• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't capture Black Pearl

BLSPBlackDeath

Landlubber
I nearly finished the storyline but I can't capture the Black Pearl.
Everytime I try to capture the screen changes and I can see only water without ships and rain.
I can do nothing exept exchanging things with myself?!?
It won't load the Shipdeck, it seems.

And another bug is, after I have used the "make-blackpearl-possible-to-get-hurt-thing" the weather sound disappears.

Huh. I captured the Black Pearl at Cozumel just a few days ago and it went well. Well, it worked anyway. Some ships did not have flags.
The shipdeck for the Black Pearl is missing many textures. I reported this many months ago, but it still works.

So. What is different between you and I? How far back can you go with your saves? I presume you have tried this several times?
I am drifting towards thinking it might be a hardware issue. I mean that because of the unfinished shipdeck it may be difficult to load and your hardware fails to accomplish this task. Perhaps a coder could help.

One other thought. Are you using the American or European version of POTC?

European Version.
Actually I was looking into the code. By comparing the code of ShipDeck6 and ShipDeck7 in Ship.c I found out that my "...locations\decks\deckBP" is missing.
Ok I did a reinstall and there is no deckBP. Well there is a deckBP_new after the installation of Build 14 beta 2.1 but it get erased after I run the run.bat.

I found a solution:
you need to copy the above mentioned deckBP_new to "...locations\decks\ and rename it deckBP. Then copy the missing files from deckBig to deckBP and it works and no textures missing.

Aha! :thumbs1 Could you post these files so that Pieter can put them into the next patch?

But... but... but. I DO have a RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\deckBP folder and I double-checked before uploading the original Beta 2 Full file that it results in my own exact game version! :shock
Hylie, could you double-check your files if you already have it or not?

:facepalm I should have done that right away. I have that folder in my latest beta 2.1 with beta 2.2 added install. I no longer have a plain beta 2.1 install.

I compared the files in deckBP with deckBig and they are all the same number, size, and date except for deckBig in the deckBP folder, which is newer. I suspect that is the source of the missing textures.

BLSPBlackDeath: What version of POTC are you playing?

Missing TEXTURES? I thought the problem was with a missing MODEL?

The files in deckBP should be exactly the same as deckBig, except for deckBig.gm, because that is the file that makes the Black Pearl use the black deck texture instead.

For BLSPBlackDeath it was a missing folder. Now he has the standard one renamed to deckBP.

I no longer remember what the problem is, but it sure looks like missing textures. The deck is black with no details at all.

EDIT: I just looked in the GMs with a hex editor and deckBP is calling for textures that are not there.

If there are MISSING textures, the deck would be grey. If it's black, that proves that it IS loading the textures.

Missing folder = missing model files, so I understand that would cause a problem with the game. However, the fact that you DO have the folder, proves that the installation procedure should be working properly.
It sounds to me like RunMe.bat either wasn't run or wasn't run properly. Maybe the game was in Program Files?

Actually for me the RunMe.bat from 2.1 automaticly erased the Folder deckBP_new without creating a Folder deckBP with deckBig.gm in it.
I had to install it again in another directory without running the runme.bat, then take the Folder deckBP_new rename it to deckBP put the files from deckBig except for deckBig.gm in it. and than it worked.

By the way I am running Build 14 Beta 2.2 and it is not in Program Files.

That is really weird. This is what RunMe.bat is coded to do:
Code:
xcopy /Y RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\deckBig\*.*                            RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\deckBP\*.*
xcopy /Y RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\deckBP_new\*.*                            RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\deckBP\*.*
RD /s /Q RESOURCE\MODELS\Locations\decks\deckBP_new
So it first copies deckBig to deckBP, then copies the one file from deckBP_new into it and only then removes the folder. :facepalm

The only thing that concerns me is that if THAT went wrong for you, did anything else go wrong as well? That could mess up your game elsewhere as well. :facepalm

Well the way I have captured the Black Pearl is using one of my officers to be a Captain on the black pearl, that way after the movie you will still have the Black Pearl in your fleet.

Back