• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't find Edward Low and his SeaWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I do not understand the problem.
I did this three times to Low, without difficulty, following the directions of the forum.
P.S. You can do the Quest-lines of Governors General after the pirate quest Linney

And I fully believe you in that point,
but I also did everything you pointed out and tried it I guess more than 20 times but still he would not show up. Thats what lets me think that I have to suffer a bug. Its really like the game doesnt notice at all that I am in the cumana area for real and for that reason refuses me the log update!!!

Other question: I couldnt find a summary of the pirates quest line on this forum. Can someone please list the different quests? No need for walkthrough I just want to know the order of the quests. How many do I have to accomplish for the pirates faction till I get the Linney Quest (Thank you, giocoso, for the info) ?

okay i finally got it.. damn~ so i was stupidly uninstalled COAS without making any backup for my savegames(damn i feel like an idiot after i found edward) luckily i got another backup from old version.. so this time i play with the original mod..

so there's 2 thing i can conclude 1st is i didnt talk to jackman after talking to the shipyard guy.. during my fail attempt.. for the success attempt i i did juz tat n as soon as i enter cumana sea mode my logbook updated..

solo did u talk to jackman in bermuda? he will ask u to kill edward for him too.. so if u didnt then u better start tat quest all over..

my 2nd conclusion is the mod itself since im playing again wif out the combined mod... well i think this is highly unlikely..

gosh now i have to start it all over again.. n im so rich in my previously gone savegames...

newayz, goodluck for u solo n thx guyz..

I couldnt find a summary of the pirates quest line on this forum. Can someone please list the different quests? No need for walkthrough I just want to know the order of the quests. How many do I have to accomplish for the pirates faction till I get the Linney Quest..?
Do not remember the page in the forum that talks about the quest-line pirate.
I have game in Italian. This is order of the quests (google translate! xD: ):
1- Goodley of Puerto Principe
2- Favor of Morgan
3- Dark mark
4- Find and kill Edward Low
5- The trip pearl Morgan
6- Question of reward
7- Go to Jackman
8- Finding Steve Linney
9 -The campaign of Panama
But the line of governors must do so after the 8th, not after the 9 ^.
If you go by the governor after the 9 ^, he accepts the letter but does not give you missions.

@Barti
Sorry to hear that you have to start over again. I definitly talked to Jackman too. Really I did everything what I was supposed to do and thats why I was so annoyed by this particular quest. Other than that the game is pure fun. I love it and if I hadnt done the coas mission I would start over again too. :sail
Happy Sailing

@giocoso
Thanks for the listing of quests. :onya I didnt find them on this forum so sorry for the extra work if they were already here and I was too stupid to find them. :shrug

Love this forum. I think the most people would be really helpless without it.

Thx all and have fun playing

I think Officerpuppy did some ship class changing in the CM if you are both using it post this problem on the BUG tracker for it as it could very much be that

Ok I will do that later on!
Ok i what to test this out now, i need a few things. At what part of the pirate questline does the quest to hunt for Edward become available then i can simply advance straight to that level and hopefully find out if it is as cpt Maggee say's it might be the new mod due to the reshule of ships in each class.

Ok its questline 4, i will now test that quest out. :onya

Yeah,
its the one right after "the dark mark". If you need any info about which quests I had active while trying to solve the seawolf quest you can just let me know and I will check my logbook. At first I thought I might have messed it up because after I got the seawolf quest I wanted to do the coas questline first (kill the beggars already was active when getting seawolf quest) but anyway it shouldnt make a big difference which quest one does first. :shrug

Good luck with the testing. I hope you can figure out whats wrong with that quest. It was really annoying and it took quite a while til I found out I can just go straight to Morgan and succesfully "fail" the quest. :onya

BTW you modder guys just ROCK :doff Thanks a lot for the combined mod!!!
I think if I had started the stock game I would already have stopped playing the game cause of the massive bugs. Thats really a shame for the developers.

