• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Capture Colonies: Issues with Newly Replaced Towns

AGH! Looks like I'm being cross-eyed. Indeed they ARE there so they SHOULD work.
To be tested and confirmed then, I suppose....? :facepalm

IMPORTANT!
Before we make another release, we MUST have confirmed if the recently replaced towns can indeed be captured using Capture Colonies.
Because we don't want to make a Beta 3.3 release that has reduces on the functionality from the previous one. :no

So is anyone going to try to attack Tortuga, Oranjestad, Havana, Santiago and Santo Domingo yet?
We must have confirmed if this works properly!

Tried to capture Santiago , total bugged, when the fort was defeated , I ended up in the water inside a Spanish soldiers body ,
whit the whole town hanging in the sky, over my head . Also the moor icon pub up sometimes under the battle.
To Oranjestad : Can not landing troops there. I captured Willemstad for a nation and for myself , both work fine, no hawk clones.
But whit the ransom sum it crash When Ransacking the town.:mad::rumgone

Do you have savegames just prior for me to try? Also possibly any .log files?

Only this one, Willemstad: Defeated governor. Lost the rest.I will do a clean install , and do it allover again.o_O

Attachments

• -=Player=- Curaçao. Willemstad townhall September 6th, 1813.zip
    796.3 KB · Views: 143
I captured Willemstad for a nation and for myself , both work fine, no hawk clones.
But whit the ransom sum it crash When Ransacking the town.:mad::rumgone
You mean with the "I'll spare the colony only when you pay me *** gpcs of ransom." option? I just tried that on your savegame, but that didn't cause any issues at all.

I'm a bit confused on why the Dutch don't turn hostile though after ransacking their town. Still indication Neutral. :shock

The other issue sounds familiar (and annoying) so I'll be looking into that. :yes

Can not landing troops there.
Looks like you do have the required Land Troops ability.
In addition, you need to destroy all Dutch ships around Aruba and also be hostile with the Dutch to be able to land troops there.

I'm a bit confused on why the Dutch don't turn hostile though after ransacking their town. Still indication Neutral. :shock

The Dutch like to be neutral :p you know that right ;).

Are there any towns that still need to be tested?

What the ***??? This time I gave the town to the Americans and my relation to Holland is still Friendly at 0!!!
Should they not be going to war with someone who just stole one of their towns from them? This just makes NO sense. :modding

On the relation issue, I found and fixed the following:

- RansomColony does make your relation go down, but only by 10.
So if you were quite friendly with the town's nation before, attacking and ransacking the town would not turn them hostile.

Changed now to set you to war if you weren't already at war with them.

- CaptureColony already set your relation to the town's nation to the absolute minimum.
However, if you give the town to another nation, it set the town's nation neutral again. This was most definitely WRONG!!!
So when I gave Willemstad to the pirates, my relation with the Dutch went UP,
the pirates remained hostile and the fort tried to sink me upon me leaving despite ME being the one to just GIVE it to them!

Changed now to set the TARGET nation relation to "amnesty" level instead of you were below that.
So that means you can now become neutral with a nation by capturing a town and giving it to them.
That should be fair enough, no?

You should check if you are at war already, the relation shouldnt go up if you Give away a town of theirs :p

What I did now should behave itself. There is no need for an extra check upon giving a town to another nation,
because when you do that, the original nation is set to the minimum possible relation anyway.
So if that is being done again when you do it to a second town, they'll just hate you as much as they did before. :boom:

I think I found the problem with the new towns. Their locators seem to start counting at 1, but they should start at 0.
That means that the player and the first enemy have nowhere to go.

so are there any problems left now or is this fixed?

As far as I am aware, this should be the last of the issues. And I didn't physically confirm that ALL new towns work.
But I did adapt the fix for the other towns, so theoretically at least they should.

There are some imperfections left, though:
- Locators for Tortuga should ideally be moved so the player crew starts at the dock and the enemy soldiers start in the town
- Boarding locators to be made for the VCO location of Cartagena, as that location is currently being skipped altogether

You mean with the "I'll spare the colony only when you pay me *** gpcs of ransom." option? I just tried that on your savegame, but that didn't cause any issues at

Looks like you do have the required Land Troops ability.
In addition, you need to destroy all Dutch ships around Aruba and also be hostile with the Dutch to be able to land troops there.
I send you a savegame. Land Troops Aruba. It haves the same bug as I saw in Santiago!

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea April 21st, 1813.zip
    680.6 KB · Views: 141
  • compile.log
    1.7 KB · Views: 134
  • system.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 138
Back