• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captain Hook

Johanproducties

Landlubber
Hello,

When are you guys going to give the James Hook model an actual hook?
There is a model in the game that actually has a hook for a hand(and a pegleg), could his hand be placed on the Hook model?

I could try it myself, although I have no idea how to do it!:ko

@Jack Rackham: Do you know if that is doable?

Actually, I see you've got the Captain Hook from the film "Hook" in your avatar instead of the version from the 2003 "Peter Pan" movie that is in the mod.
I've got to admit I wouldn't mind seeing the Spielberg version added! I quite like that movie. (And the music even more... :wp )

I can't cut out the hook from the corsair3 model with the TOOL. It has to be done in a
real 3D-program, like Maya or so.

I can't cut out the hook from the corsair3 model with the TOOL. It has to be done in a
real 3D-program, like Maya or so.
So that's not going to happen then, I imagine....

Do you think there is any way of doing a TOOL-combo resembling this guy then?
95fe8a4e8c92a259b04e16a2b53b52eb.jpg

The face, the hat, the hair, the outfit can be done by switching heads, adding extra stuff like more hair etc and retexture.
But the hook will come with the pegleg. Like Barbossa2 got the hook.

I tried to do a retexture of the Modyford model (with the wig and all it seemed perfect), but it looked like crap :p
And the soundtrack to Hook is indeed a masterpiece (like all of JW's soundtracks)!

I tried to do a retexture of the Modyford model
Yes, that one looks like a good start and a hat can be added. But AOP/COAS models don't have
'talking heads' which is a pity. And whithout the hook...

I turn my neighbours and my parents insane with Star Wars and Jurassic Park music blasting 24/7:rofl
I should really get an awesome sound system myself and do that in my home too!
That'll be the most glorious payback ever for that evil hooligan bar down the stairs. :cheeky

Listening to "Journey to the Island" now. After all those years, it's still bloody glorious!
Did you get the new expanded Jurassic Park box set yet?
The complete The Lost World is pretty darn cool. :woot

Yes, that one looks like a good start and a hat can be added. But AOP/COAS models don't have
'talking heads' which is a pity. And whithout the hook...
What if the base model that does have a hook is used?
Or would that not work so well?

But the hook will come with the pegleg.
1 I have to use the Corsair3 for the body. Like I did for Barbossa2,
The head/hat/hair could come from other models.

2 The other possibility is to put together a combo that in all aspects looks like Captain Hook
except for no hook. o_O

3 A small chance if we could find a separate hook model somewhere and succeed in adding it to the model
trying to hide one of his hands with it.

Attachments

• Barbossa2.jpg
    Barbossa2.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 210
A few thoughts:

"Modyford" is perhaps not the best model to use for Captain Hook. He might have suitably long hair but he's a chubby chap, looking more like a stay-at-home aristocrat or governor than an active sea captain. Even if his head was transplanted onto the "Corsair3" model, he'd still have the same chin, or lack thereof.

What happens when a pirate with a hook fires a pistol? In reality, he'd probably shoot, then either throw the pistol away or put it in his belt, then draw the sword, so he's using his good hand for both weapons. (Most likely so would anyone without a hook - if you're right-handed then you'd use your right hand for both weapons.) In the game, you have the sword in your right hand and the pistol in your left. The game doesn't care what your left hand looks like; it draws whatever appendage is provided there by the model, be it hand, hook or tentacle, then puts the pistol in place. So this is what "Corsair3" looks like with a pistol:
hook_gun1.jpg

By default, Captain Hook currently gets the "HMS_Bounty", alias "Armed Merchantman", which is a suitably small ship for a starting character. In the TV series Once Upon a Time there is also a Captain Hook, played by Colin O'Donoghue, whose ship is played by the Lady Washington, quite a film star in her own right. And we now have that ship, as "US_Interceptor":

Perhaps use that as Hook's ship?

"Modyford" is perhaps not the best model to use for Captain Hook. He might have suitably long hair but he's a chubby chap, looking more like a stay-at-home aristocrat or governor than an active sea captain. Even if his head was transplanted onto the "Corsair3" model, he'd still have the same chin, or lack thereof.
:rofl

What happens when a pirate with a hook fires a pistol? In reality, he'd probably shoot, then either throw the pistol away or put it in his belt, then draw the sword, so he's using his good hand for both weapons. (Most likely so would anyone without a hook - if you're right-handed then you'd use your right hand for both weapons.) In the game, you have the sword in your right hand and the pistol in your left. The game doesn't care what your left hand looks like; it draws whatever appendage is provided there by the model, be it hand, hook or tentacle, then puts the pistol in place. So this is what "Corsair3" looks like with a pistol:
:rofl :rofl

In the TV series Once Upon a Time there is also a Captain Hook, played by Colin O'Donoghue, whose ship is played by the Lady Washington, quite a film star in her own right. And we now have that ship, as "US_Interceptor":
Perhaps use that as Hook's ship?
Please do!
I'm pretty sure I gave him the "HMS_Bounty" based on Once Upon a Time in the first place. Thought it was that one, but apparently I made a mistake there.
Of course we didn't have the actual Lady Washington at the time, so this seems like a perfect opportunity for you to recify that! :onya

Fair enough, "initModels.c" will have Hook's ship replaced by "US_Interceptor" in the next post-7th January fix update.

Hi there! Started playing New Horizons again. I just can't stop playing it! I'm a pirates-junky :shock
Then I remembered this thread, which I totally forgot to check!

Listening to "Journey to the Island" now. After all those years, it's still bloody glorious!
Did you get the new expanded Jurassic Park box set yet?
The complete The Lost World is pretty darn cool.
I wanted to get it, but it's really expensive. I'll just wait for a vinyl release of some sorts.

• Jack Rackham said something about hiding a hand with a hook (or he'll have a peg leg), but can't you hide the peg leg with a boot than? :shock

In the Peter Pan book, the Jolly Roger is indeed a brig (in movies it is often a much bigger ship), so that's about the only thing they got right in OUAT. :p

But look at this magnificent bastard from Hook
ccc3acde0cc6b7dc22f05c363c29f9db.jpg

The Jolly Roger from the 2003 version is pretty awesome as wel.
H3257-L96351194.jpg

I wanted to get it, but it's really expensive. I'll just wait for a vinyl release of some sorts.
You can probably find the music itself somewhere if you know where to look.

Jack Rackham said something about hiding a hand with a hook (or he'll have a peg leg), but can't you hide the peg leg with a boot than? :shock
@Jack Rackham?

In the Peter Pan book, the Jolly Roger is indeed a brig (in movies it is often a much bigger ship), so that's about the only thing they got right in OUAT. :p
Hook is barely a pirate in OUAT, but I really appreciate those occasional scenes when he IS! :cheeky

But look at this magnificent bastard from Hook
ccc3acde0cc6b7dc22f05c363c29f9db.jpg

The Jolly Roger from the 2003 version is pretty awesome as wel.
H3257-L96351194.jpg
Both really fun comic book pirate designs. :woot

Maybe better to see if any games compatible with POTC has a character model with a hook
without a peg leg coming with it.

Back