• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Capping Officer Levels

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
How does the game generate tavern officer levels? Is there a way to alter it? I would prefer that available officers were never of a higher rank than my character, or at least not by more than a few levels.

Their stats add to yours. So wouldn't it be better if they have higher stats? :)

Not if you don't care so much for cheating.

I think the code already does something like this.

I get officers of MUCH higher level.. In fact I don't think I ever get officers of lower level than me. Plus it becomes a waste after a certain point; beyond 30th all they do is cost too much.

I suspect the relevant code to be somewhere in PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_CreateOfficer.c .

I see officers of higher and lower levels than myself. I might hire a high level officer early in the game, but later I only hire low level officers.

Thanks, Peter. I'll check in there now. Yeach, lower level officers are best because you can direct exactly how they develop. A high-level officer lacking a skill you want them to have can hobble their usefulness and they'll go up so slow its not worth the time. Also its immersion-breaking to me.

Back