• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Cant enter port without getting shot in BraveBlackFlag

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I have started 2games of BFF and I've noticed that when you approach a port the sips of any nation in port shows hostility toward you not just the British. When you check the relations screen the same nations show as neutral or wary.

Indeed you start out on that storyline flying a pirate flag. So careful there....

I am actually flying the Harp, and I get that British are after me. And I get that you can manipulate the national flags to get into ports. What I don't get is I landed on at the port on Martinique under my harp flag bought a new ship same flag and got blasted.

What were your actual nation relations with France at that time?
Relations may have changed because Changing Relations is on in Brave Black Flag.

But the Irish flag is personal, so that shouldn't matter.
If you are a pirate, you still are a pirate even if you hoist your personal flag. You will still be friend for the pirates, and therefore
you cant be friendly with other nations.Remember there is diplomats to handle your relations to other nations. Check your relations
to see what happens when hoisting the personal flag.

You may be a pirate but, unless you've been attacking ships of a particular nation, that nation will not be hostile to you if you fly your personal flag or that nation's flag. If you have been attacking French ships then they'll be hostile and will attack you if you're flying your personal flag.

So pick your enemies. Don't attack every ship you see, otherwise everyone will hate you, meaning you'll only be able to sell your booty at the few pirate ports. Last time I played "Brave Black Flag", I attacked British, Dutch and Portuguese ships, but left French and Spanish ships alone. So, provided I remembered to hoist a French or Spanish flag first, I could sail freely into any French or Spanish port, then trade and repair.

Your actual nation relations as shown in tge F2>Nations Relations menu is what controls how nations treat you.
If a nation is hostile to you, they will fire on you. While your actions do influence your relations, it is the relations themselves that trigger hostile behaviour.

I checked Brave Black Flag though and while you DO start as friendly with the pirates there, you indeed do not start out hostile with everyone else.
But if you start for example the Standard Storyline as a pirate, then everybody will hate you from the start.

Is this solved? I'd still like to know Jason's actual relations. Because while you do start out as a pirate, you aren't actually hostile to most nations in Brave Black Flag.

Only other thing that I can think of is that Jason came in under a real pirate flag and made shore under that flag.
Then he hoisted his personal flag later, but when he got out, the ships at sea still remembered him as being a pirate.
There is actually code in place that could trigger such behaviour. :yes

Back