• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Categories for Quest Headers

Do you find the Categories for certain quests useful?

• Yes, keep it: Add it for all Main Quest ones too!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
So based on @Kpax7's comments a few weeks ago, I made some changes to the side and general quest titles that result in this:

upload_2015-9-16_22-40-35.png

In other words: Quests are marked with "Side Quest" or "General Quest" as appropriate.
Storyline headers remain unaffected.

Now the big question is: DO WE WANT THAT?

I think it does server a purpose. Maybe later I'll be able to add a filter to the questbook also, so you could for example show only sidequests etc.

I think we should leave the Catagories in the Quest book at least for the next public release - so that we can get more feedback as to if they are needed or not.:yes

One thing that does annoy me about the Quest book - the Exit button at the top right
When you are reading the actual quest book entries for say Hard Labours of an Assassin - if you use the Exit button it takes you right out of the F2 interface and back to the game as it does with all the other screens on the F2 interface ( colonies - relations- passengers etc) .

Would it be possible instead for the Exit button on the actual Quest Book Entries page to take you back one level to the Quest Book Headers List, so that you can look at other Quest book entries without having to log into the F2 interface again. :shrug

I mostly get round this when I have finished reading an entry by clicking on one of the other buttons at the top of the screen ( usually Passengers) and then click on the Quest Book button to get back there.

PS Where is the poll :oops:

:type1

Would it be possible instead for the Exit button on the actual Quest Book Entries page to take you back one level to the Quest Book Headers List, so that you can look at other Quest book entries without having to log into the F2 interface again. :shrug
Doesn't the Escape button do that?

PS Where is the poll :oops:
There isn't one; couldn't find the button today. Will try again. :confused:

There isn't one; couldn't find the button today. Will try again. :confused:
Nope, button just isn't there. @Armada, where did my "add poll" button go???

Anyway, we don't quite need a poll because I'm more interested in what people have to say anyway.
Numbers don't say quite as much. Though admittedly they can indicate general trends more clearly than a lot of text.

Nope, button just isn't there. @Armada, where did my "add poll" button go???
It seems that ability was disabled for this particular forum - no idea why. o_O
Anyway, that's fixed now. Should be there when editing the first post in More Options.

EDIT: On the other hand, you might need to start a new thread to create a poll. :facepalm

Would it be possible instead for the Exit button on the actual Quest Book Entries page to take you back one level to the Quest Book Headers List, so that you can look at other Quest book entries without having to log into the F2 interface again. :shrug:type1
You can alternatively use Backspace, I found it coz I had the same problem lol

Not necessary. Poll added now! :cheers

VOTE AWAY!!! :razz
I find it quite ugly and changes the game Questbook to an Official manifest of tasks given to you in the job environments. Seems to me it ruins the game atmosphere...
Anyway I try to complete every task that I'm given in the game no matter it's main or sidequest!

Same here. To me, quests are quests - if you can't figure out from context that it's part of the main storyline then it's probably supposed to look like a side quest until you find out what's going on. It's also going to look silly in free-play games where everything is labelled "Side Quest". And anyone who really needs to know which quests are part of a main storyline can always look at the walkthroughs.

The main reason for this is because @Kpax7 thought the random sidequest for the Maltese Knight Abbey was part of the main quest.
But I imagine that is quite an unlikely scenario.

Unfortunately based on how the game code works with quest headers, I can not think of a simple way of making a toggle for this.
So it is either always on or always off in the mod.

It seems nobody is particularly keen on this change, so I'll revert it back to normal for a future update soon. :yes

I'm still with talisman on this one. Keep it for beta4 so we have more feedback.

The main reason for this is because @Kpax7 thought the random sidequest for the Maltese Knight Abbey was part of the main quest.
But I imagine that is quite an unlikely scenario.
I'm sorry for inconvenience but I never requested such a feature, I had questions about some quests which could not be finished in beta 3.4 and I really don't have time to test them out in Beta4

One was Church protection which is still active in my quest book and I don't know what to do with.
Second was the Artois Voysey which was ambiguous to me.

Thanks

I'm sorry for inconvenience but I never requested such a feature, I had questions about some quests which could not be finished in beta 3.4 and I really don't have time to test them out in Beta4
I know you didn't request it. But you ended up thinking that the "Church Protection" sidequest was a part of the Standard Storyline, which suggested to me that perhaps the sidequest/main quest distinction wasn't clear enough..
So this change was actually my own suggestion to try and clarify on that.

One was Church protection which is still active in my quest book and I don't know what to do with.
This here should be complete as far as I'm aware: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/church-protection/

Moved this to the archive

Moved this to the archive
I restored it and marked it as "Needs Testing" as we are hoping for feedback on it after the Beta 4 release to give us an excuse to revert this.
This is not a feature I'm particularly fond of having if it doesn't really serve any purpose.... :oops:

Back