• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cartagena Firecracker Quest Bugs ( B14-3.4 ) Fixes

I read the wiki for the firework quest. Great work, Talisman :doff
Fortunately, the wiki exists for the storylines. Because, i don't remember the details of my quests.:facepalm

Thanks - I try to write them so that they do not give away too much of the story - but are there to help players if the quest breaks ( or there is a bug), or they are not sure where to go next.
:read

:drunk

Here's the update. The character patch for the Cartagena port + the climbing character model not included because you already added that in your zip file.

Attachments

• update February 4th.zip
    69.1 KB · Views: 263
Just to clarify this particular quest (Cartagena Fireworks), are the fixes mentioned here are already available or yet to be included in next update? Am still using B14_3.4 updated last Jan 2015 and is currently stacked on the part "Talking to everyone" after the rescue of J Elting.

This was really an excellent quest with a great deal of challenges. Thank you for the unfailing efforts to improve the gameplay.:yes

I think the fixes were included in here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-4-release.24486/
If not, they definitely ARE here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817

If you didn't start a new game after installing the fixes, that might be required for the changes to take effect.

Options to fix an existing savegame are explained in earlier posts in this thread, such as this one:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/cartagena-firecracker-quest.24598/page-2#post-501369

I've finally completed this quest, and with it the entire "Bartolomeu" storyline. Definitely a fitting finale to the story! :onya

Gauthier Thomassin has to be one of the worst pirates in history - "worst" as in "not very good at it". xD First he leads the crew into a mutiny over the disposal of the Aztec throne, thereby missing out on the plunder division which is just about due. To be fair, this isn't as good a haul as some previous ones, we're only splitting 6 million whereas last time we split 10 million. Then he tries to take on the warship carrying the throne and promptly gets himself blown out of the water.

So then we have some set piece dialogs, a bit of "Assassin" style sneaking to rescue Elting, and some "Woodes Rogers" style puzzling in the tunnel, before the big action sequence. Unfortunately game saving is disabled here, but I've got a savegame from the last possible point. First time through, I couldn't get the rifle because I had too much junk in my inventory. The next couple of times, Elting managed to get himself before I got to that point. The next time there was a random crash - yes, these still occasionally happen even with the new "ENGINE.exe". Finally I managed to get through to the mortars, Elting hadn't died, and I managed to hit "F2" and toss a few weapons which had been auto-looted from dead soldiers before Queiroz managed to offer me the rifle. Then I couldn't get it to fire. Fortunately this time Elting had not only managed to survive this far, he also managed to finish off his enemies without my help. We got to set light to the powder store which the governor had proudly shown me earlier, then retired to a safe distance to watch the big bang. Return to Sao Jorge, and Bartolomeu finally has a decent ship.

In due time I figured out why the rifle wouldn't fire. When it is equipped, the game turns into a first person shooter, and I reacted accordingly. Of course the gun won't do much if you're trying to fire by pressing the mouse button. It works a lot better if you press the same key as you would to fire a proper gun... :facepalm

In due time I figured out why the rifle wouldn't fire. When it is equipped, the game turns into a first person shooter, and I reacted accordingly. Of course the gun won't do much if you're trying to fire by pressing the mouse button. It works a lot better if you press the same key as you would to fire a proper gun... :facepalm
LOL! Yep, the game remains working the same as normal with that.
Of course you could set the game to always use Left Mouse for firing your pistol.

I've finally completed this quest, and with it the entire "Bartolomeu" storyline. Definitely a fitting finale to the story! :onya
Fortunately, there will be another quest for the Bartolomeu storyline (Jack Rackham already made some amazing stuff for it:onya)

Back