help me.

MK

To be honest this is very annoying and is game breakig, so yes i will help you fix this bud and hopefully have a game that plays as it should.

Hi, is there a fix for that problem? I was able to board ships without problems even without a bosun, but ever since I captured sea wolf I can not board anyone, but can be boarded. I tried solution of changing BattleInterface.c and remove talk menu, but did not solve problem. Get on a shore changed settings to default, then placed back and tried, but still no change.

Ship Sea Wolf (also tried some rank 6 ships available in shipyard)
Navigation (officer) 45 / My character 16 +29
Grappling (officer) 41 / My character 10 +31
Pirate Nation

to ensure it has nothing to do with angle/speed/distance etc. I demasted an enemy ship and literally parked next to it (so that I hear the ships touching with waves) both speed 0. No boarding option.

Unfortunately this is very game breaking, and it is scary that it happened later, so even with a new game it might repeat :(
Any help is greatly appreciated !

yes several times, with different combinations (like on land, on sea, with different ship etc.) Battle interface is gone, but still can not board (but can be boarded)
Mod Options -> manually set them all to default, reinit, accept -> tried (no boarding)
then tried
Mod Options -> manually set them all to default, reinit, accept -> then set mod options to my previous settings,reinit,accept -> tried (no boarding)

If there is anything I can check on my system I would like to be of further help, thanks !

I'm baffled actually. Never seen anything like not being able to board before. We've had problems with the nations files in the past, but it didn't exhibit the error until you were ready to fight the captain.

Let me ask you...did you make code changes to any files during the game? Sometimes when a lot of changes are made and numerous reinits are executed, corruption happens.

When I have a game I really like and I am making lots of code/script changes, I always make tons of saves - Both F6 quicksaves and actual interface saves.

It always sucks when something like this happens. So frustrating. Sorry

MK

I did actually change cannon_init.c alot for testing different settings, but cannons and boarding seems to be very unrelated?

I did actually change cannon_init.c alot for testing different settings, but cannons and boarding seems to be very unrelated?
Did you use talk menu before to change the BattleInterface file?
I had the same problem, then I disable the talk menu, and restart a game. Then I never see the boarding problem again, until now, but I'm just at the mission 8 of the pirate quest line.
I'm afraid that this is one of the many random problems caused by save game corruption. I suggest to load a game when the problem didn't happened and retry.

I just started a new game deleting old profile, with same setup as pirate nation, will keep you noticed about how it goes, thanks !

I have the same problem...I play a Dutch character and NPC can board me but I can't board any ship :-/ what should I do with the file mentioned above? Replace the original and that should be it? Cause I did it and when I load the game I still can't board anything - the only thing that changed is, that "talk menu" is no longer available. Could you tell me exactely what to do with this?

I'll have to see how this plays out in GOF 2.0, because the surrender feature is also included in this mod although not in the same way, the coding is different. But i also haven't had a single ship surrender or accept a demand of surrender. So it might not be working correctly. But i have used ship speak many times and so far no problems.

I also have the same problem now i cant board i even started a new game and still the same problem :aar

Hello. Sorry, I'm new on the forum and with GOF. I also have the same problem playing with Jack Aubrey, I guess the problem started after I found one companion with its own ship. Now I really cannot board anymore, let's say I can board ships only sometimes, and I don't understand which are the one I can board. But the first kind that I could not board anymore where the pirate ships, and then progressively I couldn't board anymore. :modding

Now: I don't really understand the last answer of Giuliootto : shall I, in any way, re-compile the game including your BattleInterface.c to solve the problem? Where do I get the other source code of the mod (*.h especially)? I guess BattleInterface.c is producing battleinterface.dll, isn't it? Do you have a makefile or something? Is there a SVN of the project?

Anyway, I have some C/C++ programming skills, and I like this mod a lot, so if you need some help, I would be happy to (try to) contribute to the project when I have some time.:modding

one more question:
If I begin another game with my current version of the mod (1.2) with a different character will I find the same problems, or will it work?Did you post a patch somewhere?

Thanks a lot :bow

Cheers :ahoy

Hello. Sorry, I'm new on the forum and with GOF. I also have the same problem playing with Jack Aubrey, I guess the problem started after I found one companion with its own ship. Now I really cannot board anymore, let's say I can board ships only sometimes, and I don't understand which are the one I can board. But the first kind that I could not board anymore where the pirate ships, and then progressively I couldn't board anymore. :modding

Now: I don't really understand the last answer of Giuliootto : shall I, in any way, re-compile the game including your BattleInterface.c to solve the problem? Where do I get the other source code of the mod (*.h especially)? I guess BattleInterface.c is producing battleinterface.dll, isn't it? Do you have a makefile or something? Is there a SVN of the project?

Anyway, I have some C/C++ programming skills, and I like this mod a lot, so if you need some help, I would be happy to (try to) contribute to the project when I have some time.:modding

one more question:
If I begin another game with my current version of the mod (1.2) with a different character will I find the same problems, or will it work?Did you post a patch somewhere?

Thanks a lot :bow

Cheers :ahoy

a quarter of hour later:
Actually: I just noticed that there is the GOF2.0 mod, I'll try it first. Sorry for this post, again, if you need help...

:ahoy matey!

Those who could answer your questions are not around right now, so you are kind of on your own for now.

Looks like it happened to me. I can't board any more. Reloading previous saves doesn't help. Is there any solution??

Back