• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Can't Loot Quest Character(s)

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
Build Version: Friday 6 December 2013
Build 14 Beta 3.1 Full
Tales of a Sea Hawk Story-line

• I used to loot this quest character 'cause we know Quest Characters carry a lot of gold.
  • But after killing Virgile Boon, I can't loot his body. (Image attached)
  • I don't know if this also applies with other quest characters in the game. (.log files attached)
  • But you can check it again and see what might be 'causing this. (Saved Game attached)

Attachments

• seadogs2_0000.jpg
    seadogs2_0000.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 216
  • .log Files.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 167
  • -=Standard Storyline=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port.zip
    665.1 KB · Views: 192
You used to loot him but now you can not? All I see is a huge amount of errors in the error file.

EDIT: I tried to play that save but it will not show up in game.

Last edited:
I think the only thing changed was the "musket firing" thing. I forgot where/what thread was that. I have downloaded a file saying its a fix.
And I don't know if that is related to my said problem. :shrug:facepalm

Don't think so, I have added 6 lines in LAi_boarding.c and it's only concerning the boarding situation.

Is anyone having the same problem? That save works just fine for me. :shrug Just downloaded and tried it again and still, the problem exists. No error log this time.

Attachments

• system.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 201
  • compile.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 196
Well, I'll try that. And did you get like 20 000 gpcs from Boon? I wonder what's wrong at Martinique. I used to kill and loot him there.

Ah you wants the money he'll kept. I know s way to get it. When you'll see Boon the first time a the Saint Pierre Port just talk to him and he'll tell you to go to the harbourmaster right. Now you MUST have one or two passengers on your side. After talking to Boon just move until one of your passengers is standing next to him, then use the transfer icon and move your characters to Boon so the player don't transfer the inventory of your passenger but the inventory of Boon and then you can get his money :)

This works for most characters in the game, you can also do this on Wilfred at the Gray Rock Bay, he'll also carry that amount of money as well does Ewan Glover :)

Good luck!

It's not mine, it's Frank's (westwright) ;). I believe you've answer some of his treads too, he indeed has some nice tricks so thank him, because of him I know about this

Ah you wants the money he'll kept. I know s way to get it. When you'll see Boon the first time a the Saint Pierre Port just talk to him and he'll tell you to go to the harbourmaster right. Now you MUST have one or two passengers on your side. After talking to Boon just move until one of your passengers is standing next to him, then use the transfer icon and move your characters to Boon so the player don't transfer the inventory of your passenger but the inventory of Boon and then you can get his money :)

This works for most characters in the game, you can also do this on Wilfred at the Gray Rock Bay, he'll also carry that amount of money as well does Ewan Glover :)

Good luck!

Hi Davy Jack,

It indeed works as it says above and I have some PrintScreens of it. It's very simple.

1. Let one of your officers stand next to the person you want to loot and then point your character to him/her and go to the Exchange button but don't press it :)

2. Point your characters quickly to the person you want to loot and press exchange (If it fails try it again if you exchange your officer of nothing)

3. You are now in the inventory of the character you want. I have posted some photo's so you can see what I mean ;)

This works for most of the characters in the game but they are a few quest characters you can't loot. You can also do this with Merchants and take all stuff and then sell it again and do this a couple of time and you'll get a lot of money

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• First step.jpg
    First step.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Second step.jpg
    Second step.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Third step.jpg
    Third step.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 201
It's not mine, it's Frank's (westwright) ;). I believe you've answer some of his treads too, he indeed has some nice tricks so thank him, because of him I know about this
Thanks Frank. :beer:
...I have posted some photo's so you can see what I mean ;)
Damn! Those photos are neat! :thumbs1 I wish I have a more appropriate/recommended graphics card, not an intel one. :facepalm:modding And thank you for clearing that up.:)

Back