• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cartagena

But you're placing texture, so it is smalle texture which repeats him self? or placing full-height texture on the fort wals?

The textures are small so they are repeating. If you want to make new textures, I can give you the gm.file + its textures next week. :yes
In the meantime, if you want to, you can make a texture more "Spanish" for the Cartagena townhall (Something more white/yellow. I use the Pointe-à-Pitre townhall like model as you can see here

Otherwise, another stuff...

I'm finishing a wall for the town locations (I've had to use a piece of a Coas model from the alice town to make my own wall). The first town location will include the shop, tavern, shipyard and so on (using the Coas models). The second one will be the Church location with a cathedral, the cloister and some vegetation around them.
Of course, I'll also add the townhall location and town square to Cartagena but for them I don't need to use the wall.

Attachments

• cloister(1).jpg
    cloister(1).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 288
  • cloister(2).jpg
    cloister(2).jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 292
  • coas models.jpg
    coas models.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 297
  • wall(1).jpg
    wall(1).jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 306
  • wall(2).jpg
    wall(2).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 270
To SuperDurnius :

You didn't reply if you want to work on the Cartagena fort textures. Are you interested in or not? If not, I won't need to upload the resources.

I don't know anything about 3D-modelling; :blink:

What program do you use? Can you make character patches as well?

I've got many problems with a location I'm doing (a town location). So, I would like to know if it's possible to import a town location from the game Sea Dogs...
I don't have this game but saw some screenshots in the internet. If we can import, can anyone upload the resources of a town location for me?

While the files for PotC, AoP and CoAS are pretty freely interchangable, I don't think it'd be that easy for Sea Dogs. I don't have the game files for that anyway, so I can't help you.

While the files for PotC, AoP and CoAS are pretty freely interchangable, I don't think it'd be that easy for Sea Dogs. I don't have the game files for that anyway, so I can't help you.
But i think in the past the community already imported some stuff from this game.. or I'm wrong? :?

I think there is some stuff based on Sea Dogs files, but I'm not sure if that was converted or recreated. I thought the governor Brin skin came from Sea Dogs, but the model file is still a PotC model.
Anyway, I can't say anything truly useful here because I never had that game. I does use somewhat different file formats from what we're used to though, from what I understand.

I have the Seadogs game. :dance

If you want I will try and upload the Resources folder onto the FTP.

If this will help.

Unless you can tell me of any actual files that you want.

PS - The locations in the game are very simple ( basic ) the town is a square box with small square houses in it.

The files are also *.loc files and I cannot open them in gm viewer.

The difference in graphics between Seadogs & stock PotC is massive :yes Much greater than the difference between PotC & CoAS - for instance all the people are the same quality as the ship crew members that walk on deck at sea in PotC.

I have loaded the Seadogs - Resource / locations folder onto the FTP for you to look at.

If you want anything else let me know.

:cheers

Thanks I'll see that.. :onya

Have you also got VCO?
If yes, can you check if we can import a town from this game?

Some news about Cartagena...

First, I use the isla Muelle model for the Colombia island. However, I replaced the Isla Muelle fort model by the San Felipe fort. So, when you are in the Cartagena port location you can see the same fort model than the one off the island.

I will also add a new location for the town : the Palace square.

btw: I also asked Damski if he could try to import a town location from VCO for the main town location I want for Cartagena. I hope he'll succeed...

Attachments

• Colombia.jpg
    Colombia.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Palace Square.jpg
    Palace Square.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Palace Square (2).jpg
    Palace Square (2).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 245
Back