• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't get out of jail

Tom Carpenter

Landlubber
Hi all. I'm new and am enjoying this for the first time. Apologies if this is somewhere else, but I've legitimately tried to find it and can't.

As of a few days ago, I installed clean and put on the current build mod. I've not played the game without the build mod, so I don't know how different it is.

However, I am at the point in the game where I am returning to port royal and get arrested and put in jail. My quest says "escape from jail" or something like that, but nothing I do works. When I talk to the guard, all I get is the usual dialogue as if we were in a town, not anything about being in jail. One of the characters in the cell with me says it doesn't have a dilagoue file installed. The other character just complains about being jail. There is also a man outside the cell I can't get to talk to me. (Pressing space does nothing). Am I doing something wrong? I would love to keep playing, but this kind of killed it for me.

When you are in the prison cell the jailer - Edgar Attwood should walk up to the cell and talk to you automatically. hopefully there are no other characters in the jail getting in his way.

Can you play this through from an earlier save and if this does not happen can you exit the game and look in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder for the error log files ( error - system - compile ) and post them as attachments here.

:cheers

could you please provide the error.log from the POTC root folder and your savegame?

No you are doing nothing wrong. This is the situation with the mission part. Which threw me into the freeride/freeplay part of the fans - just sailign around and fighting and that's it, years ago.

This was fixed some time ago. It has worked ok for me for at least a year, and the last time was just last month. I always try to save as soon as I see Danielle in the tavern as it usually takes several tries to get past the guards.

When you are in the prison cell the jailer - Edgar Attwood should walk up to the cell and talk to you automatically. hopefully there are no other characters in the jail getting in his way.
Ah yes, if there are characters in his way e.g. guard, sometimes he waits for the guard to walk away first then talk to you. Just wait, its what happened to me, I thought he won't talk to me but just a few moments later, we started a conversation as soon as the guard left. And sometimes, he'll just talk straight to you even if the guard is there. A little bit annoying however 'cause in the stock game, as soon as the loading screen ends, he'll instantly talk to you:facepalm. Just have a look around first, maybe talk to the other prisoners :p.

And yes, as Sire Hylie suggests, try saving your game first before having the scenario in the tavern or before even talking to Barbossa and Ragetti.

Did it work already?
Else please provide a savegame very close before you go to jail so I can test it and see if I can fix this problem.

Back