Thanks Cpt. Solo, we are working hard to iron out those bugs, i noticed a few errors in the dialogs for the Edward Low quest, which need fixing, luckily i saved because when i spoke with the shipyard owner at Bermuda i was given 2 options either say Edward is my friend or say he betrayed Morgan, i said he was my friend the first time and was killed by invinsable gaurds lol, luckily i saved before speaking with the shipyard awoner, i'm now on my way to Cumana so i should soon find out if the bug is fixed in the latest mod, i'm using what was a class 5 ship in COAS CM V2, its the Barquentine which is fully upgraded at Bermuda. I only have 24 IBS cannons mounted so it might be a long drawn out fight if all goes well and the log is updated when i reach Cumana.

I also have the beggers quest active too but as you said other quests shouldn't effect each other in less they cross paths ie, you need to speak to one of the characters you need to kill in another quest, we shall see though. :onya

The thing with the invincible quards happened to me, too, the first time I tried... but if there is one thing I really learned from this forum is: SAVE SAVE and again SAVE, so I luckily had a savegame right before that speech with the guy.
Did you afterwards speak to Jackman, like the logbook tells you to do? Thats what I did and then sailed with an upgraded sloop to cumana... well, you know the rest of the story.... he never showed up.

I thourght you could use any class 6 ship guess i miss read that part, anyway i'm now using a Sloop not upgraded so will make for a good battle, i did speak with Jackman before setting sail, and now in Cumana i have had the log update to say there is a Brig attacking Lugger's and Sloop's hence the reason i switched ships, but i have had a no show from Law yet, do i have to sail in world map or in 3D mode?

Hmm....
I dont really know, but I think I read somwhere on this forum that,
if you already have the log update aboute pirate attacking sloops and luggers BEFORE reaching Cumana (you can ask for e.g. the bermuda tavern owner right after you spoke to jackman to get this rumour), right after you reach cumana area and enter seamode you should get another log update and therefore see the seawolf in the "sail to"
If you didnt speak to a tavern owner before sailing to cumana You could also enter cumana (thats what I did the first time with spanish trade license) and get the same rumour from the local tavern owner and should then, by starting from port in seamode get the new log entry.
Anyway, nothing of that worked for me. Dont know if Im a real help for you bug research but I'll do my best :rolleyes:

PS: When saying "seamode" I mean 3D mode, of course.
(sorry for my english)

PPS: I'm now "setting sail" directly into my bed ;) . See you tomorrow.

LOL, well if thats how its ment to work then it clearly isn't working for either of us, this is indeed a problem that needs fixing, i entered Cumana without any diplomatic papers, i'm playing as English who are at war with Spain but i raised the Spanish flag entered the city and with 100% stealth i think everything ok. But no log update. I'm sailing to the east of the port in sailing mode at the port are two ships a Cutter and a Sloop no other ships in sight. I will keep searching if no luck then i will try once again asking questions to see if there is any other news about the Seawolf maybe some other log entery is made before you get the option to search for the ship. :shrug

Ok its offical this quest is not working.

No problem bud. :onya

The quest isn't broken because if you use the Tartan or other class 7 ship the log entery is updated and you can search for the ship but you must use the ship that activates the log entery to update, i already tried changing back to a class 6 ship after the update. While asking questions i activated the Flying Dutchman quest too, so i was crapping myself that the Dutchman would stop my progress with the Law quest and i would be forced to start again or finish the Dutchman quest first.

Anyway it didn't effect the quest and i did in fact complete the Law quest all be it out numbered and out gunned, my tartan had no guns and 18 crew against a 24 gun Brig which had 248 crew, i lost 2 crew due to musket fire durring boarding and a further 8 crew was killed in the fierce battle, but we won the battle, Law was killed and the ship is mine. I do all my tests on easiest settings but that makes me wounder how hard it is on the hardest settings.

Thanks, :onya
I already read your answer in the bug tracker. The one thing I never tried in this quest was to actually sail from Bermuda to cumana with only a tartane. But as you can see in my reply on the bug tracker I bought one in cumana after getting the rumour of pirate attacking small ships there and it still didnt work for me as I even then by entering my ship never get a log update. So its definitely confusing. :will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back