• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Can't board Black Pearl in Sea Hawk storyline

Marki

Sailor
Hi
I'm playing the main quest in Beta 3 Full. When I have defeated the Flying Dutchman, after the cabin scene, the screen where one can assign an officer to command the captured ship only shows up for a short moment, then immediately the movie scene with the fd sinking shows up. No possibility to keep the fd. I've tried it several times, also with a savegame with playing almost the whole temple scene again.
Could it be an issue with the movie scenes? Can I "deactivate" the movie scenes, so the "assign screen" would probably show up correctly? Thanks for your help.

Edit by Levis: Flying Dutchman is supost to be the Black Pearl

Last edited by a moderator:
The Flying Dutchman? When do you get to capture the Flying Dutchman? :shock

And you can get the Flying Dutchman in another way you know. ;)
Find an infamous pirate somewhere in the Caribbean(but that has a little problem at the moment,so sorry) and you'll know what to do next.
EDIT: Well, it has problems with the latest version. I think its still good with Beta 3 Full.

Last edited:
Hi
I'm playing the main quest in Beta 3 Full. When I have defeated the Flying Dutchman, after the cabin scene, the screen where one can assign an officer to command the captured ship only shows up for a short moment, then immediately the movie scene with the fd sinking shows up. No possibility to keep the fd. I've tried it several times, also with a savegame with playing almost the whole temple scene again.
Could it be an issue with the movie scenes? Can I "deactivate" the movie scenes, so the "assign screen" would probably show up correctly? Thanks for your help.
Do you mean the Black Pearl? The Flying Dutchman appears during one of the side quests, she is nothing to do with the main quest. You can't capture the Flying Dutchman because she can't be boarded at all.

The Black Pearl is the ship which appears at the end of the main quest and you should be able to capture her. I'm also playing Beta 3 and have captured her. Several other ships caused trouble similar to what you describe when I tried to board them, but the Black Pearl wasn't one of them otherwise I'd be back to playing Build 13 by now! Did you try to assign an officer to take the Black Pearl as a prize ship, or did you take command of her yourself? I already had a full set of four ships so could not take the Black Pearl as an additional prize, nor could I swap ship to take command of her and then put an officer on my previous ship. So I swapped ships and lost my previous ship.

Can you post a saved game from before you engage the Black Pearl? The one from before entering the temple will do.

If it is indeed the Black Pearl, I did put some code in place quite a while ago to prevent the next quest case from starting before you finished capturing her.
But that has been included since Beta 2.1:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 2.1:
- Storyline Updates:
  . Standard storyline Capture Black Pearl scene fixed by Pieter Boelen

come on, which pirate would mistake the Black Pearl with the Flying Dutchman? :pirate07:me. let's not talk about it anymore, mkay?
@DavyJack thanks, yes i know mr. Vanderdecken, you're right, i just accept the sinking of the Pearl and go on.
@Levis i'll test the perks mod.
@Grey Roger i only had one ship, the Sovereign. no chance to swap ships, assign an officer or whatelse, the screen goes after 0.1 second. i'd like to upload a savegame, but it does not work with "upload a file", the saves are just not on the list with "all files" chosen.

i'd like to upload a savegame, but it does not work with "upload a file", the saves are just not on the list with "all files" chosen.
It'll work if you put it in a ZIP first.
I've like to test the capture of the Black Pearl; I know I tried to fix it, but I never got around to testing it properly.

i noticed the following: before you go to sea to fight the Pearl there's a movie scene announcing the fight with the Pearl. this video sometimes plays correctly, sometimes breaks or is not showing up at all. my Laptop is one of these intel graphics 4000 shitty machines, could it be my computer just cannot handle these movie scenes 100 percent correctly? and therefore the correct boarding of the Pearl is broken?

That would suck. :rumgone

On the other hand I have captured the Black Pearl several times and the movies played correctly.:shrug

Moved this to the bugtracker. Will take a look at it later.
I believe even if a video doesn't show completly you should still be able to go on.

but another watching: just after the 0.1 seconds and before the movie scene with the sinking Pearl the quest book bell is ringing, so it could also be the quest book update that is breaking the "assign an officer screen". :shrug:checklist

That does sound to be the problem. Except I didn't think it should do that anymore. Will test with your save tomorrow. :doff

I see what the problem is.
The directsail mod overwrites the mapenter win condition. Let's see how to fix this.

Code:
case "MapEnter":
        // LDH added 21Feb09
        if (CheckAttribute(refCharacter,"directsail1.QuestCheckMapEnter"))    // set in Directsail upon islandswitch
        {
            DeleteAttribute(refCharacter,"directsail1.QuestCheckMapEnter");
            return true;
        }
        return IsEntity(&worldMap);    //TIH bugfix from stock //return IsEntity(worldMap);
    break;

Maybe "SeaEnter" does work, let's see.

Wait. Have you uploaded and installed the latest installer dated April 13, 2014? There was a problem earlier with the movies playing too soon, but that was fixed some time ago.

@Marki
Please place this file in:
..\PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests
And let me know if it works.
I don't have time to test it myself, sorry.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    687.1 KB · Views: 151
I see what the problem is.
The directsail mod overwrites the mapenter win condition. Let's see how to fix this.
Interesting. I always though that while DirectSail DOES trigger MapEnter, it didn't do so immediately.
"SeaEnter" is a newly added option though, which is definitely worth a try. Good idea. :onya

tested it, worked: perfectly. :onya:pflaggreat work. the Pearl is too nice, i have to skip my bit of game progress and keep her.:) two more saves, one the whole temple adventure, the other right before the battle with the Pearl, so you can board very quick with special ability and instant boarding to test if you want: Thanks for your help and skill!

Attachments

• saves.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
Nice one, @Levis! :cheers

@Marki, can you confirm the quest does continue properly after capturing the Pearl?
And that she does change properly into the uncursed version?

Back