• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cartagena

Bartolomeu o Portugues

Buccaneer
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
For the next year, I need to do Cartagena for a quest.
Here are the first buildings I want to add... Of course, I will look for another models these next days.

I see the models are partly ready... Any ideas of location look? What building where?

Send me files if you want...

In few days I'll have some time for build.

It's a long way before I've got the right idea where I'll put these buildings. I need to find another ones and think how to make Cartagena. For that, I must have the scenario of my quest finished. I still need many weeks... Don't worry, I'll ask for your help when I reach this point of my work :yes

I started my work on one of the locations of Cartagena : the townhall (maybe the easiest location to do compared with the others ones I need to make). I used the Pointe-à-Pitre Port location as starting point. I still need to work on the shadows and lighting files, the character patch, the locators (put some people on the seats) and if possible the water effect for the fountains. The idea is to have a small park in front of the residence (no ships in the sea seeing this location is not a port).

BTW: It would be great to have a texture more 'spanish' for the townhall (a colour more yellow) as Thomas the Terror made for the Spanish towns. Is Thomas or anyone else can do this for me?

You can try sending Thomas a PM, but he hasn't been very active for quite a while now.
He does drop by from time to time though.

Already done, yesterday. Anyway, as I said in my previous post, that can be Thomas or anyone else... Just need someone with free time for doing this small work. :shrug
This location will feature a gentlemen duel between Bartolomeu and a young Spanish nobleman for the love of a woman. :ty (Bartolomeu in love : Everything is possible. :rofl )

A proper duel for love in a storyline at last! Sounds like fun. :woot

Yes.. Bartolomeu will be at Cartagena, disguised in Spanish nobleman, in mission on behalf of the Portuguese Governor but during the mission he will fall in love of a young noblewoman already wooed by someone else...

Another point of this story, in the first part of the quest (After being marooned and before going to Cartagena) you'll see the Santiago (his beloved ship) sunk by a British warship :facepalm That's life xD:

Ouch! Oh well, at least Bartolomeu gets a LIVING love to make up for it, though. :cheeky

Indeed. :yes
Otherwise, another stuff I've got here. The first one is the outfit used by Bartolomeu in Cartagena.( His tenth outfit... and I don't count the armors :eek:k ) the second one is the building I hope to use for my second Cartagena location : the town square. This building will entirely surround the square. In the center of the square, I will add a fountain and another details in its edges.
This building belongs to the isla muelle town 4. Seeing is not a stand-alone building I've had to cut and extract it from this location. Now, I'm allocating the textures for each part of that model.
Let's hope, I won't have any technical problems :?

Afterwards, I will do the Fort and Church locations using the models you can see in the first post of this topic.

Many months for doing all those locations but if I succeed, I will have the stuff to make my best quest ever.

I've got many months; take your time, you're doing a great job!
It all sounds great to me. :woot

Thanks Pieter, I already wrote a big part of the story of this quest. I think we'll have Bartolomeu, Elting and a commando of Portuguese soldiers attacking the Cartagena fort with a big firework at the end. :shoot: :flashing:

Yes, I use Sketch-up 7 Pro and it's an excellent tool :onya

Otherwise, I've got good news. The Cartagena port and fort are almost finished. They use the same folder, the only difference is they have their own character patch and locator files. About the fort character patch, don't think the player can walk everywhere. However, there are 5 small areas in the most interesting locations that will allow many fights. I still need to add many details to the fort as I did for the El Morro fort (barrels, boxes, flag and so on...). Of course, there will be many ships moored in the port. By the way, when the player fights the soldiers in the fort, in background, he will be able to see many explosions on some Spanish ships.
The last point is the Cartagena port, I need to add some buildings to hid the empty area behind (seeing we can see this part from the fort.)

Attachments

• Cartagena Port and Fort(3).jpg
    Cartagena Port and Fort(3).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 350
  • Cartagena Port and Fort(4).jpg
    Cartagena Port and Fort(4).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Cartagena Port and Fort(5).jpg
    Cartagena Port and Fort(5).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 347
  • Cartagena Port and Fort(6).jpg
    Cartagena Port and Fort(6).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 320
I'm not a good texturer. After releasing all the locations, if someone wants to improve the textures, he can do it. This year, I hardly worked for the BuildMod and I've still got a lot of work for doing next year. So, I think I deserve a bit of support in the future...

Back