• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't get to Hogan

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Build 14 Beta 1 patch 1

I have met Teresa Moreno and sailed to Guadeloupe ( Anse Casse-Bois ) - gone through jungle avoiding French and arrived at Plantation.

Get Plantation Loading Screen - then Teresa talks to me (with French soldiers standing behind her :rofl ) see image.

This is the last dialog I get. I go to Plantation but no Hogan. :no

I think I am supposed to get this dialog next :-

SHARPE -
"Well looks like we've made it to the plantation.",
"Yes it does and just in time ... look at that, behind you.",

TERESA-
"There are far more troops here than the garrison needs, it's more like a fully fledged army.",
"OF COURSE! That's IT! It is an army. In fact it is an invasion army. I must get this information back to Admiral Pellew at once.",
"Don't forget your orders ... and our bargain.",
"I know but this is so important.",
"Look, Hogan is in that big house at the back of the plantation. It would be stupid for you to turn back now without getting his information as well. You never know what further information he might have.",
"You're right of course. I'm just angry at myself for not seeing the situation earlier. Come on, let's go and see Hogan.",

The French soldiers in the Image do NOT move from where they are .

It may be because I am not hitting the trigger point - ( where is it? ).

But at the moment I am stuck :sad

Attachments

• Hornblower  Look Behind You.JPG
    Hornblower Look Behind You.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 252
Hi Talisman.

Can you not walk off into the plantation to the house in there? (That is what you are supposed to do).

It "seems" you may have hit a trap in the previous valley (which should have set the French troops on you) but they seem to be just following you about. odd! :shrug

I will play it through later to see if I can make it happen.

Hi Talisman.

Can you not walk off into the plantation to the house in there? (That is what you are supposed to do).

It "seems" you may have hit a trap in the previous valley (which should have set the French troops on you) but they seem to be just following you about. odd! :shrug

I will play it through later to see if I can make it happen.

:yes I can get to the Plantation house - Francois De Vigny is inside - he tells me to get out or he will call the guards - No sign of Hogan.

What happens is--

I land at Anse Casse-Bois - talk on beach then go to 1st jungle section - Sharpe says hide in bushes - auto hide & watch french troops go into 2nd jungle section - Sharpe talks again then follow French into 2nd jungle section.

There Teresa says - go up to fork in path and take left path - do this - Plantation loading screen - then dialog as per image.

I go to plantation house - Francois De Vigny is inside - he tells me to get out or he will call the guards - No sign of Hogan. That is all that happens :shrug

I have also put the ' visible locators cheat ' on to see if I can find (goto26) for teresa or (goto25) for Sharpe.

The highest goto I can find is 23 & that is by a building at the back of the plantation way behind the house.

I assumed from the dialog that the locator that triggers it would be before you got through the plantation gate but there are no locators at all in the area of jungle between Pointe a Pitre town gate and the plantation - all the locators are within the plantations fencing. :shrug

Hope this makes sense

The locations file doesn't seem right - it should go up to "goto64"

I have put the plantation locator file on the ftp site in my SJG folder.
(although it does seem to be the one uploaded for the patch.)

try replacing it in your game.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the new file. SJG

Put it in my game. - No change

Everything is the same as before

:shrug

Thanks for the new file. SJG

Put it in my game. - No change

Everything is the same as before

:shrug

I have just checked and there are 2 Plantation_Locators.gm files

One is in:- Resource / models / locations / outside / Plantation

The other is in :- Resource / models / Locations / Plantation ( this is the one I replaced ) <- This folder was not there in B14 Beta 01 +Fix So it has been created in patch 1 and the only file in it is Plantation_Locators.gm . The other folder has lots of files in it.

Could this be the problem :shrug

Just met Hogan :dance :dance

The Plantation_locators.gm file in the Resource / models / locations / outside / Plantation

folder is the one that has to be replaced - then all SJG's new locators appear (the original file is dated 13 - 4 - 2009 )

If the one I downloaded from SJG's folder is the same as the one in Resource / models / Locations / Plantation (dated 16-2 - 2010 )

then all you should have to do is move the Plantation_locators.gm file FROM Resource / models / Locations / Plantation TO Resource / models / locations / outside / Plantation.

and everything should be ok.

Thanks for your help SJG :doff

Back