• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't Capture the HMS Dauntless

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
No matter if she surrenders or if battle my way through her decks, when I try to take the Dauntless and I get to Norrington, there's no way to talk to him like you do other captains. Is this a glitch or what?
dunno.gif

Are you trying to capture the Dauntless after you have completed the Curse of the Black Pearl story :?

I think the Dauntless cannot be captured (when part of the story with Norrington as captain ) because it is a quest ( story ) ship .

I am not certain of this but Capt. Maggee would definately know. :mm

The Dauntless isn't ever supposed to be captured anymore, if I recall. She used to be, until Captain Maggee rewrote that part of the quest.
Originally you had to capture her and Norrington would have a custom dialog, but this wasn't very movie-accurate, so it was changed.

I even tried killing Norrington, but it seems like he got hold of one of the Aztec coins. lol

Yeah someone said you are just supposed to run away from it like in the movie.
If you really want that ship you can buy it from Vanderdecken.
It's one of the 90 gun second rates I believe.

You're supposed to run away from it? Oops. Instead of running away, I sank her ass. haha
icon_mrgreen1.gif

Check out this video of me running circles around her on MoDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/videos/battle-strategy-sinking-the-hms-dauntless

The new version, which has been in the game now for a while.
That's more embarrassing, since you sank the stronger one. I hope you don't do the same to the Victory with the Constitution... :ixi

That's more embarrassing, since you sank the stronger one. I hope you don't do the same to the Victory with the Constitution... :ixi

Well I certainly plan to.
icon_mrgreen1.gif
haha

Spider how did you get that music in the beginning of the video of you sinking Dauntless?

Also I didn't know the Pearl was almost as big as Dauntless.

Well I certainly plan to.
icon_mrgreen1.gif
haha
If this mod had multiplayer (I know it's not possible), then I would love to get into a battle like that with you to see how it would really end...
thpirateshipff.gif

If this mod had multiplayer (I know it's not possible), then I would love to get into a battle like that with you to see how it would really end...
thpirateshipff.gif

OMG I would love that!
icon_mrgreen1.gif
Legendary_Spider with the USS Constitution vs. Armada with the HMS Victory. Both Ships undefeated. Both skilled players. Only one winner. That would be an epic battle of the ages.
thpirateshipff.gif

Spider how did you get that music in the beginning of the video of you sinking Dauntless?

Also I didn't know the Pearl was almost as big as Dauntless.

That was some of the music from the 4th movie that will be included in the new PotC music pack I'm working on and will release as soon as I'm done with it. This one will be replacing the current PotC music pack as soon as I finish it and release it.
me.gif

Keep an eye on this thread below for more updates about the new PotC music pack.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17536-sfx-project/page__p__393476__fromsearch__1#entry393476

Yes, the Pearl is a pretty big ship. It's amazing how fast and maneuverable she is given her size.

Back