• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help can't buy gunpowder at store

Freibeuter

Landlubber
hi @ all,
i have a problem. i just started a new game and changed the realism settings (arcade -> realistic) and the game preferences. now i need gunpodwer but i can't buy it at any store. i tried several stores. i changed the settings before i started the new storyline (standard story). does anyone know what i have to do ??

Thanks in advance

sorry if my english isn't the best.

That's strange. Even if gunpowder is contraband thanks to the new commerce system, that should only be the case at one colony.

Is gunpowder in the store with 0 stock, is the "Buy" button greyed out, or does it just not show up at all? Also, which version of powder do you mean? There are two - one is a supply which you buy by weight and which is needed for your cannons, the other is an item which is needed for your pistols.

If you've only just started a game, try starting a new one and see if the problem is still there. In fact, even if you've made progress in your current game, try starting a new game anyway and make sure to give it a different profile name so you don't wipe your current game. Or copy all your saved games to some other directory, then if you do accidentally wipe them, you can put them back.

i mean the gunpowder which is need for cannons, the other one i can buy without any problem. the gunpowder button not show up at all. i also tried to start a other story but it is the same. can i manual activate the buy option for gunpowder ? for information i use the beta 3.1

Definitely weird. There's nothing to activate, gunpowder should be in the store along with cannonballs and other cannon ammo. Press F2, open the "Colonies" tab and look at the goods for the town where you are - is gunpowder listed as contraband?

Can you post a saved game? I'm also playing Beta 3.1 and have had no trouble finding gunpowder, and it also means I should be able to read your saved game files.

yes gunpowder is listed as contraband at the town but this is weird, why is there gunpowder listed and i definitely can't buy it. i tried it in speightown, martinique and nevis, maybe in guadeloupe too. i decided to reinstall the game and the mod. maybe in changed the "internalSettings.h" too often ( >10, <20) and i modified the mod, but only some textures and the "ship_init.c".

after the reinstall everything work fine ! i also modded the game like i did before and it sill works. if i import my "old" savegame i still can't buy gunpowder. if i start a new game i have no problems.
@ Grey Roger, if you want i can upload my "old" savegame file maybe you can find out why it was not possible to buy gunpowder.

thanks for the help !!

hi @ all,
i have a problem. i just started a new game and changed the realism settings (arcade -> realistic) and the game preferences. now i need gunpodwer but i can't buy it at any store. i tried several stores. i changed the settings before i started the new storyline (standard story). does anyone know what i have to do ??

Thanks in advance

sorry if my english isn't the best.

I think you can turn on or off gunpowder in game settings on Options menu. You can also do it for food and rum being consumed or gunpowder for pistols and muskets.

I think you can turn on or off gunpowder in game settings on Options menu. You can also do it for food and rum being consumed or gunpowder for pistols and muskets.
You are correct but would't that destroy the Realism Mode? :p

You are correct but would't that destroy the Realism Mode? :p

Hey, I just made a guide about how to turn off or on gunpowder. I know that in Realism Mode it's strange, but... everyone has his own feelings about how Realistic Mode should be realistic :p xD

Gunpowder as contraband? That doesn't sound right. That new "Economy" system clearly does still need some more work. :facepalm

Back