• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Cant load savegames from profile

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
I've run into a bit of weirdness with savegames ever since running the 13th August installer at the start of this thread. I can save games but can't then load them after pressing F1 to get to the main menu. If I click "Profile", the current profile doesn't show up. However, if I quit entirely and start the game again, all the savegames are there to be loaded.

These are all new savegames created after running the installer. When I ran the installer, I deselected main game files so it only installed updates.

I've run into a bit of weirdness with savegames ever since running the 13th August installer at the start of this thread. I can save games but can't then load them after pressing F1 to get to the main menu. If I click "Profile", the current profile doesn't show up. However, if I quit entirely and start the game again, all the savegames are there to be loaded.

These are all new savegames created after running the installer. When I ran the installer, I deselected main game files so it only installed updates.
I had that same issue sometimes with the 11th August version too, the previous one. I had that issue with the Free Play Storyline of Blaze Devlin. Only in that storyline is where I had those problems, though. :confused:

The only time I saw this in an earlier version was when I had enabled cheatmode to do some testing in the "Francis Drake" freeplay. I thought it was a side effect of cheatmode and didn't bother about it. When I'd finished testing I disabled cheatmode, started a new game of "Francis Drake" and didn't have the weirdness. This time it's the "Hornblower" storyline and I haven't enabled cheatmode.

The only time I saw this in an earlier version was when I had enabled cheatmode to do some testing in the "Francis Drake" freeplay. I thought it was a side effect of cheatmode and didn't bother about it. When I'd finished testing I disabled cheatmode, started a new game of "Francis Drake" and didn't have the weirdness. This time it's the "Hornblower" storyline and I haven't enabled cheatmode.
It isn't related to the cheatmode. Try removing the file named "options" from your main game folder.
Sounds like it is the old "profile system gets confused" problem again. :modding

I already tried that before reporting the problem here. ;)
Then see about removing all unneeded files from your SAVE folder. Perhaps that makes a difference?
Better still: Remove EVERYTHING from that folder and put only your latest Hornblower save back.
Then remove "options" again and see if it starts to behave itself a bit better.

Any error logs when opening the load savegame menu?

My superstition is that if you have too many games going at the same time the profile system goes random. I play no more than 3 storylines per install and that might be too many.

I have marked this as an "Engine Limitation" because I think there is very little that can be done about this.
Many things have already been tried, but nothing actually worked.

Well guys just another thing happened.. Started a new game as a merchant so my profile was "Merchant" but suddendly the F5 was not working and could not save the game but in manual way (Esc-Save Game) :modding

Attachments

• compile.log
    72.1 KB · Views: 190
  • error.log
    934 bytes · Views: 205
  • system.log
    37.4 KB · Views: 208
The only issue I have had in regards to saving was when by default it was trying to load "player" profile and it couldn't find it always because it never existed. Thus when in my actual profile saves when i wanted to save it would not show my profile and say that it didn't exist even though a new save did save it into the profile :O

So i created a new game and kept the profile as player, saved one game. Now it finds and saves everything properly in my other profiles the fact that the "player" profile is now there.

You can close this cuz I deleted that profile... Now I am playing with Bartolomeou and each time I am 'bout to load it shows me a "Profile" that have no save games on it but can load my game by changing profiles.

You can close this cuz I deleted that profile... Now I am playing with Bartolomeou and each time I am 'bout to load it shows me a "Profile" that have no save games on it but can load my game by changing profiles.
Yep, this problem still plagues us. We just haven't a clue what to do about it, so we have to make do with work-arounds. :facepalm

I have installed the Beta 4 three days ago. When I'm going to load a saved game, I see no savegames, because my main profile is not active. When I click on the "profile" butten, it's the only profile existing.

The savegames are loading fine, but the extra step before loading them is quite annoying :)

I have installed the Beta 4 three days ago. When I'm going to load a saved game, I see no savegames, because my main profile is not active. When I click on the "profile" butten, it's the only profile existing.
The "profiles" system has always been a bit odd. Often removing the file named "options" from your main game folder helps with such things.
It can also help to just use the default profile name as much as possible.

Other than that, we have tried to fix it, but: Engine Limitation - Cant load savegames from profile | PiratesAhoy!

Back