• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Can't board Black Pearl in Sea Hawk storyline

Pirates! My engine.exe now needs compatibility mode (xp, service pack 3) to run properly and I have no idea why. Is it possible there is a correlation to the changes in quest reaction.c? :shrug I suppose not. But to make sure there is no correlation, I decided to post it in this thread. I guess that's another issue, right?

I have been updating my POTC install all year and it runs just fine without having to resort to compatibility mode. Been playing all day today. Could it be an Intel thing?

@Hylie Pistof I put the old quest reaction c into the game again, took an old save and the engine crashed several times when I tried to load a save without comp. mode, so I guess the quest reaction c has really nothing to do with it, so copied the new one in again. but compatibility mode? suddenly? I should copy the whole thing on my desktop and see

I've got no clue why suddenly the game would require Compatibility Mode.
Myself, I have been using the XP SP 3 mode for years on PotC because it does seem to behave better.
But if I run the game without it, it does still work. Only sometimes it loads half outside the screen for no apparent reason. :facepalm

On my desktop (GeForce 660 instead of Intel graph. 4000) everything is fine, no comp.mode required, so it's just my laptop that decided to become a little shittier than it was before :onya

Oh! It was running the intel graphics before. Look at the links in my sig for a fix.

Back