• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Can't capture bridgetown for quest?

Scubba-Steve

Landlubber
Hi, i just recently downloaded new horizons, and loving it, of course the little bugs are annoying. Now i stuffed up when on the mission to take bridgetown… i chose to attack by ship, i don't remember seeing a choice to attack by land, and you may be able to guess but i didn't read anything, 'the walkthrough'. Also i deleted any saves prior and now i'm stuck and can not take Bridgetown (Greenford). I haven't been able to find a way around this either (no fix to the bug, or anything to turn a mod off to help or something), so i'm just wandering if there is anything i could do to fix this problem??? or am i done with that storyline?

:ahoy

The last place you have a choice as to whether to attack or not is when talking to Danielle at the lighthouse. From there you can either sail away or choose to attack the fort by sea. Where is your last save at?

My last save is right before i speak to danielle to sail away again and do stuff or attack by sea… so what should i do now?

so what i mean is i sailed away and then came back…

Oh, I thought you attacked the fort and failed and are now stuck.

So, you are ready to attack the fort now? If so, anchor at the lighthouse and talk to Danielle. Agree to attack the fort and you will be teleported into the bay and the battle begins! :ship

nope haven't fixed it, the fort just isnt being destroyed at all, and i die in the first 30 seconds, i have 3 5 tier ships, and a 7 tier ship as bait, he's gone in one shot… they've made it too hard, it's impossible to beat. the strongest cannons, and i can't seem to buy bombs anywhere!!! the walkthrough says to attack by land, but i can't do that?!?!?!

Ill burn though the story quests today and see if i have the same issues.

You have 3 tier 5 ships and 1 tier 7 ship and actually expect to destroy a fort? :facepalm

The minimum cannon size you need to destroy a fort is 18 pounders. The light fluyt of war is too small. Almost all frigates are too small. The Black Pearl is the minimum size you need for this job. The Spiegelretouschip might survive. The 5th rates and the heavy pinnace of war work ok. A Posiedon or Centurion class warship is adequate. Personally I prefer the heavy pinnace of war and the Brandenburg Frigate. :love

You have 3 tier 5 ships and 1 tier 7 ship and actually expect to destroy a fort? :facepalm

The minimum cannon size you need to destroy a fort is 18 pounders. The light fluyt of war is too small. Almost all frigates are too small. The Black Pearl is the minimum size you need for this job. The Spiegelretouschip might survive. The 5th rates and the heavy pinnace of war work ok. A Posiedon or Centurion class warship is adequate. Personally I prefer the heavy pinnace of war and the Brandenburg Frigate. :love

All 3 tier 5 ships have have 18 pound cannons, the tier 7 ship is just used to take 1 or 2 volleys of the forts cannons, i got ahold of bombs, and using them, 2 pinnace and a heavy brig and not even making a dent … i read somewhere that you can't take the original forts because of quests etc. does this mean that i can't take this fort for the quest? or is there something i should be doing different?>

Did you mount carronades on those ships? It sounds like it. I have never used carronades on a fort. I don't know how they would work on the Bridgetown fort as you have to aim very high. I have to position myself where I can use the ocean swells to get the elevation needed, or else I just kill earthworms and gophers. An excellent gunner is also a big help.

Those ships don't have very strong hulls, especially the brig. The 42 pounders in the fort would make short work of them. :nerbz The last time I took that fort I had managed to acquire a Heavy Pinnace of War (54-24 lb) and then went to Vanderdecken and bought the Wicked Wench (36-18 lb) and the San Martin from the Spanish Armada (56-24 lb). All ships took heavy damage but survived.

so i now have 3 tier 2 ships and a tier 3 ship, you're saying that this will work?? i thought it was a bug problem, that's what i've been reading, and couldn't find a solution for it. if this works i'm going to feel so stupid .. haha

YES! i feel stupid, i have played the original game and i could beat them in tier 5 ships, didnt think to get stronger ships.. :D thanks for the help also man!

Damn it! i'm sorry to bother you again man, but there actually is a bug in the taking of the fort now :/ after i take the town, so port, then town, then second part of town, i kill 2 guards and then nothign happens??? the battle music is still going and i cant go through any doors, also the walkthrough says im suppsoe to talk to danielle and go to the prison but she hasnt shown up… i havent spoken to the commander of the fort or anyone for that matter… is this a real bug, i can't find any threads on this one :eek:

Last edited:
Uh ohh. If I remember correctly after you take the 2nd part of town you talk to the commander and then Danielle. The wiki has not been updated to the new sequence of events.

Were you able to save anywhere in there after the sea battle? After I made it past the fort it always worked ok for me.

no, i have to do the fort battle again, but i destroy it so quickly now, and no one shows up after killing the guards, i have a lot of crewmen with me if that does anything?

also danielle is still following me as an officer, i read somewhere that someone had a similar problem but i didn't see a solution for it..

Were you relaxed to sea automatically? I wonder if you triggered the quest at all.

I know I tested this a while back and it worked Ok then.

yeah, as soon as i spoke to danielle, i was attacking the fort … i did have my pirate flag up if that makes a difference?

Ok so its taking slightly longer than i was planing.. i have gotten totally sidetracked trading and exploring the new locations and doing quests i hadent done before :wp

OK! so i've completed the quest now, and i think the problem was hat i had too many followers ??? i think 10 crewmembers, first i told them to go back to the ship and then started the attack, and now it all seems to be working.

Sorry if i wasted peoples time … and at least i found a small bug in the game, (i think) where i couldnt take the fort with so many followers…

Sorry again, hope this helps in some way and is't a waste...

Its too late for me i am already lost to the beginning of a 3 week bender playing nothing but PoTC :type1

And ive also started a Horror of the High Seas Dating Service.

DJ Dateing service.jpg

Back